RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Atogwe cost us this game!

How many interceptions and fumble recoveries did he get for us yesterday? I had to watch a fairly low-quality stream of the game, but I don't remember seeing any.
    I tell you, this guy has GOT to go! He is probably using excuses like "They played well" or "Warner didn't throw my way". No more excuses, OJ. Time to step up and admit that you let down this team. Again.

Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Yet I heard this kind of talk all day long at work. It was Pace's fault, Jackson needs to be cut, we should have kept Hedgecock, etc.

You know what? The Rams are a franchise that has been beaten down from what we once were, to a shell of what should have been. I know Marc can turn on a two-minute offense that compares with the best in the NFL. I know he can go several games without an interception. I know Jackson can plow through the best defenses out there, and he, along with Holt, Avery, Burton, and Stanley can bring in those passes. I know our D can stop any RB when they try. I know our undersized, depleted secondary can defend the passing game like there is no tomorrow. I know our special teams can be the best in the league.

Why aren't they doing this? After several seasons being the stars of "My Dysfunctional Franchise" on the NFLN, it's hard to get the guys to mesh as one. Haslett was supposed to fix this, and he did great for two games, then the Rams went back to Linehan's style. Well, don't blame Haslett. I've said it before, and it's one of my favorite sayings: You can't polish a turd. Sorry, guys, I don't like putting it like that, but after a 3-13 year, then going 0-4 in the first month of this year, I think the term 'turd' applies.

So, what's next? Well, we can drink the Kool-Aid, think we are going to go 8-0 the rest of the season, and knock the Cards out of the #1 spot. Or, we can just hang our heads, declare the season over, say our players are worthless, call for the coaches heads, and generally act like children. Then there is the third way: Sit back, take a deep breath, and realize that yesterday we were beaten by a better team. Also realize that Haslett inherited a team made up of both good and bad players with a losing attitude, management in transition, and a league that considers us the laughingstock of the NFL, even though KC and Detroit deserve that label more. Haz isn't a miracle worker. He's turned this team around enough to help us to two wins - two more wins than we had a month ago. He knows he can't polish that turd, but he sure knows how to make it look better.

Don't expect a miracle. Just enjoy what we have left of this season, and wait until next year. I've got a feeling that somehow, there will be a pair of glass slippers with spiral horns on them come playoff time. For that, I can wait one more year.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: Atogwe cost us this game!

I can't believe that people were actually stupid enough to call and place blame on guys like Atogwe and Jackson. Anyone that knows anything about football knows that losing our spiritual leader and team anchor, Rich Owens, was what caused our ultimate collapse.

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I can't believe that people were actually stupid enough to call and place blame on guys like Atogwe and Jackson. Anyone that knows anything about football knows that losing our spiritual leader and team anchor, Rich Owens, was what caused our ultimate collapse.
    Thats funny because I thought it was Darryl Hennly. LOL..

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Thats funny because I thought it was Darryl Hennly. LOL..
    it was until Lawrence Philipps took his spot.