Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

ARRRRGGGHHH!! Watch what you say!

Time and time and time again I keep seeing how out TEAM is not competitive. I watched all the way to the end yesterday, probably when many a soul, many a diehard was turning it off, just to continue to watch our DEFENSE play. They are busting their tails every single play, and personally, I find them very appeasing to my eyes ....

You've got to separate the performance of the two. I've seen several comments about the commentator's saying "The team is not competitive". That is NOT what they said. They clearly distinguished between the OFFENSE and DEFENSE, indicating how terrible the OFFENSE was, but how great the DEFENSE was playing, and how they were here to win games ....

This team has major problems on OFFENSE. We need a solid pass rusher and a safety on defense. They would have us in position to have a shot to win every game we played if we even had a below average offense. However, we are fielding quite possibility the most inept offense in NFL history ....

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Re: ARRRRGGGHHH!! Watch what you say!

The offense is disgusting to watch, its pathetic it really is. Every game seems to be the same it is very sad to see. Linehan has been dealt horrible cards with the injuries but IMO he has no clue how to turn this team around. The team keeps making the same mistakes week after week and he doesn't seem to be addressing any of the many weaknesses on this team..

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

even though the Patriots are rolling right now, the 2000 Rams still scored more points in the first 7 games of that season than the Pats have scored so far this season, whats that mean ? I don't know except we did have an offense at one time a few years back, if anyone sees them please send them back home,thank you.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I only listened to the game yesterday and did not watch it, but it seemed to me that our secondary was way too pourous. The radio announcers kept saying that the Seattle recievers were 'wide open'. I think our defence only looks decent because our offence sucks giant ass.

Hasselbeck was 18 of 35 for 195 2 TD, 1 INT for a rating of 75.3, his second worst outing of the year ...

Our "porous" secondary only gave up one pass of 20 yards or more, a 21 yard gain ...

9 passes defensed on the day, 3 by Fakhir Brown, who knows leads the ENTIRE NFL in passes defensed - he's only played 3 games ...

They rushed for 100 yards on 32 carries, and got 21 of those yards on the next to last play of the day ...

Listening to the game does nothing for your ability to comment on how hard or effectively the defense played. Watch the game, then comment ...

And about the silliest comment I've read in a long, long while ...

"I think our defence only looks decent because our offence sucks giant ass"

The fact that our defense can look "decent" playing with that "giant ass sucking" offense is a testament to how well they've played. If our offense was even decent, we'd likely be looking at a defense that would place in the top ten in many, many defensive categories ....

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BM_Face View Post
    I think our defence only looks decent because our offence sucks giant ass.
    The defense played inspired football the entire game. They dealt with 5 turnovers by the offense and a Seahawk team that started drives on their own 39, their own 40, the Rams 43, the Rams 21, the Rams 44 and the Rams 14. They also held the Seahawks to 99 yards on 7 posessions in the second half. I would say they looked more than decent under the circumstances.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Time and time and time again I keep seeing how out TEAM is not competitive. I watched all the way to the end yesterday, probably when many a soul, many a diehard was turning it off, just to continue to watch our DEFENSE play. They are busting their tails every single play, and personally, I find them very appeasing to my eyes ....

You've got to separate the performance of the two. I've seen several comments about the commentator's saying "The team is not competitive". That is NOT what they said. They clearly distinguished between the OFFENSE and DEFENSE, indicating how terrible the OFFENSE was, but how great the DEFENSE was playing, and how they were here to win games ....

This team has major problems on OFFENSE. We need a solid pass rusher and a safety on defense. They would have us in position to have a shot to win every game we played if we even had a below average offense. However, we are fielding quite possibility the most inept offense in NFL history ....

While this defense has improved & is headed in the right direction & they are hustling & bust their tails, they are allowing an avg. of 27 points a game with 330 yd avg. per game. Not something I'm to excited about. So so I can see why some think this team is not competitive. On D or O

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    While this defense has improved & is headed in the right direction & they are hustling & bust their tails, they are allowing an avg. of 27 points a game with 330 yd avg. per game. Not something I'm to excited about. So so I can see why some think this team is not competitive. On D or O
    you have to take in to account that the offensive turnovers mean that the D is often taking to the field with the opposition already in field goal range

If you are watching the games, and cannot get excited about the way the defense is playing, you know nothing about football ...

Those who aren't excited about the defense are the same people who won't watch another game the rest of the year because we are 0-7, the same people who probably turned the game off midway through the 3rd quarter, when I kept watching to see our defense crack some heads, the same people who leave the game at the beginning of the 4th quarter because their team is down 14 pts ...

The D is on the field ALL THE TIME ...

Opposing teams are consistently taking the field against us deep in our territory, and constantly having to settle for field goals ....

Here's some info for you ...

Our defense leads the NFL in forcing 3 and outs ....

We haven't given up a 100 yard rusher all season ...

Opposing teams are barely averaging 4.0 YPC against us ...

We have 22 passes defensed in the last three games ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -10-22-2007 at 01:28 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

they are allowing an avg. of 27 points a game
    Doing so on extremely short fields. Yesterday, the defense gave up two scoring drives of 123 yards and 10 points. That's on the defense. The KO return gave up a TD. That's NOT on the defense. The Hawks had 4 scoring drives (16 points) averaging 16 yards per drive, including one drive that actually went for negative yards! That's NOT on the defense!

There you have it.....of the 33 points on the board, 10 can be attributed to the defense.
    330 yd avg. per game
    But what does the trend look like? Here's the difference between what our opponent did against us vs. their average (ie. a negative number means the Rams held them below their average):

Carolina - +70
    San Fran - -27
    Tampa - +7
    Dallas - +100
    Arizona - +46
    Baltimore - -78
    Seattle - -36

So after 4 of 5 weeks of giving up above average yardage, our D has held opponents below their average for two straight weeks. That's a positive sign.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Carolina was a MUCH different team when they played us ....

Walrus is offline Registered User

I agree that your defense played admirably yesterday, but I have to say that our offense has been just short of horrendous for three weeks now. Hass is scatterbrained, Alexander is exposed for the overrated ballerina he is, our O-line is incapable of opening holes and our top two receivers are injured.

But I'll give credit where credit is due. With the field position your offense kept handing us your defense played with a mountain of heart.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    I agree that your defense played admirably yesterday, but I have to say that our offense has been just short of horrendous for three weeks now. Hass is scatterbrained, Alexander is exposed for the overrated ballerina he is, our O-line is incapable of opening holes and our top two receivers are injured.

But I'll give credit where credit is due. With the field position your offense kept handing us your defense played with a mountain of heart.
    I'm not trying to attack your credibility specifically but weren't their many seahawk fans on this board arguing alexander was a better RB than faulk?

Revelstoke is offline Registered User

Those who aren't excited about the defense are the same people who won't watch another game the rest of the year because we are 0-7, the same people who probably turned the game off midway through the 3rd quarter, when I kept watching to see our defense crack some heads, the same people who leave the game at the beginning of the 4th quarter because their team is down 14 pts ...
    Infiniti, while I agree with many of the points you make, and I think you are a great poster, you should step down from the high horse. I'm sure you are a devoted fan, as I'm sure many others are as well.

I don't think you have the right to call out fans who walk away or turn off the TV, especailly with the disaster we have been watching this year.

I think we are all frustrated, but just becuase you watch the whole game does not makes you no better a fan than the rest of us.
    "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

I'll call out whomever I choose, but thanks for your opinion ...

The next thing I'll be told is that the 20000 or so fans who sold off their tickets for the Browns game this weekend are just as big of fans as I am ...

This season is as frustrating for me as anyone else, but I love watching football ...

The comment was directed at the many, many fans who look at the stats and see we are giving up 27 PPG and assume the defense is crap ...

The comment was directed at the many, many fans who keep commenting on how the team has quit, without watching the hard-nosed effort and nasty edge that the defense had until the very last play ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -10-22-2007 at 03:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast