Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 460
  1. #46
    BeastMorgan55 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    nc *****
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    More old news. Pretty lame. As for the Rams' "best additions," I would put Witherspoon on the list, but Chris Draft hardly makes the top 2.

    Next!
    Will Witherspoon has only been averag for you because you have miscast him badly at mlb.

    Did you miss my huge post???


  2. #47
    RedArcher7's Avatar
    RedArcher7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    626
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    Uh, Shut up. Alldaway I wasn't responding to your post, you self centered poster, you. Man, you guys got me and AV stumped, a brand new offense, which no one has seen yet you are sure it's better than our defense. I hope your linebackers don't have to resort to hair pulling to stop Action. Oh well, that unbiased match-up sure put me in my place.

  3. #48
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,007
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    At least BM 55 is trying, but alas...

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMorgan55 View Post
    The reason this years panther will beat this years rams is simple

    our monstrous Dline has you out matched at the line of scrimmage..
    (yes pace is great i give him his due)
    Yeah, that's what Minnesota fans said at the end of last season. Jackson had a pretty good day against them as I recall.

    On run downs we have

    Rucker-old former pro bowler good run defender.
    Jenkins-3time pro bowl dt in shape this year.. last wk he threw alen faneca on his ass like a ragdoll...
    Make keomatu- 350 pd run stuffer...
    Julius Peppers-the nfls best de 13.5 sacks 35 qb pressures... a true monster
    Certainly, a good D line, but if Jenkins is so great, why was your team so intent on trading him? And if you say it is because of the play of Damione Lewis... well, thanks in advance for the laugh.

    On passing downs We substtute
    Lewis-former ram who we turned into a 5 sack dt.
    Ooops! Spoke too soon! Bwahahaha!

    Mcclover-Great speed rusher...
    Yawn.

    our lb vs steven jackson...

    Jon beason-this years rook.. great speed good at reading plays...
    Great to have confidence in your rookies. Heck, we have a lot of confidence in Adam Carriker. But let's be honest. Until they do it in the regular season, bragging is a bit premature.

    Dan Morgan- 2 time Pro-bowler one of the nfls best mlbs when on the field...
    I like Dan Morgan. I remember when he played at UM. Unfortunately, he does not.

    Thomas"bodybag" Davis- The hardest hitter on the team... Tackled Jackson 7 times last year... none for more than a three yd gain....( i personaly loved it when he grabed him by the dreads with one hand and pulled him strait down)
    Jackson was underused in that game to such a great extent that it made Linehan (or someone above him) realize that he needed to step back from playcalling. The "bodybag" will look nice with Jackson's shoeprint on it after next Sunday.


    At cb we have

    Ken Lucas(10 pics in 2 years) Vs torrie Holt- a pro bowl caliber corner vs. a all time great good matchup...
    If its Lucas on Holt 1 on 1, it won't be a good matchup, it will be a field day for Torry.

    Richard Marshal vs Drew Bennet- Last year as a rookie marshal had three pics and held holt to 2 catches for 20 yds...
    First of all, Holt was hurt and probably shouldn't have even been playing in that game. More importantly, you need to do your homework. The Rams #2 WR is future HOFer Isaac Bruce.

    Chris Gamble(10pics in 2 years)vs. Issac Bruce- Bruce is old and slow...
    Old and slow, huh? Guess he crawled to over 1,000 yards receiving last year.

    Our offence vs. your d


    Well simply put who covers steve smith???? tye hill?
    Like Holt, nobody covers Smith 1 on 1. That said, Hill has the speed to keep up with Smith, which a lot of starting CBs can't say.

    We ran for 245 yds can you stop the run????
    Well, the Rams will be starting 2 new DL and have Chris Draft bolstering the LB corps, so I doubt you'll see holes like last year. Plus, when the Rams take a 17-0 lead, the Panthers will probably abandon the run.

    There isnt any film on our offence its brand new....
    I thought there was no film because the "brand new" offense couldn't stay on the field for more than 3-4 plays at a time during the preseason.

    Next!

  4. #49
    RamFan_Til_I_Die's Avatar
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,126
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    I hate to break the news to you Panther fans, but having a new offense does not help your team, it hurts you. YOUR players won't be familiar/comfortable with it, and won't be until the end of the season. Our defensive goals will remain the same: Stop the run and stop Steve Smith. It doesn't matter what style of offense you run, those 2 things will remain the same.

    I personally have been looking forward to this game more than any other this season, so we can prove how big of a fluke that shutout was last year. What a nightmare it was for us Rams fans. Thankfully someone new is running the offense now.

    After the game is over and we put 30+ points up on you, please do us a favor and come back here and admit our offense is legit.

  5. #50
    BeastMorgan55 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    nc *****
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    The Viking Dline dosnt have Julius Peppers....

    We were trying to trade kj to motivate him because he always shows up overweight to camp....... it worked btw hes at his 345 playing weight.,,,


    Holt is gimp i doubt he will be making much of an impact...

    Draft is a backup..... who only looked good because he didnt face bloockers because he played behind a 700 pd wall...

    Dan Morgan is the 2 only to urlacher when healthy... he is the perfect blend of aggression,speed,stregth and aggresion...

    Underused yes but still 3.5 ypc...

    I'd hate to be buldger when morgan comes up the middle...unblocked


    I think i can count on beason more than you can carricker he had to swithc postions and your trying to make him a run stuffer....

    the rams "d" scares noone...

  6. #51
    BeastMorgan55 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    nc *****
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    I hate to break the news to you Panther fans, but having a new offense does not help your team, it hurts you. YOUR players won't be familiar/comfortable with it, and won't be until the end of the season. Our defensive goals will remain the same: Stop the run and stop Steve Smith. It doesn't matter what style of offense you run, those 2 things will remain the same.

    I personally have been looking forward to this game more than any other this season, so we can prove how big of a fluke that shutout was last year. What a nightmare it was for us Rams fans. Thankfully someone new is running the offense now.

    After the game is over and we put 30+ points up on you, please do us a favor and come back here and admit our offense is legit.
    If you should manage 20 points even in a loss i'd be hear eating crow the thing is people dont score big points on the healthy panthers "d"... and buldger will have peppers in his face all day.....

  7. #52
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,007
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    Dude, your absurd man-love for Morgan is misplaced. He has barely been able to stay on the field (1 game last year; never played a full season). If you don't think his skills have eroded you're kidding yourself.

    Funny that you champion Morgan, and call Holt a "gimp."

  8. #53
    RAM-BO's Avatar
    RAM-BO is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by gengizk View Post
    Yeah you only had a 50 year head start. Checkmate that lamb fan
    Yeah and that really factored into you guys making the superbowl? Maybe thats why you lost.

  9. #54
    AtlantaRamFan's Avatar
    AtlantaRamFan is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    24
    Posts
    800
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMorgan55 View Post
    The Viking Dline dosnt have Julius Peppers....

    We were trying to trade kj to motivate him because he always shows up overweight to camp....... it worked btw hes at his 345 playing weight.,,,


    Holt is gimp i doubt he will be making much of an impact...

    Draft is a backup..... who only looked good because he didnt face bloockers because he played behind a 700 pd wall...

    Dan Morgan is the 2 only to urlacher when healthy... he is the perfect blend of aggression,speed,stregth and aggresion...

    Underused yes but still 3.5 ypc...

    I'd hate to be buldger when morgan comes up the middle...unblocked


    I think i can count on beason more than you can carricker he had to swithc postions and your trying to make him a run stuffer....

    the rams "d" scares noone...

    Nope, the Vikings don't have peppers, but they were about to set a record for fewest rushing yards allowed...Jackson took care of that...I honestly don't know what Beason has done, so I can't say how good/bad he has looked, but AC has looked very good against pro bowl OL...let's just wait and see on the rookies...I agree with the last part, as of now, i really doubt that teams are losing sleep about facing our D, however they did get better.. the Panthers O doesn't really scare anybody either...if our D got better, and the Panthers are installing a new O that hasn't looked so great in the preseason...what makes you think you'll score any more than the 15 last year? If the Rams are held to less than 15 I'll be SHOCKED

  10. #55
    HoFBound90 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    Haha, how many years have the Rams been in the league?

    Give the Panthers that amount of time (I'm not exactly sure of it, but I'll go look it up later). And the Panthers WILL have at least 1 superbowl trophy.

    And for the "checkmate that Panthers fan", are you dumb or just ignorant, it isnt a fair question b/c the Panthers havent been around close to as long as the Rams, plz just use some common sense when comparing them...I hope he doesnt speak for all you Rams fans out there.

  11. #56
    BeastMorgan55 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    nc *****
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Dude, your absurd man-love for Morgan is misplaced. He has barely been able to stay on the field (1 game last year; never played a full season). If you don't think his skills have eroded you're kidding yourself.

    Funny that you champion Morgan, and call Holt a "gimp."
    Funny we stick morgan in vs the pats for about ten minutes and he had 4 tackles and a defended pass...
    There is no doubt about the mans skill durability definatly...


    Didnt holt have a bad ankle recently???

  12. #57
    BeastMorgan55 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    nc *****
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    Nope, the Vikings don't have peppers, but they were about to set a record for fewest rushing yards allowed...Jackson took care of that...I honestly don't know what Beason has done, so I can't say how good/bad he has looked, but AC has looked very good against pro bowl OL...let's just wait and see on the rookies...I agree with the last part, as of now, i really doubt that teams are losing sleep about facing our D, however they did get better.. the Panthers O doesn't really scare anybody either...if our D got better, and the Panthers are installing a new O that hasn't looked so great in the preseason...what makes you think you'll score any more than the 15 last year? If the Rams are held to less than 15 I'll be SHOCKED
    Last years game wasnt as close as the score hoover had a freak fumble(unforced he just dropped it) at the 1yd line that would have been a td... and keyshawn ran the wrong rout in the redzone wich caused an int...


    I have to say better for the rams d would only be allowing 150 rushing yds...

    anyway this argument has grow old heres to a good game and no injuries..

  13. #58
    HoFBound90 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    Alright Rams fans, I'm tired of all the same pointless arguments getting said back and forth.

    Alright:

    Panthers offense is new and unproven, so its not really worth talking trash about right now. We do have Smith, top playmaker in the league, unquestioned. Delhomme is a bit questioinable, it depends on how motivated he is and what playing form he is in. our runningbacks have seemed to take well to our new running plan, but we will never know till the season gets going. Also, Colbert will hopeefully return to his rookie season form, when he was doing very well for a rook, but in all honesty he is kind of a poor mans Steve Smith (although Colbert has looked impressive in Preseason).

    The Panthers D should be the strongpoint once again. The front 4 was one of the best a few years back, and I believe it will be back to that form this year, although Rucker is old and just came back from surgery, so you will most likely not need to worry about much pressure from that end. Morgan is a top 5 linebacker when healthy, wach some of his FEW game videos and you can easily see that.The secondary is easist the weak spot, however if Gamble and Lucas can return to their prior forms then it will create good matchups for the Rams Recievers.

    On the other hand the Rams still have a spectacular offense (some of which carried my fantays team last year lol). Bulger is an underated qb. SJ is one of my fav running backs and most likely will not be shutdown. Holt is one of the best 3 recievers in the league, obvioiusly ( My other two are smith and Harrison, who is old but still a classic). Bruce is reliable but is not getting any younger.

    However, i dont know much about the Rams O-line and Defense, except for Carriker who i was hoping the Panthers grabbed lol and Pace on the O-Line.

    I am just trying to give an unbiased , mor at least mroe reasonable look at each team, its a bit long, and theres a lot of stuff i didnt get into like individual matchups, but just let me know what everyone thinks.

  14. #59
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,255
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    Defense always beats offense? Realllllly? Don't tell that to the Colts...

    I'm not going to mention our Superbowl Championship, or our 2 NFL Championships, because I feel they're meaningless in this discussion. It wasn't last year, so it doesn't matter. I will, however, talk about why this game will be different from last year, and here's why...

    The Rams were without Pro-Bowl tackle Orlando Pace for that Panther game last year, and with other O-line starters out, or playing out of position, our O-line was in complete shambles when we last met. Our offense was held in check because of a makeshift, porous o-line that allowed 5-sacks in the first half! Add to that, Bruce left the game early and Holt fumbled away a ball when we were driving to score.

    Also, our defense last year was admittingly horrid, but your team still only managed to score 15 points! ....and 2 of those points came from your defense on a safety. You're one TD came from a 62 yard pass to Smith in the 2nd quarter when he got a matchup against our safety. After that, your offense did next to nothing against our lousy D?

    If you think the same game plan will work this year, your team is in big trouble. Our O-line is together and healthy. Barron and Pace are bookends. You will NOT get 5 sacks this time around. ...and our D and special teams are much improved.

    Bruce will NOT drop 3 passes as he did last year, and if the Panthers send in six or seven defenders on nearly every play this year like they did last year, you will pay the price. We now have more weapons on O, and our revamped defense will shut down your weak offense. You will need to score more than 15 points if you plan on winning this game. Plan on watching your backfield chasing Ram receivers all day long.

    ...and please don't mention your guy Morgan as a game-changer. If he gets on a man-to-man with Steven Jackson, he'll be looking at concussion number 6.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  15. #60
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,083
    Rep Power
    106

    Re: ARCH ENEMIES (Week 1): Carolina Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMorgan55 View Post
    Until we play and shred you again sunday 15-0 is the present...

    Speaking of living in the past Weak offence? lmao

    Defence beats offence every time...
    Yeah, like the Bears beat the Colts in the Superbowl?:x

Similar Threads

  1. UNI Gridders at Iowa Saturday
    By DJRamFan in forum COLLEGE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-12-2005, 06:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •