Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61
  1. #46
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,603
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    Never post with beer goggles.


  2. #47
    ramstiles's Avatar
    ramstiles is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    surrey, england,
    Age
    60
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    If you, elAcky, or anyone else wants to argue that Bernie is right and I'm wrong, be my guest (I might argue back, but that's to be expected).

    elAcky hasn't said a word about Bernie's article. He just doesn't like me (or "Yanks," apparently).

    As for me (or Nick) dominating the boards... what is stopping you from starting your own threads? If your thread is interesting or evocative, people will respond.

    Where did elAcky say he didnt like yanks

  3. #48
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,603
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    That's been deleted.

  4. #49
    psycho9985's Avatar
    psycho9985 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Visalia ca
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    The thread clearly was not meant to be any kind of self promotion by Avenger.

    He was simply calling out Bernie on an article about our Rams that lacked basis of fact. Many times Bernie simply writes with nothing to back up his points. He was called on it, and he responded with the same nonsense.

    Miklasz should be able to back up his claims, but instead he resorted to spewing the same nonsense that he posts in many of his articles.

    Perhaps if you could see past whatever personal agenda you have, you'd realize Avenger's criticism was not meant to make him look better. He was simply calling a journalist out, to elaborate on a column. I believe that should be part of their job.
    Typical media crap.If they dont have anything to write about they try to make their opinions sound like fact ie:cnn.CBS(Dan Rather),NBC.You want facts the best place is Fox news.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

  5. #50
    ZigZagRam's Avatar
    ZigZagRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Louis
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    I dunno Psycho, did any of you St. Louis locals catch Larry Conners special report on tasers?

    That's why I watch the news.

  6. #51
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,603
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    There's nothing wrong with investigative reporting and uncovering the truth.


    But, remember... Woodward and Bernstein didn't just write an article saying "I think there's a real problem in the Nixon administration," and leaving it at that. They actually supplied facts.

  7. #52
    psycho9985's Avatar
    psycho9985 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Visalia ca
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    I dunno Psycho, did any of you St. Louis locals catch Larry Conners special report on tasers?

    That's why I watch the news.
    If you have a bad heart they'll kill you.Thats been known for a long time,so why are the media moguls jumping on it now. The mainstream media thinks they have a right to tell us what to think,and we're just stupid hicks and homophobes if we dont go along.media Quote after the last election"HOW CAN 60 MILLION PEOPLE BE SO STUPID".
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

  8. #53
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,475
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    You want facts the best place is Fox news.
    I'm going to refrain from saying anything more detailed than a simple, "I disagree."

    However, I'm not sure this is the best place for a political media discussion.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  9. #54
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,585
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I'm going to refrain from saying anything more detailed than a simple, "I disagree."

    However, I'm not sure this is the best place for a political media discussion.
    But if it were, I'd have to say I disagree with your disagreement. :tongue:
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  10. #55
    theodus69's Avatar
    theodus69 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    so.cal.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    But if it were, I'd have to say I disagree with your disagreement. :tongue:
    Order in the court! We shall all recess for Watermelon shooters and krispy creme donuts! And don't forget your Krispy creme swimsuit calender! :tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

  11. #56
    psycho9985's Avatar
    psycho9985 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Visalia ca
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    But if it were, I'd have to say I disagree with your disagreement. :tongue:
    I feel your disagreement HU
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

  12. #57
    dfarrar777 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    Someone needs to tell this dork that Avenger is actually a lawyer. And judging from this back-and-forth (and the Seahawks-Rams debate we had going last year, which I hope we can repeat in a few months), probably a pretty good one, too.

    After seeing Bernie on SportsCenter this morning discussing Mark McGwire, I would like to bestow one of the most prized honors available from your favorite rival site:


  13. #58
    elAcky Guest

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    Did someone just catch irony in a bottle?
    This thread is just full of it my friend... but i guess few see past the smoke screen..

    I agree that he probably stretched the truth.. but one doesn't say that hanzel disliked Gretel without some base facts... and lets face it there are a lot of indications that there is SOME truth to what he had said and in fact no one can prove him right or wrong at that moment in time (where there are personalities there will always be friction), .. I will reserve my judgement untill the real facts come out rather than jump on the 'FO are nuts' bandwagon only to jump on the 'we have the best FO' the next day just to follow the shephed (or whats worse the sheep that walks in front of me). After all, there is still the draft to contend with... and we know how successful we are at that !!

  14. #59
    ZigZagRam's Avatar
    ZigZagRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Louis
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    Who here said we have the best FO? You're Bernie-ing.

  15. #60
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,603
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: AR Takes Bernie To Task; Bernie Backtracks, Then Blathers

    That's exactly the point, Zig. I have no problem criticizing the Front Office when they fail to get results. I'm just not interested in those who predict doom and gloom because Mike Martz didn't go to Jay Zygmunt's neice's Sweet 16 (or some other nonsense like that).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •