Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

attendance at the dome

the dome looked half empty to me. I find that pathetic.

Bottom line is that all the lower level and club seats are sold, so where are the people? Are telling me that people cant even give the tix away for free if they dont want to go? The fact that people dont pay full price for the unsold upper deck tix doesnt really phase me. The tix are badly overpriced for preseason.

However, the fact that fans who own season tix wont attend or wont or cant find someone to take the tix from them to see the rams is really troublesome for me. Thats NOT fan support. At the end of the day, st louis is and remains a baseball town. The fans support the rams if they are winning and thats about it. Can you imagine a crowd like that at arrowhead, lambeau, philly, redskins etc.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: attendance at the dome

We had this discussion last year if I remember correctly GC

The only thing that I find troublesome in the preseason is injuries and poor play. The regular season is when I will start jumping on fans for not showing up.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Baseball town is BS! New York is a baseball town, Detroit is a baseball town, Cleveland is a Baseball town, LA is a baseball town, Whatever. This is Football season,if the team doesn't get support, why is that team there? forget the fans and put a good product on the field. Do that an the fans will come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Baseball town is BS! New York is a baseball town, Detroit is a baseball town, Cleveland is a Baseball town, LA is a baseball town, Whatever. This is Football season,if the team doesn't get support, why is that team there? forget the fans and put a good product on the field. Do that an the fans will come.
    All those towns you mentioned have a much larger population than St. Louis. Plus they have football teams that have been there for many decades. The Rams have been in St. Louis just 12 years. People haven't had time to build a connection to the team yet. Plus don't forget the Rams sold out every game from the time they got to St. Louis until last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    All those towns you mentioned have a much larger population than St. Louis. Plus they have football teams that have been there for many decades. The Rams have been in St. Louis just 12 years. People haven't had time to build a connection to the team yet. Plus don't forget the Rams sold out every game from the time they got to St. Louis until last year.
    Just 12 years..., build a connection....! How long do we have to wait for Saint Louis to build a connection with RAMS. The Rams have been to two Super Bowls in those 12 years. Saint Louis has lost its spirit for this team and who can blame them. last years 8-8 record is unacceptable. After tonights game, maybe Saint Louisians know something the rest of the world doesn't know, That the Rams are the same 'ol team that needs to get their $#!+ together or why bother!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I wouldn't worry about half the fans dressing as empty seats, Not for a preseason game. I'm watching the Faiders and Whiners play right now and that's their big rivalry game, (if you can call a preseason annual game a rivalry) and it's also half empty.

But I also think the comments that St. Louis is a baseball town is ridiculous. Sure, it's not as big as LA, NY, and others, but for cryin' out loud, there's surely enough sports fans to support more than one team. The folks in St. Louis are no different than any other city. When the team sucks for a while, they lose interest. ...and don't kid yourselves, they sold out for the first years in Missouri because they were new, and fans were starving for football after losing the Cards. That newness has worn off, apparently. I hope for the real fans of STL, they support the team when they play for real. Or should we all hope the baseball Cardinals miss the playoffs so the sports fans of STL can focus on the Rams?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

blood85 is offline Registered User

RFH has a good point. It's like that in most cities, you win, your the talk of the town, you lose, and everyone seems to forget you. I don't think STL is a Baseball town, I mean come on now, we all know that football is the most popular sport in this country. Just win and you will create a larger fanbase. What happens if the Cardinals start losing, does the town revert back to a football town? Please, it's about winning your only as popular as your record. The Rams have many "fans", but even more when they win. All in due time.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

What I meant by building up a connection is that with teams that have been in one city for a long fans have a sentimental connection with the team. Their great grandfathers took their granddads to game, the granddads took their dads, their dad took them. Just give St. Louis time for fans to build that kind of connection. Plus as has already been mentioned, when a team is losing a lot of fans quit going to games, regardless of the city.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Guess what, I have season tickets and work came up at the last minute tonight. I tried to find a few replacements but they were already busy and by then it would have been too late to find someone else to go. Believe me, I don't like flushing money down the toilet (tickets + parking pass) and would have been there if I could have. So am I not a "true" Ram's fan? I already pay them thousands of dollars for my tickets and I think that's supporting them.

Are you buying season tickets? No? I guess im supporting them more then you are then.
    Last edited by helorm341; -08-19-2007 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by helorm341 View Post
    Guess what, I have season tickets and work came up at the last minute tonight. I tried to find a few replacements but they were already busy and by then it would have been too late to find someone else to go. Believe me, I don't like flushing money down the toilet (tickets + parking pass) and would have been there if I could have. So am I not a "true" Ram's fan? I already pay them thousands of dollars for my tickets and I think that's supporting them.

Are you buying season tickets? No? I guess im supporting them more then you are then.
    Work over the Rams....How could you?.....:notworking:would have been the smart decision, regardless! Is that job of yours really that Important?
    Last edited by dgr828; -08-19-2007 at 05:00 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

whats the incentive to go to a preseason game,to watch Steven Jackson stand there with his hat on backwards,to watch a bunch of guys who won't make the team play,as one poster said the city must form a relationship with the team,well while they do that thay also form a relationship with the players and when they know that they are not going to play they don't go.people are not going to pay major league prices to see minor league play,which is what the Rams provided last night,that may have been the plan not to show anything but still not exciting,all of us had we been in St. Louis would have went,we are serious fans but everyone isn't,I am a season ticket holder and since I live in N.Y I sell off games I cannot make and I couldn't get anyone to buy last night's tickets until last week,I sold both tickets for $20,they cost me $82.until they lower preseason prices as GC said the dome will stay half empty or half full, either way it's pre season football and not at it's best.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    the dome looked half empty to me. I find that pathetic.

Bottom line is that all the lower level and club seats are sold, so where are the people? Are telling me that people cant even give the tix away for free if they dont want to go? The fact that people dont pay full price for the unsold upper deck tix doesnt really phase me. The tix are badly overpriced for preseason.

However, the fact that fans who own season tix wont attend or wont or cant find someone to take the tix from them to see the rams is really troublesome for me. Thats NOT fan support. At the end of the day, st louis is and remains a baseball town. The fans support the rams if they are winning and thats about it. Can you imagine a crowd like that at arrowhead, lambeau, philly, redskins etc.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    To the sports fans of St. Louis:

I was all set to defend you on the lack of support issue. (Poor Attendance) at last nights "Rams Preseason Game". Thinking to myself I can't really blame you. After all the St Louis Cardinals are the defending World Series Champions in Major League Baseball. Also the Cardinals have recently fought their way back into the playoff picture. So I figured alot of the fans of both the Rams and Cardinals decided to go see a regular season baseball game with playoff implications attached vs a preseason football game.
    Very understandable and acceptable in my mind.

BUT

The Cardinals were on the road and to make it worse played in the afternoon!

Bottom line:

NO EXCUSES!!!

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

And, the Cardinals are in Chicago this weekend. I can't wait to hear the latest excuse from some of the fans there...

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post

I was all set to defend you on the lack of support issue. (Poor Attendance) at last nights "Rams Preseason Game". Thinking to myself I can't really blame you. After all the St Louis Cardinals are the defending World Series Champions in Major League Baseball. Also the Cardinals have recently fought their way back into the playoff picture. So I figured alot of the fans of both the Rams and Cardinals decided to go see a regular season baseball game with playoff implications attached vs a preseason football game.

BUT

Bottom line:

NO EXCUSES!!!
    What does that have to do with anything! Listen guys, its preseason. PRESEASON. I would like to know how many other teams sold out there stadiums with comparble ticket prices. One of my best friends is a cheifs fan and when I asked about going to the Govenor's cup game, he said he'd rather save his money. What does that tell you?
    :l

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: attendance at the dome

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post

BUT

Bottom line:

NO EXCUSES!!!
    You actualy gave the St. Louis fans a great execuse. The Cards/Cubs game was not over until 6 or 7PM last night due to a rain delay. Also even though it was a road game its only about a 2 1/2 hour drive to Chicago which many fans make when they are at Chicago. Like you said yesterday was a huge game for the Cardinals.

Regardless of the excellent point you brought up about why the attendance was down. I have heard from several radio talk show hosts that it is crazy to pay the same price for preseason tickets as for regular season tickets. I like how the people that don't buy season tickets or only go once a year complain about the people that are buying the tickets.

As for fans not showing up in the good seats after they were bought. Well besides the above a lot of the good seats have been bought by companies and if they can't go they are not actively trying to get rid of them I see this first hand. They are not concerned if the seats go unused.

Most of all this is a fan site people should stop *****ing about fans and start talking football especially when the people *****ing are not the ones buying the preseason tickets. In many cases they are not buying any tickets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast