throwback week

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    funk_doc Guest

Talking Re: Arch Enemies (Week 2): San Francisco Niners

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    Why don't you just leave those annoying repeatative chumps and become a Rams fan. I sounds like you've got greatness in you, just need a little guidance. Walk towards the light. Besides, everybody knows we've got better looking uniforms.
    yea the horns on the helmet are tight...i don't know about switching sides lol, but i do respect ur organization.

sactomkiii Guest

Re: Arch Enemies (Week 2): San Francisco Niners

This is a tough one... really is, because I don't think either team really played how we expected them two. I expected Jackson to have more than 60 some odd yards and not fumble twice. Same can be said about gores 60 yard performance, and the ***** total lack of offense, yet strangely excellent defense. So it depends on what team shows up first. Will the Rams suddenly wake up and have Jackson and co get back on track, or will the Alex Smith build on his game winning drive and have his receivers stop dropping pass, which happened 6 times last night. Far as I'm concerned I don't think I'd put money on either team to win right now. But if the ***** defense plays the way they did last night against the rams... Rams r in trouble because they don't have the big men upfront that AZ has to stop gore, or Adrian Wilson to stop Davis.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

After last weeks slugfest with some of the Carolina fans that visited us.(call it a warm up for the 9er fans) I thought for sure things would be even worse this week. I'm still waiting for the onslaught.

I must say this Sundays game is critical for our RAMS. I'm just hoping we wake up faster than last season.
    Last edited by laram0; -09-13-2007 at 10:47 AM.

Zero Cool Guest

Quote Originally Posted by funk_doc View Post
    what's up rams fans...well just came in to say sorry about yesterdays game...my best friend is a rams fan and i went to the bar to watch the game with him...tough loss...i thought u guys were going to win...sorry about the injuries to ur team as well, i know that hurts...don't get down on the loss, its only the first game...like i told my friend, ur team will bounce back like ur team always does, like last year u guys started slow and then went full speed after about week 3....now let's talk 2nd week...the rams vs niners will be tough for both...they have played eachother competitively lately, therefore giving us fans an edge of ur seat type of game. to be honest i'm nervous about the game. i know homers will say my team will whoop urs and vice versa. i know it will be tough for my niners...i don't know how the defense will be by week 2. i don't know if they even have enough to stop ur weapons. well lets all hope for a fun, action packed, and injury free game come week 2.
    I disagree with you. Frank Gore played in his first game since december of last year, he was shaking off the rust. He should have a big game against the Rams because they are soft up in the middle. Our defense shut down two pro powl WR yesterday, and I expect the same. I expect the same vs the rams. Jackson didn't play great against us last season, and P-Willie will be all over him. Alex Smith needs to show more accuary, and better play calling for our offense.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Honestly, for two teams in "the most improved division in the NFL", both teams look rather pathetic at this point.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
    I disagree with you. Frank Gore played in his first game since december of last year, he was shaking off the rust. He should have a big game against the Rams because they are soft up in the middle. Our defense shut down two pro powl WR yesterday, and I expect the same. I expect the same vs the rams. Jackson didn't play great against us last season, and P-Willie will be all over him. Alex Smith needs to show more accuary, and better play calling for our offense.
    Did you watch any of the Carolina vs. St. Louis game? Obviously not. If you had you wouldn't have been coming with the middle of our D being soft smack. Carolina gained their yards by hitting the outside. Now, would you consider Gore a between the tackles runner or a pop it outside runner? Based on what I saw (watching the entire Monday night game) the niners didn't shut down the AZ WR's as much as Leinhart didn't see the open man. Plus, you cant just assume that you can shut down the Rams WR's based on your team shutting down the CARDINALS! Alex does need to show more accuarcy, but everybody has been saying that for 3yrs now. Stop trying to analyze football, just go rent Hackers for the 50th time while you snuggle with your Alex Smith man doll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Honestly, for two teams in "the most improved division in the NFL", both teams look rather pathetic at this point.
    Sad but true, RamsFanSam. (Let's add the Cards to this list also.)

funk_doc Guest

Did you watch any of the Carolina vs. St. Louis game? Obviously not. If you had you wouldn't have been coming with the middle of our D being soft smack. Carolina gained their yards by hitting the outside. Now, would you consider Gore a between the tackles runner or a pop it outside runner? Based on what I saw (watching the entire Monday night game) the niners didn't shut down the AZ WR's as much as Leinhart didn't see the open man. Plus, you cant just assume that you can shut down the Rams WR's based on your team shutting down the CARDINALS! Alex does need to show more accuarcy, but everybody has been saying that for 3yrs now. Stop trying to analyze football, just go rent Hackers for the 50th time while you snuggle with your Alex Smith man doll.
    ur right, foster and williams did get their yards hitting the outside...carriker looked good against the run...and ur right, just cuz the niners secondary held fitz and bolding to under 25 yards each doesn't mean they will do the same to the rams wrs. every sunday is different. and hey i have an alex smith man doll...JK hahahaha

Zero Cool Guest

Wow dude clam down, you just defeated the whole purpose of this thread with your personal attacks.

THEFIELDGOAL Guest

Let's just say this opening game was very unwatchable. Lots of questions and yet no answers yet.
    Whiners are in no better shape. Once again Steve Smith looked like killer receiver. That hurt bigtime. It was just not to be this sunday.
    One thing bothered me was the way Linehan just accepted defeat. He was, hey we played well for 2 quarters and then well we lost. We are ok no problems.
    Even my dog knows we have problems. The huge offensive weapons parade has no fire power.
    It was Wilkins once again saving our butts. It was not pretty.
    I will be in town for this game. This is the rivalry! I can lose every game except two games on the calendar. The 49er games are games not to lose.
    It is tradition.
    I expect a better performance. The way it's going the kickers might make this a game.
    Go Rams!!!

Heucrazy Guest

I'll be rooting for the Rams in this one. Because after you guys beat the Whiners the Cards will take out the Seachickens and there will be a 4-way tie for first in the NFC west.

kd98 Guest

Niner fan here... just wishing you huys a good game and a healthy one at that...

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Actually, a Rams win and a Cards win this week, puts the Rams in 1st place since they would be 1-0 in the division ....

And kudos and good luck to the very friendly and intelligent ***** fans that have posted so far ...

Quite a breath of refreshment over those Panther toilet dwellers that were here last week ...

DHNF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by funk_doc View Post
    well after watching the monday night game, it looks as if steven jackson might rebound big time on our weak run d...can't believe the niners let edge rush like that...
    Edge had 3.5 yards per carry... He didn't do that great. Our D played better Monday night than it has in years.

DHNF Guest

I agree with you that just because we shut down Fitz and Boldin doesn't mean we are going to shut down Holt and Bruce (although Walt Harris did very well against Holt last year).

But the Niners DID shut down the AZ receivers. Nate Clements was all over Boldin all night long. Even on the flea flicker he had such good coverage he had to slow down to break up the pass. Mike and Mike went on and on about how Leinart didn't see Fitzgerald on that play but he wasn't THAT wide open from what I saw on the replay. He was running a flag and Spencer was underneath him, it wasn't a good angle from where Leinart was.

Our pass rush still sucks and he had all night to throw but everyone was covered. The difference Nate Clements makes is unbelievable. No more Shawnte Spencer and Sammy Davis or Bruce Thornton as our corners. Now Spencer is the nickel corner. It's very different now.

Alex was off on some throws Monday night but mostly the ineptitude of the offense was a result of the Oline getting completely dominated. I can't believe how bad the Cards abused our Oline. Alex was getting harassed or hit on almost every play and they didn't open **** for holes for Frank. It was the same way last year too. They actually have a pretty physical defense. Gore didn't do jack against them last year either.

As far as the question about what type of runner Gore is I'm not sure where you are going with that. He is an incredible between the tackles runner. But he does have the vision and quickness to bounce it outside and take it to the house.

----

As far as the game this weekend... I am always leery of playing the Rams. Bulger always scares me and Stephen Jackson is probably the runner I least like playing against. He is an absolute beast.

I am curious how our Oline responds to last week and to see what kind of game Hostler calls. He didn't adapt well to the ridiculous amount of blitzes the Cards threw at us.

Can't wait for this game. Huge for both teams.

GO NINERS

DHNF

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast