throwback week

View Poll Results: Which area of weakness do you think will be most improved this season?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pass protection

3 11.11%
  • Run blocking (specifically in the red zone)

3 11.11%
  • Defensive performance

6 22.22%
  • Special teams coverages

14 51.85%
  • Other

1 3.70%
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Which area of weakness do you think will be most improved this season?

The Rams have made it a priority to address areas of weakness. They drafted a right tackle in the first round of the draft and plan on starting him to fix their pass protection. They signed Roland Williams and drafted a bruiser of a lead blocker in Hedge**** in an effort to improve red zone efficiency, specifically the ability to run the ball. They drafted and signed a number of players known for being special team standouts. They signed two veteran linebackers who offer an immediate improvement over the 2004 group.

So which of these weaknesses do you think is going to be the most improved when everything is said and done?

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Which area of weakness do you think will be most improved this season?

That is a tough vote. I voted for defense just based on the fact that Claiborne is back at mlb where he is most comfortable and Coakley will bring it every game. Our linbacking core outside of Pisa really had no emotion last year. Coakley is a fiery guy and I can't wait to see the improvement there. Our special teams better be improved they single handedly lost two game for us last year,@Buffalo and @ Atlanta. I think Barron is going to be solid all that crap about being passive and soft Blah,Blah,Blah. Wasnt Pace too soft spoken to be a dominant offensive tackle too, those reports are such a joke. He wasnt my highest rated rt in the draft but he will be fine.
    Just Fix It

psycho9985 Guest

Dont know right now Nick you got me thinking about nachos.:tongue:

Daspeerman is offline Registered User

Im going with a huge improvement in Special teams ..... I think we go from bottom of the pack .... to upper quarter .... :ramlogo:
    DASPEERMAN!!!!!!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave intending on arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in hand, body thoroughly used up, worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

viper is offline Registered User

I think the operative words here are "most improved." On that basis I had to go with special teams. Any improvement there will be significant relative to last year.

I look at the list of options and am very glad to know that we have addressed most of our needs across the board in all of those areas. I am looking forward to a much improved and well rounded team this year.

Go Rams!!! :ramlogo:

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The LB's will be the most improved area of the team, which actually isn't all that much of a stretch. It's kind of like when Coca-Cola dropped New Coke in the 80's and instantly improved their product line. Or when Ford dropped the Pinto line. Same difference.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

It has to be special teams. Just the fact that Martz and the FO acknowledge their existence is an improvement. Statistically, they have no option but to improve.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

GreensMachine Guest

According to PFW it will be your special teams.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...kush051605.htm
    Last edited by GreensMachine; -05-17-2005 at 02:01 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

This is a tough one because I think we're going to improve in all the areas we were lacking, but in the context of "most improved" I think it will be special teams. It was a major area of activity this off-season and I think the moves are going to pay off dramatically in attitude and performance.

jkramsfan Guest

When You Are 8-8 You Need Improvement In All Areas,everyone Has Good Points,but I Think The Special Teams Are Going To Be Our Biggest Gain.now,it Wont Be Hard To Get Better Since We Were So Poor Last Year,but Just Some Reckless,nasty Attitude On Kickoff And Punt Coverages And Some Hard Hits, Forcing There Offense To Go 70-80 To Score Will Be Hugh.also Jackson Running The Ball Keeping The O On The Field And The Defense Off And Fresh Will Be Key Also.

jkramsfan Guest

I Hit The Submit Button To Quick,if We Play Good Basic Fundamental Football, This Team Has A Great Shot At Going All The Way,regardless Of Those 22-1 Odds. We Need To Score Touchdowns In The Red Zone,limit Turnovers,get Turnovers,cover Kicks And Punts,and Tackle Somebody. Sounds Pretty Simple But That Is Football And The Good Teams Do Those Things Well.

argpdt Guest

I think special teams will be the most improved area of the team as a unit, but the defense forcing less than 10 turnovers last year was unacceptable. The Rams should focus on at least breaking even on turnover ratio. Too many dropped interceptions last season killed the Rams. Stripping the ball from an opponent's running back once in awhile would be great too.