Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atogwe

big-foot33 is offline Registered User

Atogwe

I was just wondering why Atogwe didnt get much playing time this season. After watch him in the cowboy game, I had to ask myself where was he all season. He account for 2 turnovers and a half a sack and he only played in nickel packages. Coming out of collage he was considered a ball hawk and he showed why. I think ram coaching dropped the ball with him this season hope they dont make the same mistake next season.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Atogwe

Great to have you join us Mr. BigFoot. Many of us have been asking the same question all year about Atogwe. He is a promising guy who will hopefully have a shot at a much bigger role next year.

Apparantly, he did poorly on special teams very early on. Furthermore, the fact that he did well at the end doesnt mean that he was ready sooner. I happen to agree with you, given how bad we were at safety all year.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Adamjk is offline Registered User

He also sacked Carr to bring up a fourth down in overtime when we played the Texans. We then went and scored on the next possession

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

He didn't play much because he had gotten into a fight with our D Coachs, he didn't like how they were coaching or something! But I do know that he had fought with our Defensive Coachs
    RamsFan16

bruce_wannabe Guest

he should of been starting over furrey in the first place... otogwe can and i hope will be a good solid player for the rams for years to come.

chiguy is offline Registered User

There were rumors early on that Atogwe didn't 'get it,' meaning that he couldn't figure out the complexities of NFL defense. He might be good, he might not be ... but we don't really know enough right now to say. He only got serious PT in two games -- against San Fran 1, where he stunk, and against Dallas, where he was OK (our zone defense still was awful and that's partly because of the safeties).

If I'm a new head coach, I'd still be looking for safeties in FA and the draft. Its abundantly clear that what was on the roster didn't get it done last season. And believe me, if Atogwe was really that good, he would've been in there as bad as our safeties were this year.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i like this guy, i think we did well with this draft, with some more playing time i think these guys have a shot at being good, maybe not great, but very good players.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Lets see more of him next year and take a judgement then. He's flashed potential this season but he needs a good camp and preseason under the new man.

I think he's got a great shot with some of the other positions up for grabs, but one great game in relief won't get it done in terms of a starting job next year.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Everyone saying they like Otogwae reminds me of the old college football adage that the most popular guy is the backup quarterback...you haven't seen enough to hate him yet.

brawleyramfan is offline Registered User

As far as Otogwae not fitting our D coaches liking, like there opinion's or coaching abilities were of any use this year. This group of coaches could not rate any type of talent, because they themselves have none.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

One thing that appears to separate great coaches from the rest of the pack, is the ability to design a system that emphasizes players' strengths while at the same time disguising their weaknesses. That "ability" was clearly lacking on defense throughout our 2005 season. One can only wonder what might have been with better coaching on D. Hopefully we'll get a coach who can bring
    out the best in not only Otogwe but the rest of the D as well...

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I have hope that Atogwe can secure the starting FS job this summer. As for the starting SS job, that's a bit more up in the air.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

hey hes canadian so he cant turn out that bad and i believe that he could be a solid FS for us in the future

ramhard is offline Registered User

not at FS

While Atogwe has shown some promise I still would like a better playmaker at FS. While I think LB is a bigger need, I would still pick Huff from Texas if available to play FS and then let Atogwe and Carter fight it out at SS with Furrey being the FS backup and ST player. Then go LB in 2nd round and TE in third.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: not at FS

Quote Originally Posted by ramhard
    While Atogwe has shown some promise I still would like a better playmaker at FS.
    How can you tell if he's a playmaker or not when we hardly saw him this season?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast