Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Arch Enemies (Week 2): San Francisco Niners

haha, so this should be some interesting smack this week. Seriously, what does either fan base have in their smack arsenal?..we..uhh..weee sucked bad but you sucked worse? That won't get too many people riled up...this should be an interesting week...

blood85 is offline Registered User

I'm glad to see some niner fans bring some insight about the game .

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Niners Defense look solid because they "blitzed" alot? Just my observation. I didn't think their defense looked too bad, again, not sure If they blitzed alot.

McRollin is offline Registered User

Hi everyone, a niner fan here, and i'm new to this board so please go easy on me. (=
    First of all, this game looks to be a great match up. Our defense so far looks pretty solid but I’m anxious to see how it plays against a great offense like the Rams. This will be a great test of talent. This season is going to be WILD, any team can win this division. I cant wait to see how this year plays out!!! May the best team win!

ps does anyone know how to add a sig?

Last edited by McRollin; -09-13-2007 at 01:47 AM. Reason: didnt finish my post XD

Welcome MC.

McRollin is offline Registered User

why didnt it post the rest of my message??

nvm...i got it, sorry for the noobyness (=
    Last edited by McRollin; -09-13-2007 at 01:48 AM.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by McRollin View Post
    Hi everyone, a niner fan here, and i'm new to this board so please go easy on me. (=

ps does anyone know how to add a sig?
    Mcrollin... a signature on here requires being a "Premium" member which although minimal still requires a monetary contribution. I'm sure Dez would be more than happy to take your gift though!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

DHNF is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Niners Defense look solid because they "blitzed" alot? Just my observation. I didn't think their defense looked too bad, again, not sure If they blitzed alot.
    I am probably going to watch the game again today at some point and I'll try to see how often we blitzed. We did blitz a good bit and got SOME pressure on Leinart but didn't get to him as much as we should have. The Cards Oline looked much better than it has in the past, plus we just suck at rushing the passer.

I think part of this defense is blitzing alot. Because of the ability of the top 3 corners we now have I think we are able to blitz a lot more.

Think about this. The past 4 meetings (before Monday night) against the Cardinals they AVERAGED 328 yards passing against us...

Monday night they had 100 yards passing. No receiver had more than 22 yards against us. Their longest pass play was a screen to Fitzgerald where Walt Harris went for the pick and just missed it and Fitz ran for like 12 yards.

I'm hoping it wasn't just a fluke. We will see this weekend. It's a real possibility that Leinart was completely flustered after throwing a pick on the very first pass of the game and he never could find a rhythm or any confidence after that.

Our defense probably isn't as great as it looked Monday night. Our offense probably isn't as bad.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Niner fans. Who do you think is your best LB in coverage? How high can your nickle back jump? Does he have a good reach? I just ask this because although, your secondary covered Zona like a glove, they didn't have near the TE or Slot that the Rams have. If Drew plays Sunday, that could be a problem for niner secondary. Especially, if you give Bulger as much time as you guys gave Leinhart. On paper your guys defense looks solid.

But, it's the Niners vs. Rams anything can and probably will happen!

There is no other franchise that I love to hate as much as San Fran!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Heucrazy View Post
    I'll be rooting for the Rams in this one. Because after you guys beat the Whiners the Cards will take out the Seachickens and there will be a 4-way tie for first in the NFC west.
    That's what I'm sayin'.....:sfosux::arisux::seasux:

nonefan is offline Registered User

I can't believe the 49er fans on this board you like the uniforms, they copied from the niners, all of mush is making me sick this is the Rams, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by nonefan View Post
    I can't believe the 49er fans on this board you like the uniforms, they copied from the niners, all of mush is making me sick this is the Rams, I'm out.
    Whoa. The Rams copied what from the whiners? Didn't know that you were in, but it makes sense that you came out. It's kinda a forgone conclusion when dealing with niners.

Quote Originally Posted by nonefan View Post
    Can you translate that to English please?

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    Niner fans. Who do you think is your best LB in coverage? How high can your nickle back jump? Does he have a good reach? I just ask this because although, your secondary covered Zona like a glove, they didn't have near the TE or Slot that the Rams have. If Drew plays Sunday, that could be a problem for niner secondary. Especially, if you give Bulger as much time as you guys gave Leinhart. On paper your guys defense looks solid.

But, it's the Niners vs. Rams anything can and probably will happen!

There is no other franchise that I love to hate as much as San Fran!
    Leonard Pope is bigger than McMichael (they are both UGA TE's btw, hell yeah) and taller, but McMichael so far is a better TE.

Our nickel back in Spencer and he used to be our number 1 corner before we got Walt and Nate. He's good.

Quote Originally Posted by DHNF View Post
    Leonard Pope is bigger than McMichael (they are both UGA TE's btw, hell yeah) and taller, but McMichael so far is a better TE.

Our nickel back in Spencer and he used to be our number 1 corner before we got Walt and Nate. He's good.
    I don't deny the talent you guys have in the secondary. What you did not coprehendo is I was not comparing Randy to a unproven guy with potential. I was just asking who do you think will cover McMichael? Again, talent in secondary is there, but we are talking 5 threats to cover opposed to the 3 they faced last week. Regardless, it will be very interesting.

The Whiners are going to be destroyed in every facet of the game. Linehan likes his job. After last weeks showing, he (the Rams) need a blowout to build momentum. Don't think the Rams wont run up the score, they will. The Niners best chance at beating the Rams is later in the year when they play in San Fran.

Although, I can think of nothing more beatiful than seeing Niners smashed like potatoes, I hope no one gets injured. Hurt? YES, very nice. Injured? NO, very bad.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast