Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Anyone Wish We Would of Stepped Up and SIGNED WESTBROOK??

I am. I think that is going to come back and bite us. Jackson is our offense lets be frank. He needs someone to help him withe the load and westbrook would have helped. Worst of all he goes to the ***** who are already is good position.

Ohhh man this year doesn't look fun....

What you all think>>

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Anyone Wish We Would of Stepped Up and SIGNED WESTBROOK??

Because we didnt get Westbrook? The guy hasnt put in a full season in a while. What good would he do us if Jackson got dinged and then we had to rely on him to stay healthy? I really don't think its that big of a deal and doesnt hurt this team in the least. I'd be more worried about our o-line then a backup running back after watching the pre-season game.
    Just Fix It

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I would have liked to see Westbrook sign with us. All is not lost there will be more Rb's available as the teams continue to shed players.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Because we didnt get Westbrook? The guy hasnt put in a full season in a while. What good would he do us if Jackson got dinged and then we had to rely on him to stay healthy? I really don't think its that big of a deal and doesnt hurt this team in the least. I'd be more worried about our o-line then a backup running back after watching the pre-season game.
    Except the Pollyanna Brigade is suggesting that Saturday's offensive woes can also be pinned on missing Jackson. If our best backup RB at the moment gives us a completely neutered offense, it behooves us to lock down a better backup RB in case Jackson goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Except the Pollyanna Brigade is suggesting that Saturday's offensive woes can also be pinned on missing Jackson. If our best backup RB at the moment gives us a completely neutered offense, it behooves us to lock down a better backup RB in case Jackson goes down.
    So what was the o-lines excuse last year? Jackson played almost every game. Also is Westbrook that much better as easily as he gets dinged up? Westbrook has talent but it doesnt do anyone any good if he's standing on the sidelines after suffering another concussion. Our offensive line woes are no ones fault except the offensive line. I've watched a lot of pre-season games so far and i've yet to see even a team who didnt start their starting running back almost allow a nose tackle to take the snap from center. Sure Westbrook is more talented than what we have. Even though we havnt really seen Toston behind the starting line Westbrook still is the most injury prone rb in the last few years.
    Just Fix It

I'm pretty sure Westbrook can gain 1 yard if needed. Ogbonnaya, our current #2, can't, as evinced by his performance on Saturday.

Springfield Rams is offline Registered User

Doesn't matter, I doubt he would have lasted the season.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Apparently, the Rams offered more money to Westbrook than the whiners did, but he chose to take less and sign with them.

I would not have minded having Westbrook behind Jackson, but how much does he have left in the tank, and as others have mentioned, he'll most likely have a hard time making it through the entire season. He's one big hit away from retirement. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

That's a shame. I understand why Westbrook might have reservations about playing on our turf, but if he had signed, it would have alleviated one of the major concerns going into this season.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Anyone Wish We Would have Stepped Up and SIGNED WESTBROOK??

Quote Originally Posted by R8rh8rmike View Post
    Apparently, the Rams offered more money to Westbrook than the whiners did, but he chose to take less and sign with them.

I would not have minded having Westbrook behind Jackson, but how much does he have left in the tank, and as others have mentioned, he'll most likely have a hard time making it through the entire season. He's one big hit away from retirement. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.
    Same here, ditto.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Nope. I have a Whiner-fan "friend" at work and I told him the exact same thing a few days ago when supposedly the Rams were the most likely to sign him.

Don't want him. Not only is he 30, the retirement age for RBs, but he's had various injuries over the years. He hasn't put together a full season since never. That's right, never played a full 16 games. All those injuries wearing down his body, including concussion questions... no thanks. I'd rather take a chance on potential (whether it be Ogbonnaya or a FA pickup/training camp cut) than what is so obviously over-the-hill.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -08-16-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: replacement for "forty-niners"

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I'm pretty sure Westbrook can gain 1 yard if needed. Ogbonnaya, our current #2, can't, as evinced by his performance on Saturday.
    So that was Ogbonnayas fault or the o-line letting a linebacker fly threw and throwing his momentum off and making the stop? Running backs especially average ones are only as good as their o-lines blocking. Miss a block that is right in the hole where the play is going and the result will be exactly what we saw no gain. So Westbrook and his huge body frame would have ran that linebacker right over and got the first? For one even if we had Westbrook Saturday night with Jackson sidelined my guess is he wouldnt have gotten the call on 4th and one anyway. Westbrook isnt exactly what I would call a power back in short yardage situations. Camp cuts are not over and we still dont really know what Toston can do behind the starting o-line. Not getting Westbrook not a season breaker in my opinion.
    Just Fix It

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

NO.....I some more charicters to post this so here they are.

GO RAMS

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I hate the whiners!!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    So that was Ogbonnayas fault or the o-line letting a linebacker fly threw and throwing his momentum off and making the stop? Running backs especially average ones are only as good as their o-lines blocking. Miss a block that is right in the hole where the play is going and the result will be exactly what we saw no gain. So Westbrook and his huge body frame would have ran that linebacker right over and got the first? For one even if we had Westbrook Saturday night with Jackson sidelined my guess is he wouldnt have gotten the call on 4th and one anyway. Westbrook isnt exactly what I would call a power back in short yardage situations. Camp cuts are not over and we still dont really know what Toston can do behind the starting o-line. Not getting Westbrook not a season breaker in my opinion.
    Of course not. The season was broken a long time ago. This just means that once again, the front office has failed to fill a hole.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast