Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Re: Avery injured, Spags says injury is "severe" ...

Anyone have Isaac Bruce's number.....?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Hello, guys! V Jackson is suspended for the first three games of the season and has off the field issues. He hasn't been practicing (remember, holdout?) so he wouldn't even arrive in football shape.

I am not positive, but he may be in line for more discipline from the NFL. Is this what we need?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I think we move on just fine with Robinson, Burton, Amendola, Gilyard, and Gibson ...

Losing Avery hurts, but it won't make or break this season. I saw good things out of all those wideouts last night ....

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

If we want a trade I think our best bet will be Antonio Bryant. There have been rumors that he will be cut from the bengals that the team says is not true.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

"We will rally around Danny Amendola and we will play good football!"
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

shower beers is offline Registered User

If you can take anything positive out of this, is that this will clear up some of the mess of our current WR jumble. It will allow us to stash Avery on IR and keep an additional WR on the roster to evaluate and develop, that we would have normally cut. Perhaps it would even allow us to resign Brooks Foster, if we were so inclined.

Terrible news though. I hope this isn't held against him next year.

DonnieAmendola is offline Registered User

All I know is that was a great rams game. Ram Bradford is doing it. Danny Amendola is the best player in the league.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Is vincent jackson worth a third round pick? I wouldnt be shocked if Kroenke would ok a big check at this point. Its a new world money wise with stan in command.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I would be floored if the Chargers let Jackson get away for a third round pick. The Broncos traded Brandon Marshall away for two second round picks. I suspect that's where San Diego would like to begin negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Perhaps it would even allow us to resign Brooks Foster, if we were so inclined.
    He was claimed off waivers by the Jets.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I think we move on just fine with Robinson, Burton, Amendola, Gilyard, and Gibson ...

Losing Avery hurts, but it won't make or break this season. I saw good things out of all those wideouts last night ....
    I would have to agree, on the fact that we really dont have a choice. There is really no one out there to pick up that would improve our team. I think we have to just lock down and work with what we have. If it works, well then a few of our receivers stepped up, and we have bradford some young targets to work with. If it doesn't, then A.J Green and Julio Jones are in next years draft.

richtree is online now Registered User

Just a side note. Avery's injury did have the look of an ACL but with the lack of contact on the play it makes me feel this was a pre-exsisting injury that he tried to deal with by conditioning.

Who knows, maybe its not that bad and he can be back by week 7 ....

best of luck to Donnie and Wes Welker is a good dude for the support..

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Here's the video here for those that missed it. Hopefully the quality will get better once processing finishes.

YouTube - Donnie Avery Injured

It sure doesn't look like much. It's either a fluke injury or a re-injury of the knee problem that kept him out of practice last week.

RealRam is offline Registered User

From Rams official site:

Knee Injury Puts Avery Out for Year
    Friday, August 27, 2010

By Nick Wagoner
    Senior Writer

Rams wide receiver Donnie Avery suffered a torn right anterior cruciate ligament Thursday night against the Patriots, coach Steve Spagnuolo announced Friday afternoon.

That injury, the surgery and the subsequent rehabilitation will end Avery’s 2010 season before it began according to Spagnuolo.

“He does have an ACL tear there. What they will do is they will let it calm down. At some point, he will have surgery and it looks like we will lose him for the season which is very unfortunate.”

With 1:41 to go in the first half and, presumably, in his playing time against the Patriots, quarterback Sam Bradford unleashed a long pass down the right sideline for Avery, who was isolated in one on one coverage.

Avery leaped to make a play on the ball and came down on his right leg awkwardly. Almost immediately, it was clear that the injury was significant and Avery was taken from the field on a golf cart.

All parties were relatively certain the injury was serious and those fears were confirmed Friday.

“He was having a terrific game,” Spagnuolo said. “Donnie is a quality guy and a character guy and we’ll miss him. But he will be with us, doing some rehab before the surgery and hopefully we’ll get him back at some point. Some guys on our team have gone through it so I am sure Donnie will rely on them.”

The immediate plan for Avery is to rest and allow the knee to heal in the next couple of weeks before having the surgery on the knee. There are indeed plenty of other Rams who have gone through the same injury and those recoveries usually take at least six months depending on when the surgery occurs.

As for replacing Avery, who was projected as the starter in one receiver spot, the Rams will use the next week or two to evaluate the players they already have in place such as Danny Amendola, Mardy Gilyard, Keenan Burton and others.

“Probably between Danny and Mardy Gilyard and a couple of the guys we can flip over there – Keenan Burton, we are going to wait a bit before we declare any of that but certainly somebody is going to have to step up there and be the ‘Z,’” Spagnuolo said. “We have got a few guys to pick from so we’ll get it figured out between now and then.”

The other alternative is looking for help outside the organization, something the Rams are already doing at every position and something Spagnuolo says is common amongst teams in the league at this time of year.
    The initial five-player roster cutdown date is set for Tuesday. Spagnuolo said it’s probable the Rams won’t cut an additional player and placing Avery on injured reserve will allow them to cut one less player.

“We might not,” Spagnuolo said. “It may be just one of the five spots that have to happen in the next couple of days here. And again we are looking like everybody else. There’s usually a lot of talk and conversation around the league between preseason game three and preseason game four so (general manager) Billy (Devaney) is doing his due diligence and we’ll do the same thing here.”
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-27-2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Bold

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Thanks for the video. He had a little drag with it before he went down and then some impact with the tumbling. It probably was already injured before this fall. Bummer. Sounds like he will be out for a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123