Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Arch moving back to SS !!

Im just saying our Offense will be awesome and our d will be the worst

RamsFan16

Rambos is offline Registered User

I was under the impression that there was not a SS with this new D scheme just two FS Hmmm

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Im just saying our Offense will be awesome and our d will be the worst
    So RF16, are you saying we'll be MUCH worse than last years version of the Ram defense, because that unit somehow managed to end up 17th out of 32 teams in total defense.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

in my opinion.
    RamsFan16

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    in my opinion.
    Fair enough.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Well, I don't buy that Arch was "temporarily" being put at free safety. This was more like "that was embarrassing, change everything!"...said Martz. So here's the two statements:

Fix the run. - Bring Arch back to SS.
    Fix the D Line- "these fronts won't be the one's were going to use in real games"

and throw in a "..and Mike Furry looks like he's doing real good at Free Safety so we've got all kinds of guys to fill in there."

Sounds like reaching for straws to me.

I don't know how good or bad the Defense will be but it's clear to me that last week was a wake up call, and MM is scrambling to try to figure out a way to fix what he thought he had fixed by bringing in some new players on defense this offseason.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Ok, what's Martz suppose to do? Salary cap issues handcuff the Rams. They draft D lineman consistently that have productive college careers but just don't seem to take it to the next level. Even LB's, shoot Robert Thomas in HS was voted the best defensive player IN THE NATION. LEADS THE NATION IN TACKLES AT UCLA. Then what? Comes to the Rams and just dosen't produce. That isn't coaching, that's just other players getting better.

Instead of blaming Martz, why can't we blame the players for simply NOT PRODUCING?

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Well, I'm not actually blaming Martz for anything, but I don't like his Public Relations comments to give the perception that everything is under control. It's scares me. He's backpeddling and panicking because it isn't working out on defense like he had hoped and the realization that he likely has defensive issues just like last year. But he's trying to act like it's not that big of a problem, ala "shoot, we'll fix that".

And that some people had suggested (or perhaps Martz even said so) that Archuleta playing free safety was a temporary move to ease him back into playing and save his back.

But Martz wanted to do this back when he was going to move Pisa over to SS. The fact that Arch has no business playing free safety only became apparent to Martz last Sunday when it exploded on him. He really doesn't know enough about defense to be making personnel decisions like "let's convert QB's and WR's (and even CB's for that matter) to Safety. Or SS's to FS.

And to state that the defensive front set isn't fitting what they want to do is basically saying "we need to try something else since our original plan is terrible."

He could just say, "we have a ways to go on defense and need to make some adjustments to get where we need to be" but instead he chooses to go out of his way to analyze how some guy blocked with his left shoulder instead of his right, which is why the Chargers "appeared" like a better team, but are really just a "should have blocked with the left shoulder" away from the Rams winning that game and being good on defense????

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Sounds like Arch's personality did match the personnel for FS....

Word - LOL from the Coach....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123