Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Avery's TD dance was....

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    4 times in 20 games i think. Definitely 3 times, although i cant remember if danced following the end around that he got his first NFL TD on

maybe he just dances on the TD receptions
    didnt he do the robot after that one?

makersncoke is offline Registered User

I personally thought it was pretty silly and uncalled for. Hopefully someone explained that to him when he got to the sidelines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    didnt he do the robot after that one?
    quite possibly, i do remember him doing that one time

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i wouldnt have done any celebrating if i had scored considering the scoreboard at the time...but lets not brandish him another T.O.,Plaxico etc..
    he`s just a kid whose had a lot to deal with in the last couple of months and probably happy to get the monkey off his back a bit as he`s been scoreless so far this season and people been getting on his back because he`s not Torry or Ike....a poor judgement call on his part? sure..
    but he did have a decent game today, so lets look at the positives.....least we starting to get more weapons firing than just Jax.
    I'm with you. Avery had two really poor games to start the year, and was heavily criticized for it. Fans have been on his back waiting for him to step up this year, some already calling him a bust. He made some good plays last week but had an even better game this week and found the endzone and was happy about it. I can't blame him for that because he was probably pretty excited to go out there and be able to make some place, even in a rather disappointing loss. I think comparing him to TO or calling him a prima donna because of this is pretty off base.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

When he all but pushed aside fellow teammates so that he could "do his thang"?... it made me want to puke. I'm sorry, I hate watching today's athletes sometimes. Great physical abilities, but no brains....no heart.....and no respect for the game and other players. It's all about the money, and the next contract.

I'm a Ram's fan, and I was embarrassed for him and his teammates when he did that jig, whatever it was supposed to be. If I were Spags, I'd loop that "dance" in the film room on Monday with everyone watching and make an example of it. "One playing as 53"? How about "One playing for himself?" If you want to celebrate, how about high-fiving your o-line for providing the blocking, or the QB for making the throw? If Spags truely wants a team to "play as one", then this crap has got to be the first thing to go. The team busts it's butt to move the ball down the field, he makes a catch and then celebrates like it's "his thing?" ...and the team is getting blown out? Sorry, that's the type of mentality that needs to be purged for this team to start to "play as one" and get this thing turned around.

I've played enough sports to recognize a primadonna when I see him.

Avery is a prima donna.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    When he all but pushed aside fellow teammates so that he could "do his thang"?... it made me want to puke. I'm sorry, I hate watching today's athletes sometimes. Great physical abilities, but no brains....no heart.....and no respect for the game and other players. It's all about the money, and the next contract.

I'm a Ram's fan, and I was embarrassed for him and his teammates when he did that jig, whatever it was supposed to be. If I were Spags, I'd loop that "dance" in the film room on Monday with everyone watching and make an example of it. "One playing as 53"? How about "One playing for himself?" If you want to celebrate, how about high-fiving your o-line for providing the blocking, or the QB for making the throw? If Spags truely wants a team to "play as one", then this crap has got to be the first thing to go. The team busts it's butt to move the ball down the field, he makes a catch and then celebrates like it's "his thing?" ...and the team is getting blown out? Sorry, that's the type of mentality that needs to be purged for this team to start to "play as one" and get this thing turned around.

I've played enough sports to recognize a primadonna when I see him.

Avery is a prima donna.
    best post I have read in a long time

dpw1970 is offline Registered User

Tomorrow morning at the morning meeting a new rule should be implemented
    NO MORE DANCING OR CELEBRATING TOUCHDOWNS OR ANYTHING UNTIL THE TEAM BECOMES A WINNING TEAM AGAIN
    Its embarrasing to be a rams fan
    Threaten anyone who breaks this rule to be LAID OFF like 15 million people out there.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

not a big deal...get over it...

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

id rather take the positive out of seeing a Ram player do an endzone dance after scoring a TD, we have enough negatives as it is already
    Last edited by tomahawk247; -10-11-2009 at 07:50 PM.

BEER is offline Registered User

...a joke.

Come on, you're getting your butt handed to you, and you put on a little dance because you caught a pass?

Act like you've been there before, you hack.

If he spent more time working on his moves and getting seperation, and less on his "Dancing with the stars" move, maybe he WOULD get into the endzone more. More of the "me, me, me, look at me" mentality in sports today.

At least the uni's looked good. Please get rid of the Georgia Gold unis and go back to the Blue and Yellow they wore today.
    Wow! we agree on something. I felt like throwing the remote at the TV
    when he did that.

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

When he all but pushed aside fellow teammates so that he could "do his thang"?...
    That was my problem with it. Amendola runs over to him and Avery gives him a stiff arm so he can dance.

I agree with R&D. Avery showed no class. That was all about him, not the team, and that's wrong!

One name for you guys : Eric Dickerson. The man never did anything after a score except toss the ball to the ref. That's how you do it! With class!

schut39 is offline Registered User

It was a very impressive stanky leg

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    That was my problem with it. Amendola runs over to him and Avery gives him a stiff arm so he can dance.

I agree with R&D. Avery showed no class. That was all about him, not the team, and that's wrong!

One name for you guys : Eric Dickerson. The man never did anything after a score except toss the ball to the ref. That's how you do it! With class!

Well, Dickerson handled himself well on the field after scoring touchdowns, but if I recall, he made some comments about "not playing hard" if the Rams didn't accomodate his contract wishes shortly before he went to Indianapolis. Hardly classy.

Never been a fan of stupid end zone dances. Celebrating a touchdown with a moment of joy is one thing; drawing extra attention to yourself with some choreographed routine or some extended dance makes you look foolish- especially when you pushed teammates away in the process and you've gotten your ass kicked 15 weeks in a row.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper89 View Post
    Couldn't agree more, how embarrassing, what a clown he is. Didn't Holt teach him anything last year, I miss the class we used to have on our team. I hope spags rips him a new one for that. I'm slowly starting to not like avery very much.
    I was always a negative critic of the pick (mostly because 2nd round) and I havd never been a fan of what Aintly has done on the field.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Nothing wrong with it. He's the only one on the team who has done something productive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast