AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

AR's Media Glower Rankings - 9/15/05 Update

AvengerRam's
    Media Glower Rankings

Here's the update:

1. Bernie Miklasz: No big surprise here. Bernie's big accomplishment for the past week - making Samir Suleiman a household name. Wonderful.

2. Pete Prisco: The CBSSportsline columnist gets the double-header this week. First, he ranks the Rams #31 in his power rankings (which would be bad enough on its own, but he then suggests that the defense is the problem - did he even watch last week's game). Then he follows up with a piece questioning why there is only one African American starting center in the league. Um... in case you didn't notice, the highest paid O linemen in the league are LTs, and there are plenty of African Americans holding that position. What's next... an article on why there aren't more Samoan long-snappers?

3. Sean Salisbury: How, I ask... HOW does this guy have a major network job? I can't recall the last time I heard a fan say anything good about him. Most think he's a complete dunderhead. Isn't there some other retired backup QB they could hire?

4. Chris Berman: I had forgotten how annoying his cliche-filled highlight calls were. Man, at this point, Joan Rivers' material is fresher than Berman's.

5. Kevin Slaten: Not being a St. Louisian, I don't get too much exposure to this guy. Otherwise, he'd be higher on the list. But the whole "I've been banned" nonsense merits a place on this list.

6. Paul Zimmerman: While I appreciate the fact that he took on T.O. with his recent CNNSI article, I can't help but think that the world would be better served if T.O. were simply ignored.

7. Jim Rome: Not to get overly personal here, but I wonder if Rome talks at home the way he does on the radio. If so, how can his wife stand him? I've never heard someone who can stretch one meager "take" into ten minutes of rambling like Rome can.

8. CNNSI Editorial Staff: In posting the AP story on the Suleiman thing on their site, they used the headline "Rams Exec Threatens Reporter." Why bother reading the actual story when you can print a juicy, though erroneous, headline like that?

9. Michael Irvin: I simply can't stand to watch the guy. Can't they hire a coach who can analyze the game instead of blowhard ex-players?

10. Dan LeBatard: You may not have heard of him. He's a local guy in So.Fla. who sometimes appears on ESPN Radio. On a Miami based sports station, he has lined up a weekly radio show with, you guessed it, T.O. That is wrong on so many levels.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -09-17-2005 at 12:46 AM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: AR's Media Glower Rankings - 9/15/05 Update

I got one for you. Skip Bayless. This guy is a complete work of art. He's still saying that Vince Young, QB for Texas, is overrated after guiding the Longhorns to a win AT OHIO STATE.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

. Kevin Slaten: Not being a St. Louisian, I don't get too much exposure to this guy. Otherwise, he'd be higher on the list. But the whole "I've been banned" nonsense merits a place on this list.
    I totally agree on this one. He has a personal beef with Jack Snow and John Hadley. I listen to KFNS on line from time to time and I love they way he slamms other media types who talk bad of their peers yet he does the same thing.

Kevin, get over yourself, the Rams hired Hadley and not you for a reason. And yes Jack Snow is a homer and a former RAM great so lay off.

:clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

3. Sean Salisbury: How, I ask... HOW does this guy have a major network job? I can't recall the last time I heard a fan say anything good about him. Most think he's a complete dunderhead. Isn't there some other retired backup QB they could hire?
    While I hate the fact that one of them came at our expense, I'm cracked up by the fact that Salisbury has blown two straight "Blowout of the Week" preditions. In week 1, he said we'd blowout SF, we all know what a crap fest that turned into. This past weekend, he said the Ravens would roll into Nashville and light up the Titans. Reality: The Titans took the Ravens to the proverbial woodshed.

Salisbury is 0-2. Hopefully, he attempts redemption this week by picking the Titans over us in the BotW. LOL
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod