throwback week

Shadesofgrey Guest

Is anyone ready to eat some Marmie crow?

Looks like the D is back...I don't see many give credit where credit is due...It wasn't to long ago that many of you were ready to tar and feather the guy....:tongue:

moklerman Guest

Re: Is anyone ready to eat some Marmie crow?

Shades, I think you may be a liittle premature on this one. The only opponent the Rams have played that I would consider as good as "average" is the Niners and they lost that game. The Card's are pathetic (I called that one...absolutely wrong! Green suckered me. I thought he had done some good things in Minnesota but he is awful now.) and the Titans need to put Volek in as soon as possible. It sounds crazy to say but, McNair is holding back that offense.

I will say that the Rams D is playing "better" but I don't think they've faced an offense that has any kind of rushing game.

AugustaRamFan Guest

Shades:

Gotta agree with Mo on this one. I like the direction that the D has taken and will offer that the points on ShortBus Teams and from turnovers have somewhat "bloated" the ppg numbers. However...

I want to see the D perform against some upper echelon offenses, before I order my Crow. Is that with or without feathers??

ARF

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Sure I will eat some crow for saying he does not seem to light a fire under anyones butt.

But given the fact that the Rams now have an upgrade at the LB corp and the improved play of the DL, Marmie still does not, nor does he need to, light a fire under anyones butt.

The LB's are coached by Joe Vitt and Kollar is well known for lighting a fire under his DL's butt.

Maybe you would like to join me in some crow for all of your past criticisms?

Rambos is offline Registered User

If we had two lock down DB we would be one of the best “D” in the league, but we don’t. You can only do so much as a coach and we are going to give up big play until we get better in the secondary,

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey
    Looks like the D is back...I don't see many give credit where credit is due...It wasn't to long ago that many of you were ready to tar and feather the guy....:tongue:
    I've never looked so forward to eating crow as I have with Marmie, not so much because I believe in Marmie, but I've wanted to see a solid D in St. Louis for a loooong time now. As I said, in my "apologies" thread, there are a whole buttload of Rams (Kennedy, Pickett, Arch, Claiborne, Coakley, Martz) that will earn a little respect this year and that just may include Marmie.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

One game at a time. That's the way that I like my poison.

I'll give props to the D because I was casting the 'evil eye' at Arch for a while. He missed a bunch of tackles, and I was wondering about that. It has been a long while since he has shown some force back there. He hauled pure-A** down the field with that ball. Not like that fat-A** Titan who scooped up that faulty latteral and scambered back to the middle of the field and Mr. S. Jackson decided to tackle his bumbling arse.

I still want to see some blitzes just crush those QBs that are picking at us.

Those LB additions are just what we needed on the run, and I for one, want our guys to play the untalented teams first so they can gel as a team.

Go Rams!!!:1:

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I would love to eat crow and say I was completely wrong with this guy. However, I still am not convinced that everything is happy. I think thus far a lot of our success has to do with some players doing a little growing up and maturing. I will give it a few more games until I eat my crow.

coy bacon Guest

Still way too early to talk about Crow Shades. My goodness, who have we played? Not much to brag about eh? Even if we were 3 and 0, still not enough to talk about Marmie bein a D genius, - not after his previous performances.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Big big test for the d coming this week vs the giants. they can run the ball and manning is a very good young qb.

I think tennessee runs the ball pretty well. our second half defense against the run was very very impressive.

the whiners scored over 30 yesterday against dallas, maybe their offense isnt so bad. brandon lloyd is a stud.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

talkstoangels61 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Shades, I think you may be a liittle premature on this one. The only opponent the Rams have played that I would consider as good as "average" is the Niners and they lost that game. The Card's are pathetic (I called that one...absolutely wrong! Green suckered me. I thought he had done some good things in Minnesota but he is awful now.) and the Titans need to put Volek in as soon as possible. It sounds crazy to say but, McNair is holding back that offense.

I will say that the Rams D is playing "better" but I don't think they've faced an offense that has any kind of rushing game.

I'm with you on this one mok........but,i do see a better showing in the near future! TF needs to pick up his game or i do believe that he might be looking for another job next year!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Marmie had no players in his tenure at Arizona and he had players last year that didn't fit his style of defense. Now that he is able to assist in selecting some of the players he would use in his scheme, the defense is looking better.

Big test this week against the Giants though.

Shadesofgrey Guest

I know it's a bit premature but I thought I'd post it because people were so quick to jump on him last season...I figured I'd give them a chance to jump back off As a football coach i know that it takes time to develop any scheme..The biggest mistake fans and owners make is not giving coaches time to get it together. I think everyone should give a coach at least 2 seasons to get his act together...Look at the Colts D..It was terrible, but finally Dungee put his stamp on it...it took a few years though...