Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    shultsy24 is offline Registered User

Re: Arch Enemies (Week 3): Tampa Bay Bucs

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I've never once said anything about how well Jackson is performing. He has played subpar so far. You pointed out incorrect statistics about Carnell, and I just wanted to correct you. Sorry this insulted you ...

For the record, Cadillac Williams is not even in Jackson's league. I don't care what the statistics are through two games, Jackson is a top 3 back ...

Just FYI ...

S. Jackson - Total Yards 158
    C. Williams - Total Yards 135

And well, S. Jackson had more total yards from Scrimmage LAST YEAR, than Cadillac has in his entire CAREER ....

Anyway, having seen, played, and coached against the Cover 2, I know that a critical aspect to beating this defense is getting vertical down field. S.J. will be a factor in this game, moreso is we can beat the Cover 2 with the vertical passing game ...

Carnell is a downfield runner. Through 2 games, we've shown that we are stout against the run up the middle. If Carnell can't get off tackle or outside, he's going to have a long, long day. I don't think he's fast enough to get off the edge against us. If Gore couldn't, no way Cadillac does ...
    I, infact didn't give any incorrect stats. I did it strictly on rushing yards. Go check it out an see that i didn't give any incorrect stats. The cover 2 is based on the front 4, if we get a good amount of pressure on bulger, that eliminates him to go vertical as he will not have the time. If he has time, he will pick us apart i do admit. All i have to say is keep understimating cadillac. You act like he is bad. His cleets and gloves are in the hall, for setting a rookie record. the last 2 season he has been injury plagued. I still stand by my 124 yards prediction. For the record i'm not sure where you are getting your info from, but carnell is faster than gore. Gore is more of a finesse back, cadillac has speed. Should be a good game though. Can't wait for sunday. Look forward to talking more football with you guys on sunday morning.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Garcia is just a winner. That guy always finds a way to win no matter what team he is playing for. My friends and I used to call him "The Roach" because he was so tiny scuttling around the field trying to avoid being stepped on. He's a gamer, I'll give him that.

He's not as fast as he once was, but he doesn't make stupid mistakes, often. I'm hoping that this week "The Roach" gets squashed under the heal of the Rams D. Honestly, Statistically, I think TO would have had a better career if they would have continued to play together. By the way (this is all mainly directed to shultsy) where the hell did M. Clayton go? Wasn't he rookie of the year once upon a time? I thought he had a bright future in front of him. This will be a good game. I don't see anyone walking away with it.

Remembering the 1999 NFC championship game fondly!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    Garcia is just a winner. That guy always finds a way to win no matter what team he is playing for. My friends and I used to call him "The Roach" because he was so tiny scuttling around the field trying to avoid being stepped on. He's a gamer, I'll give him that.

He's not as fast as he once was, but he doesn't make stupid mistakes, often. I'm hoping that this week "The Roach" gets squashed under the heal of the Rams D. Honestly, Statistically, I think TO would have had a better career if they would have continued to play together. By the way (this is all mainly directed to shultsy) where the hell did M. Clayton go? Wasn't he rookie of the year once upon a time? I thought he had a bright future in front of him. This will be a good game. I don't see anyone walking away with it.

Remembering the 1999 NFC championship game fondly!!!
    Ahh yes, the 1999 nfc championship.. That game was amazing huh? Brings back good memory's. Garcia is a gamer, i really like how he fits our offense. On Clayton, his rookie year he tore it up. Then he really hasn't been healthy since, last year when he did play he was dropping balls and just didn't play like he did his rookie year. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to get his form back. He is an outstanding blocker, but i would like for him to be able to get back into catching some passes. I'm not sure if he will ever have a season like his rookie year.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I think it's naive to think that the heat won't play a factor in the game, especially for the Rams.

If the heat wasn't going to be a factor we wouldn't have made it a point to practice in hot humid conditions to prepare for Tampa and Dallas.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I think it's naive to think that the heat won't play a factor in the game, especially for the Rams.

If the heat wasn't going to be a factor we wouldn't have made it a point to practice in hot humid conditions to prepare for Tampa and Dallas.
    Thank you. Tell inifiti that. I'm by no means saying it's going to make you guys just roll over and let us win, no way in hell will that happen. I'm just saying it will play a minor factor in the game it really tests the durability. I've had alot of fun talking football with some of you wise Rams fans! Should be a good game this Sunday.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

For what its worth (and having lived most of most of my life in Florida I know the limited value of weather reports here), the current forecast is for an 80% chance of rain.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shultsy24 View Post
    Thank you. Tell inifiti that. I'm by no means saying it's going to make you guys just roll over and let us win, no way in hell will that happen. I'm just saying it will play a minor factor in the game it really tests the durability. I've had alot of fun talking football with some of you wise Rams fans! Should be a good game this Sunday.
    what is with all the weather stuff? Rams practiced outside for like three straight weeks when we had 100+ extremely humid heat every single (literally) day. They're used to it, it's hot in tampa and st. louis (at least in the summers). The Rams don't practice in Canada, they can handle the heat and were conditioned for it in training camp.

According to weather.com it'll be 87-88 from noon to three there and will feel like 96.

The heat isn't going to be giving the Bucs any advantage at all, that's child's play compared to the summer we had here. (im not debating which place gets hotter, just what the heat factor will be on sunday)

On to football: The Bucs kind of looked like a tough game coming into the year, mostly because of their defense, but they haven't really been dominating this year and their offense is what I expected.

The Rams have lost two games because of stupid fumbles from Jackson, Holt and Hall, none of whom usually fumble the ball. If the oline shores up a bit and we can keep from beating ourselves with stupid fumbles I think we can win this game. Hopefully Linehan gave the team a long lecture about ball protection. Our defense has made ovbious improvement in my eyes over last year, if the offense can step it up in the red zone and rest Wilkins leg a bit we're in a great position.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Say it again ...

Heat is NOT a factor ...

It's late september, not July ...

Sniff Caddy's Dust is offline Registered User

I think we just have Tampa outclassed ...
    If 0-2 at home is outclassed, then I guess you're right

NFLManiac is offline Registered User

Hey guys, another Bucs fan here. I am really looking foward to the game on Sunday. I am expecting a very tight game and I think it will come down to the last few minutes of the game. I know the Rams have a lot of playmakers on their offense so it should be a tough game for the Bucs defense. But, Steven Jackson hasn't looked so well this season and the rest of the Rams offense has seemed to struggle due to Orlando Pace being out. The Bucs defense did look very good last week against the #1 offense last year, so don't underestimate the defensive unit. Also, don't be suprised if the Bucs start to put up a lot of points. The Rams secondary is a little banged up and weak, so I see Galloway having a big game. Alex Smith and Michael Clayton should also get into the equation too. I don't expect to much from Cadillac because the Rams run defense has been good in the 1st 2 games, but I see Garcia stepping it up and leading the Bucs to a victory. My Prediction: 30-27 Bucs

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Say it again ...

Heat is NOT a factor ...

It's late september, not July ...
    Why did we practice specifically in the heat for games in Tampa and Dallas if it's not a factor?

It was September last week and the thermometer they showed on one of the highlights was over 100 degrees on the field without humidity.

September is NOT a factor, heat could be.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -09-22-2007 at 06:05 PM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Why did we practice specifically in the heat for games in Tampa and Dallas if it's not a factor?

It was September last week and the thermometer they showed on one of the highlights was over 100 degrees on the field without humidity.

Spetember is NOT a factor, heat could be.

It actually got up to 110. September means absolutely nothing in florida, we aren't talking about Midwest in September. It stays extremely hot here even in November. The positive thing for you guys is that it looks like it could be rainy. Which means it will probably be cloudy and no sun. That will mean the heat won't be a factor if that is the deal. I just think that it will be a very good game! We shall see tomorrow!

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Sick to my stomach on this one. Being on the west coast I got up early to watch this crap?

We are so much better than this, and I hope the Rams organization does something.

The Bucs Defense were outstanding.

No blame anywhere, other than we sucked.

Congrats to Tampa Bay, they earned this win.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123