AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

AR's Media Glower Rankings - 11/7/05 Update

Time for an update...

1. Dennis Dodd: A newcomer to the list, Dodd is the CBSSportsLine columnist who proclaimed that the University of Miami could no longer "hang with" ACC rival VaTech. After he buried the Hurricane program, the Canes proceeded to bury the Hokies. Dodd's response? He takes credit by saying his column inspired Miami. Stupidity and ego – a dangerous combination.

2. Michael Irvin: One of the worst aspects of the T.O. nonsense is that he has an enabler with a national audience. Why should anyone be surprised that Irvin, a showboating and selfish player in his own time, would be an Owens apologist? I wish they both would shut up.

3. Bernie Miklasz: The ever-present Bernie remains near the top with his two-faced coverage of the Mike Martz situation. The funniest part of it is that he acts like he saw this coming. I guess Bernie now can detect infections with his microscopic vision. Journalistic integrity remains his Kryptonite.

4. Chris Berman: His insistence on yelling "whoop!" with every cut or move made by a ball carrier on the highlight films has, by itself, rendered the once can't-miss NFL Prime Time entirely unwatchable. You'll hear more new material watching Jackie Mason play a Catskills resort than you will from Berman.

5. Chris Mortenson: I've always liked Mort, relatively speaking, but he seems to be leaning toward the rumor-mongering side lately. His story on Martz supposedly being told that the Rams were not interested in investing in a championship team was questionable at best, and only gave Bernie fodder for yet another inane column.

6. John Madden: Another example of a once-great color commentator sticking around too long. Maybe he could have a joint retirement party with Brett Favre?

7. Pete Prisco: There are so many people out there who would love the job of a columnist for a national sports website. You'd think they could find someone better than this hack.

8. Brian Burwell: His recent attempt at humor in a column about Martz (who, by the way, is ill, if you didn't realize) was pathetic. We all need to know our limitations (I, for example, can't dance, so I don't try to).

9. The Reporters Who Advocate Obtaining T.O.: You know it will happen. The Eagles will get rid of the ultimate cancer, and some reporter will write an article explaining why HIS team should take a chance on him.

10. Jillian Barberie: I know not all agree with my criticism of her as "sports reporter," but when you have to let Pamela Anderson feel you up to get attention, maybe you don't really belong (click image below).
    Attached Images Attached Images

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: AR's Media Glower Rankings - 11/7/05 Update

I might use that as my new avatar, thanks av

LOL. Well, there certainly are some "Texas-sized" things in the pic!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    4. Chris Berman: His insistence on yelling "whoop!" with every cut or move made by a ball carrier on the highlight films has, by itself, rendered the once can't-miss NFL Prime Time entirely unwatchable. You'll hear more new material watching Jackie Mason play a Catskills resort than you will from Berman.
    Berman's highlight coverage is horrible. He's gotten to a point where he doesn't even recap fluidly and gets names wrong on a regular basis, but make sure you get those nicknames right, Chris! :tut

I tune to SportsCenter to try and free myself of it, but Stuart Scott is just as bad. If I have to hear "Holla at a playa when you see him in the street" or "Cool as the other side of the pillow" one more time, I might hurt someone.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Best highlights can be seen on NFL films clips on NFL.com. Old school -- not ESPN crap.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I tune to SportsCenter to try and free myself of it, but Stuart Scott is just as bad. If I have to hear "Holla at a playa when you see him in the street" or "Cool as the other side of the pillow" one more time, I might hurt someone.
    Or this "Is this how you come to work?" Or something like that on Monday Night Countdown.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

10. Jillian Barberie: I know not all agree with my criticism of her as "sports reporter," but when you have to let Pamela Anderson feel you up to get attention, maybe you don't really belong (click image below).
    All true, but she sure is fun to look at.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

toddlyght is offline Registered User

im with you. stuart scott is freakin week. who threw this dude a bone. he is horrible. from all lines he bites off his favorite rappers to his crossed eyes hidden behind his coke bottle glasses, he must of knew someone at espn to get the job. cant stand him. now im in a bad mood, damn.........