Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Re: Avery's TD dance was....

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Nothing wrong with it. He's the only one on the team who has done something productive.
    I hope you mean just today, because if you're talking about the entire season you're wrong.

J-Lo and Jax have done WAY more this year than Avery. The only thing Avery's done all season is score a TD in garbage time and then dance like an ass

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    I hope you mean just today, because if you're talking about the entire season you're wrong.

J-Lo and Jax have done WAY more this year than Avery. The only thing Avery's done all season is score a TD in garbage time and then dance like an ass
    Yes, I meant today.

Avery is capable of making plays. It was a nice play and he deserves to dance around.

I believe your garbage time argument is irrelevant. It was his first touchdown of the season, I believe he has every right in the world to be excited about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

How did dancing in the end zone get started anyway. Was it Deon? It seems soooo out of place. I love celebrating. Spike the ball, high-five teammates, jump into the stands, do a back-flip... but dancing?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    How did dancing in the end zone get started anyway. Was it Deon? It seems soooo out of place. I love celebrating. Spike the ball, high-five teammates, jump into the stands, do a back-flip... but dancing?
    On a side note deion is my favorite player of all time so that might be why i dont mind dancing or trash talking. Im the guy who thought it was hilarious when joey porter got banned from the 45 yard line in pre game warm ups.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Anyone know where I can check out a video of the dance? The only highlights I saw of it cut the dance off.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Avery is young, exuberant and doing what most receivers in the league do. Like it or not, it's the culture of todays NFL.

That said, ignoring teammates who are trying to help you celebrate and offer congratulations is disturbing. If I remember correctly, last year before he even scored his first TD, Avery boasted about his planned celebration, which didn't sit well with me. As others have mentioned, it should be about the team, not the individual. Hopefully Avery matures and sees this.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Anyone know where I can check out a video of the dance? The only highlights I saw of it cut the dance off.
    Nfl.com has it i watched it earlier today.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    When he all but pushed aside fellow teammates so that he could "do his thang"?... it made me want to puke. I'm sorry, I hate watching today's athletes sometimes. Great physical abilities, but no brains....no heart.....and no respect for the game and other players. It's all about the money, and the next contract.

I'm a Ram's fan, and I was embarrassed for him and his teammates when he did that jig, whatever it was supposed to be. If I were Spags, I'd loop that "dance" in the film room on Monday with everyone watching and make an example of it. "One playing as 53"? How about "One playing for himself?" If you want to celebrate, how about high-fiving your o-line for providing the blocking, or the QB for making the throw? If Spags truely wants a team to "play as one", then this crap has got to be the first thing to go. The team busts it's butt to move the ball down the field, he makes a catch and then celebrates like it's "his thing?" ...and the team is getting blown out? Sorry, that's the type of mentality that needs to be purged for this team to start to "play as one" and get this thing turned around.

I've played enough sports to recognize a primadonna when I see him.

Avery is a prima donna.
    You sound like a grumpy old man. People celebrate after they make plays and Avery made a good play on the ball to score a touchdown which is rare for the Rams these days. He did look somewhat stupid for dancing when the Rams are down by so much but it's nothing to make a huge deal over.

Avery is not a prima donna for celebrating after a touchdown and it's rediculous to make a statement like because tons of players in the league celebrate after touchdowns so I guess about half of the league is prima donnas.

There is a reason why you're not an NFL coach because the Rams have enough problems right now and if you're going to waste time to call out a player for celebrating after a big play and pretty much call him a team cancer then it would be hard for the team to respect you. It's a new era and people celebrate after touchdowns. Deal with it.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

For you old timers out there that Dance was the stanky leg verry popular right now. I thought it was joke on how stanky he and most of the team has been playing. I guess noone else took it that way

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Simple solution to all of this, to make sure that amendola or anyone else doesnt get left out........

BOB N' WEAVE!!!!!!

Screw the fine, lets celebrate as a team!!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Avery is young, exuberant and doing what most receivers in the league do. Like it or not, it's the culture of todays NFL.

That said, ignoring teammates who are trying to help you celebrate and offer congratulations is disturbing. If I remember correctly, last year before he even scored his first TD, Avery boasted about his planned celebration, which didn't sit well with me. As others have mentioned, it should be about the team, not the individual. Hopefully Avery matures and sees this.
    To be fair to Avery, IIRC it is either a fine or a 15 yard penalty to include your teammates in the celebration routine.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

What a buncha crap. Some NFL rules are just dumb.

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

at least he got the crowd excited sheeshh give the kid a break!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysBackwards View Post
    at least he got the crowd excited sheeshh give the kid a break!
    Agreed.

Sometimes you need to take that extra measure.

But you have to remember that this is a collaborative group of Rams fans on these boards. Some of them are a little more old school, and I don't mean to offend.

But this is the "in" thing now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Way to go Avery. Way to catch a touchdown pass against the second string Vikings D and then have the "smarts" to dance in the end zone. He's a tool and just made my list along with Bell and McMichael.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast