Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Austin Pettis Likely to make Rams debut Sunday

I can't find any indication that Pettis willl be up... Roto world is not enough...

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I can't find any indication that Pettis willl be up... Roto world is not enough...
    The original source was from the Baltimore Sun, it should be obvious that we'll be activating Pettis this game, otherwise, that would be wasted reps. What I don't understand is why we didn't test him through trial by fire during the MNF game.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Drops are inexcusable, end of story. Thats natural skill. If Salas and Pettis are playing against 8 year old, they should be able to catch. If their playing in the NFL, they still need to be able to catch. Thats something they were brought in for. I hope they both fix that issue quick.

I would like to see Pettis tomorrow. Give him the same opportunity that Salas had.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    In the heat of battle it's hard to forgive dropped passes at critical moments in a game. Salas and Pettis are rookies and are going through their growing pains. I don't think anyone including the coaching staff and Billy D. know how these two will turn out for sure - let alone us the fans. My own personal belief (and hope) is that the light will go on for them at some point when they've had enough reps for the game to slow down for them and they can then let their natural skills take over. There have been plenty of NFL receivers not possessed of dazzling forty times who've had great careers and scored lots of touchdowns. No reason to believe Salas and Pettis can't join that group.

Salas set the single season record for catches and receiving yards at University of Hawaii with 119 catches, 1889 yards and 14 touchdowns. Pettis is Boise State's all time leader in receiving touchdowns with 39. It appears it's going to take a while for these two respectively to adjust to the NFL level - learn J-Mac's playbook etc; but there is no reason at this stage to think they never will. Let us not forget there was no off-season, no OTA's, no minicamps, and no contact with the coaching staff. I'll be the first to admit I have a tantrum every time any of our receivers drop a catchable pass - particularly in critical 3rd down situations, or the redzone. That said, after said game is over, I try and let go of it and get my hopes up anew for the next opponent (I'll admit this often takes 48 + hours)... Hopefully we get a win tomorrow !!!

Well stated my friend , I feel we have what it takes as long as we do not shoot our selves in the foot , without those mistakes we win those games against two teams that in the last 11 yrs have combined 9 Div titles and Superbowl's , I would say were looking for to much to soon . But when a ball in the NFL is thrown has too catch it period , Its going to be tuff to watch the growth , But mark my words were a lot better than our record when were healthy

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Someone said in another thread a week or so ago that Pettis was inactive for the season. I'm confused- there's obviously some mis-information here one way or the other.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Hey who knows maybe this is Pettis breakout game and we find a true #1 receiver!

St.Louis Ram 56 is offline Registered User

Cool Re: Austin Pettis Likely to make Rams debut Sunday

Salas,Was not impressed by his last game at all..."BENCH", He was hearing footsteps and looking at the coverage before the ball,....Your gonna get hit if you don't catch it as well as if you catch it...CATCH THE DAMN BALL AND GET THE YARDAGE.

Our coach used to have a drill for that..... 6 defenders in a circle around the offensive back, and the ball is thrown high,but he didn't know which guy was going to be coming...It cures the can't catch blues real quick.

GO RAMS... Watch the ball into your hands,and run like hell

The Ravens can self destruct..just likelast week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12