Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    viper is offline Registered User

Re: Arch Enemies (Week 2): San Francisco Niners

Quote Originally Posted by nonefan View Post
    I can't believe the 49er fans on this board you like the uniforms, they copied from the niners, all of mush is making me sick this is the Rams, I'm out.
    Sounds like he's already at the bar waiting for the game to start.

Historically, this rivalry has provided some of the best games ever played. Even recently, these games have been hard fought and usually close. Either team can win this one Sunday. The Rams need it worse than the niners need it. Hopefully, that will give us the edge this week.

The niners defense looks formidable this year. You have some real talent in the secondary and with your linebackers. Our defense still has some question marks. But, I think we have improved against the run in the middle. As much as I was hoping to get Patrick Willis, I'm glad we got Carriker. He addressed an immediate need and seems to be the real deal.

I just hope that Linehan takes the handcuffs off of our offense and allows them to stretch the field to keep your defense guessing. I'm looking forward to another great game and no injuries on either side.

funk_doc is offline Registered User

some sad news just in...frank gore's mom passed away yesterday at 5pm...http: //***** .pressdemocrat .com/default .asp?item=676157
    sad news :\...as a niner fan i just wish it wasn't true...can't post links cuz i don't have enough posts just remove the space before every period and after the colon :
    my prayers go out to him and his family.
    Last edited by funk_doc; -09-13-2007 at 06:20 PM.

DHNF is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    I don't deny the talent you guys have in the secondary. What you did not coprehendo is I was not comparing Randy to a unproven guy with potential. I was just asking who do you think will cover McMichael? Again, talent in secondary is there, but we are talking 5 threats to cover opposed to the 3 they faced last week. Regardless, it will be very interesting.

The Whiners are going to be destroyed in every facet of the game. Linehan likes his job. After last weeks showing, he (the Rams) need a blowout to build momentum. Don't think the Rams wont run up the score, they will. The Niners best chance at beating the Rams is later in the year when they play in San Fran.

Although, I can think of nothing more beatiful than seeing Niners smashed like potatoes, I hope no one gets injured. Hurt? YES, very nice. Injured? NO, very bad.
    Who will cover McMichael.... Manny Lawson most likely. He's tall as hell and fast as ****.

The Niners are going to be destroyed in every facet of the game because Linehan likes his job? Really.

McRollin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by funk_doc View Post
    some sad news just in...frank gore's mom passed away yesterday at 5pm...http: //***** .pressdemocrat .com/default .asp?item=676157
    sad news :\...as a niner fan i just wish it wasn't true...can't post links cuz i don't have enough posts just remove the space before every period and after the colon :
    my prayers go out to him and his family.
    wow, we all know how close Gore was to his mother. that is some sad news...

FRANK OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU

sactomkiii is offline Registered User

I don't deny the talent you guys have in the secondary. What you did not coprehendo is I was not comparing Randy to a unproven guy with potential. I was just asking who do you think will cover McMichael? Again, talent in secondary is there, but we are talking 5 threats to cover opposed to the 3 they faced last week. Regardless, it will be very interesting.

The Whiners are going to be destroyed in every facet of the game. Linehan likes his job. After last weeks showing, he (the Rams) need a blowout to build momentum. Don't think the Rams wont run up the score, they will. The Niners best chance at beating the Rams is later in the year when they play in San Fran.

Although, I can think of nothing more beatiful than seeing Niners smashed like potatoes, I hope no one gets injured. Hurt? YES, very nice. Injured? NO, very bad.
    Look for Lawson to lock up with McMichael... yes 250lb 6'4" lawson with 4.4 speed a 42 inch vertical. You know the OLB that we trot out as the dime corner on some situations.

Fricker 4 9er is offline Registered User

Ya should be a great game, i think you lamb fans are not giving the 9ers D the credit it deserves. With the exception of lack of pass rush last week. I am a little bit worried about our Pass Offense. Our games have always been close in the past, so i feel this would could be a barn burner. Rams definately have the plus side on the Offensive side of the ball i give you all credit there. I mean i do have Jackson and Holt in fantasy football. If they are on my team it must mean they are good.

I am gonna be at the game this sunday so hopefully we can have a competitive good game to be in attendance for. The 5 superbowls are a thing of the past, Until this team makes the playoffs im not gonna say anything about that.

Its ok to hate, but just like myself, you all have to say our 100 million dolllar backfield was quite nice this past monday. We basically shut down Fitz and Boldin, woulda had them shut out if it wasnt for some key penalties.

Once again ill stress should be a great game, and good luck to both teams.

Hopefully monday nights dinner will be left over lambchops and mashed potatoes.

PrepDogg is offline Registered User

Well the way I see it we have to get an early lead like we did against Arizona and put our defense at ease. Hopefully off an early turnover. Our secondary must shut down Holt and Bruce like they did Fitz and Boldin last week. If Holt and Bruce go off against us (like they have before) It'll be a long day for our defense.

May the best team win

leothedog is offline Registered User

Hello everyone. Another Niner fan here to say i'd like to see a clean, injury free game with the Niners winning.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about Orlando Pace. I hate hearing about season ending injuries for any team.

jwniner is offline Registered User

Count them 5 Superbowls!! 5 Superbowls!! and then 10 years of compounding dissapointments:\ While there is some great history to look back on, it is just that history. Both organizations have had their ups and downs. And both seem to on their way up this year.
    I know that there are some annoying Niner fans out there just as there are some annoying ram fans. Nice to see some fans from each rise up and have a good discussion. Just proves that you can dislike someone without being an idiot yourself.........

Now my two bits,
    I am currious, how this week will go. I do not think that it will be a high scoring game. I think that it will come down to little mistakes determining the outcome. Coaching will be huge in this game. I am more concerned about Steven Jackson then the receivers. That is no discredit to Holt and co. as they are very good but I think that the match up with the Niners secondary is close. Finally, who knows if the niners O will even show up. If they do, it could turn out to be a heck of a game, if they do not well it could get ugly. Looks to be a fun game to watch. Just keep it injury free on both sides.

Go Niners

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

My prayers go out to Frank Gore and his family. Sorry that this had to happen, although I fully expect him to go all out Sunday ...

Here's to an injury free game. Good Luck.

Rams 20, ***** 17

BayArea408Niner is offline Registered User

Who is going to stop Frank Gore? Didn't Carolina rack up 180+ rush yards on you guys?

Don't worry about "running up the score" on us, just worry about keeping the game competitive.

Clements will shut down Holt. Harris will shut down Bruce. Drew Bennett? LOL, who cares about him?

Worry about what's going to happen without 2 of your starting OL out there. We whooped on you guys last year in the first game and then should've took the game in St. Louis if not for a bogus non fumble call when Harris stripped Holt and took it for a score and a weak decision by Nolan to not go for it on 4th and inches. And now we're better.

Just remember we're 3-1 against you guys with Nolan at the helm.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea408Niner View Post
    Who is going to stop Frank Gore? Didn't Carolina rack up 180+ rush yards on you guys?

Don't worry about "running up the score" on us, just worry about keeping the game competitive.

Clements will shut down Holt. Harris will shut down Bruce. Drew Bennett? LOL, who cares about him?

Worry about what's going to happen without 2 of your starting OL out there. We whooped on you guys last year in the first game and then should've took the game in St. Louis if not for a bogus non fumble call when Harris stripped Holt and took it for a score and a weak decision by Nolan to not go for it on 4th and inches. And now we're better.

Just remember we're 3-1 against you guys with Nolan at the helm.
    I admire your confidence in your corners Bruce and Holt will not be shut down by either guy. If you had Champ Bailey then you would have a chance to shut them down. Your defense is good but Bruce and Holt are still better than Boldin and Fitzgerald and we all know Bulger is better than Lienart. So at times where Lienart looked dased and confused Bulger will know where to go with the ball. I like how you luagh at Drew Bennet who is better than two thirds of your starting wr's. I'm not saying the Rams will win because we also just lost Tye Hill our best corner but we wont be shut down. Injuries are mounting for the Rams,Pace,Stuessie,Incognito,Tinoisamoa,Hill, and Fahkir Brown suspension. We are rolling out some scrubs out there so I dont expect a blowout either way but the Rams will still have a better showing than last week.
    Just Fix It

BayArea408Niner is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I admire your confidence in your corners Bruce and Holt will not be shut down by either guy. If you had Champ Bailey then you would have a chance to shut them down. Your defense is good but Bruce and Holt are still better than Boldin and Fitzgerald and we all know Bulger is better than Lienart. So at times where Lienart looked dased and confused Bulger will know where to go with the ball. I like how you luagh at Drew Bennet who is better than two thirds of your starting wr's. I'm not saying the Rams will win because we also just lost Tye Hill our best corner but we wont be shut down. Injuries are mounting for the Rams,Pace,Stuessie,Incognito,Tinoisamoa,Hill, and Fahkir Brown suspension. We are rolling out some scrubs out there so I dont expect a blowout either way but the Rams will still have a better showing than last week.
    Thanks for showing class in your response. I'm honestly not here to start trouble, but Lamb week is fun so I do have to talk a bit of trash, it's almost mandatory.

No, Nate is no Champ, but I definitely think he's a Top 5 CB in this league. I disagree with Holt and Bruce being better than Fitz and Boldin at this point, but whatever, they're both a nice set of WRs to have. Sure, Bulger is a better QB than Lienart, but with 2 of your OL out I'm expecting TONS of pressure on him all day. Our new DC Greg Manusky called sent 6 or 7 guys at Lienart 17 times on Monday. And I'm guessing you guys will keep a TE or RB to help with protection, so that's one or two less routes our defense has to worry about.

Also have to disagree with Drew Bennett being better than 2/3 of our starting WRs. We only start 2 actually, but I know what you mean. I'm assuming you already think DJ is better than Bennett. But I think Arnaz Battle is a better WR than Bennett. He's a great blocking WR, Nolan called him our version of Hines Ward. He's not afraid to go over the middle and he's got great hands. Bennett to me, has lived off that great 2nd half of the season he had a few years ago and hasn't done much since.

But whatever, hope it's an injury free competitive game, with us whoopin on you guys of course. Good luck, you're going to need it!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea408Niner View Post
    Thanks for showing class in your response. I'm honestly not here to start trouble, but Lamb week is fun so I do have to talk a bit of trash, it's almost mandatory.

No, Nate is no Champ, but I definitely think he's a Top 5 CB in this league. I disagree with Holt and Bruce being better than Fitz and Boldin at this point, but whatever, they're both a nice set of WRs to have. Sure, Bulger is a better QB than Lienart, but with 2 of your OL out I'm expecting TONS of pressure on him all day. Our new DC Greg Manusky called sent 6 or 7 guys at Lienart 17 times on Monday. And I'm guessing you guys will keep a TE or RB to help with protection, so that's one or two less routes our defense has to worry about.

Also have to disagree with Drew Bennett being better than 2/3 of our starting WRs. We only start 2 actually, but I know what you mean. I'm assuming you already think DJ is better than Bennett. But I think Arnaz Battle is a better WR than Bennett. He's a great blocking WR, Nolan called him our version of Hines Ward. He's not afraid to go over the middle and he's got great hands. Bennett to me, has lived off that great 2nd half of the season he had a few years ago and hasn't done much since.

But whatever, hope it's an injury free competitive game, with us whoopin on you guys of course. Good luck, you're going to need it!
    Sorry my post in the other thread wasnt so classy but like you said It's Whiner week. I also think we will bring a lot of blitzes because Smith looked to say it lightly TERRIBLE vs a blitzing Cards defense. We will agree to dis-agree on Bennett. Your right we are down on the o-line but they did ok untill Pace went down last week against a far better defensive front. Now with Barron on the left and Brown on the right we will be ok. We are pretty strong at guard, even though I would rather see Cogs in there I think the line will be fine. With all the injuries I'm not saying the Rams will win but the offense won't look like it did last week. Jackson will be fired up after a dismal performance where he fumbled twice and he rarely fumbles. I hate the Whiners as every Rams fan should just like I'm sure you hate the Rams, so I would love to see us blow you out, but I doubt that will happen. It will be close I just hope we can overcome the injury bug and get a victory. I also hope for an injury free game basically because the Rams dont have enough players at the positions to suffer anymore.
    Just Fix It

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fricker 4 9er View Post
    Ya should be a great game, i think you lamb fans are not giving the 9ers D the credit it deserves. With the exception of lack of pass rush last week. I am a little bit worried about our Pass Offense. Our games have always been close in the past, so i feel this would could be a barn burner. Rams definately have the plus side on the Offensive side of the ball i give you all credit there. I mean i do have Jackson and Holt in fantasy football. If they are on my team it must mean they are good.

I am gonna be at the game this sunday so hopefully we can have a competitive good game to be in attendance for. The 5 superbowls are a thing of the past, Until this team makes the playoffs im not gonna say anything about that.

Its ok to hate, but just like myself, you all have to say our 100 million dolllar backfield was quite nice this past monday. We basically shut down Fitz and Boldin, woulda had them shut out if it wasnt for some key penalties.

Once again ill stress should be a great game, and good luck to both teams.

Hopefully monday nights dinner will be left over lambchops and mashed potatoes.

The secondary looked *pretty* good on Monday. But honestly, I'll have to see what the Seahawks do to them on sunday to see what it really means. Fitz and Boldin are great receivers, albeit a tad bit inconsistent and Leinart, for all the hype he gets. hasn't really proved anything at all yet. If the Seahawks are shut down by the Cardinals, I'll give your defense credit for that, but if not they're probably the same ol cardinals and I don't think you can really hang your hat on that defensive outing
    Last edited by helorm341; -09-15-2007 at 06:50 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast