Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Avery's TD dance was....

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    And some of you crusty old farts just don't like being called old.
    Hmmm. Like that crusty old fart Steve Spagnuolo?

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    a blunt "get off me -- can't you see I'm busy here!?!" attitude.
    That's what it was.

But like you and CFH have stated, he apologized, so it's over. But he better gain some maturity soon or he's going to end up going down the same road as TO, Ocho, etc.

if it's bad for Donnie to celebrate for scoring a TD, then we should Rag on our defensive players for celebrating when they get a sack. it's the same thing.
    You're missing the point.

Don't get me wrong here. I like Donny. I want him to become a great WR, but he isn't going to do that if he doesn't grow up

That's enough for me. Time for my nap
    Last edited by ScottD413; -10-12-2009 at 08:02 PM.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    Most of you guys are either totally missing the point, or you are deliberately misreading many of these posts.

Most of the people that have a problem with Avery dancing wasn't so much the fact that he was celebrating. It was the fact that he PUSHED AMENDOLA ASIDE WHEN HE TRIED TO CONGRATULATE HIM.

That's what I'm pissed about. In my opinion it shows an immature, me first attitude. And I must not be the only one, since he apologized to the team today:

Absolutely right, ScottD413. Again, I am all for spontaneous exhuberance- high fives, jumping in the air, chest bumps, etc. Sports are supposed to be fun. At the same time, these end zone gyrations, dances etc. not only look ridiculous but to me represent a "look at me" attitude that is unnecessary. That Avery would do it in a blowout loss AND push away his teammate to boot shows he has some growing up to do.

It is in no way indicative of one's advanced age or desire to "take the fun out of things" to disapprove of such nonsense. It's not allowed in high school nor in college for a reason. It's called "sportsmanship"- and it's an ideal that's been lost over the years. Just play- and show class in the process.

And to those who suggest that "we have other issues to worry about" with this football team, you're right- but that doesn't mean we overlook stupid actions and a lack of class by guys on our team, especially guys who haven't done a damn thing in this league yet.

blood85 is offline Registered User

What an idiot, it's another reason why we are 0-5. Freaking Jackass.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Absolutely right, ScottD413. Again, I am all for spontaneous exhuberance- high fives, jumping in the air, chest bumps, etc. Sports are supposed to be fun. At the same time, these end zone gyrations, dances etc. not only look ridiculous but to me represent a "look at me" attitude that is unnecessary. That Avery would do it in a blowout loss AND push away his teammate to boot shows he has some growing up to do.

It is in no way indicative of one's advanced age or desire to "take the fun out of things" to disapprove of such nonsense. It's not allowed in high school nor in college for a reason. It's called "sportsmanship"- and it's an ideal that's been lost over the years. Just play- and show class in the process.

And to those who suggest that "we have other issues to worry about" with this football team, you're right- but that doesn't mean we overlook stupid actions and a lack of class by guys on our team, especially guys who haven't done a damn thing in this league yet.
    Bingo. We have a winner here.

It may have been no big thing to some fans in here, but it was big enough that Avery himself felt the need to apologize to his teammates. Good for him. He's young and naive, but it appears that he can, and has learned from this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Flipper89 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    When he all but pushed aside fellow teammates so that he could "do his thang"?... it made me want to puke. I'm sorry, I hate watching today's athletes sometimes. Great physical abilities, but no brains....no heart.....and no respect for the game and other players. It's all about the money, and the next contract.

I'm a Ram's fan, and I was embarrassed for him and his teammates when he did that jig, whatever it was supposed to be. If I were Spags, I'd loop that "dance" in the film room on Monday with everyone watching and make an example of it. "One playing as 53"? How about "One playing for himself?" If you want to celebrate, how about high-fiving your o-line for providing the blocking, or the QB for making the throw? If Spags truely wants a team to "play as one", then this crap has got to be the first thing to go. The team busts it's butt to move the ball down the field, he makes a catch and then celebrates like it's "his thing?" ...and the team is getting blown out? Sorry, that's the type of mentality that needs to be purged for this team to start to "play as one" and get this thing turned around.

I've played enough sports to recognize a primadonna when I see him.

Avery is a prima donna.
    Nice post, I'd rep ya but i need to spread it around first....

Gsort12 is offline Registered User

Ram fan in MN (I root for the Vikes as well). The asinine/clueless celebration after beating a Vikings reserve CB, aka special teams player made me want to jump through my tv and knock his ass down. I have little hope he'll ever pan out because that whole sequence shows he lacks a general fundamental understanding which is something that should have been established LONG ago. Pushing Amendola away from his spotlight was the worst part but the "stanky leg" when you score against backups in garbage time was still pretty offensive and embarrassing. Not to mention the stanky leg is embarrassing to begin with. Amendola should've shoved him back or the Vikings should have come over and danced with him and pointed up to the scoreboard while doing so. Dance all you want in the locker room once you've helped your team to a win.

PS. Wish we would go back to those colors.
    Last edited by Gsort12; -10-13-2009 at 12:54 AM.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

As one of those who "...believe's we have other issues to worry about".

(Call me out by name. I'm a big boy and can handle myself fine thank you very much.)

This term lack of class is misused here IMO. If anything, it was a sign of immaturity that's all. Does naive immaturity constitute a lack of class?? I don't think so, depends on the 'mens rea'

Three weeks worth of utter Rams dross on the football field, including a poor performance V Washington, and here we have a young guy that got a little excited coz he found himself in the endzone......So what.

For people to chuck around the 'classless' allegation is fundamentally flawed. We know dick all about his integrity. However, to knowingly act like a clown (a la T.O.) at an in opportune moment after a score such as running to the centre of the field to dance on the home teams insignia would constitute a lack of class. Billy Jenkins mouthing off to the Tampa bench at the end of the championship game in 1999....Another legit example of a lack of class.

Getting over excited as a young man, who's had zero confidence after some bad games recently, and who's just realised that he's stood in the endzone with the ball in his hands, AND...there's not a flag in sight, so decides to do a little jig.....Well, I'll bend with him on that one.

A lack of class, this certainly is not. Not to me anyway. I'll also warrant he was told to apologise by the staff as well. As opposed to a decision he made himself. Underlining, IMO, his naivety in recognising that what he did was probably not the greatest of ideas.

Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -10-13-2009 at 03:37 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    For people to chuck around the 'classless' allegation is fundamentally flawed.
    If you're talking about the dance, you're absolutely right. Class had nothing to do with the dance. Looking rediculous yes, classless no. If you're talking about shoving a teammate away so you can do your rediculous dance, that is classless. Nothing anyone says is going to change that fact.

Gsort12 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    As one of those who "...believe's we have other issues to worry about".

(Call me out by name. I'm a big boy and can handle myself fine thank you very much.)

This term lack of class is misused here IMO. If anything, it was a sign of immaturity that's all. Does naive immaturity constitute a lack of class?? I don't think so, depends on the 'mens rea'

Three weeks worth of utter Rams dross on the football field, including a poor performance V Washington, and here we have a young guy that got a little excited coz he found himself in the endzone......So what.

For people to chuck around the 'classless' allegation is fundamentally flawed. We know dick all about his integrity. However, to knowingly act like a clown (a la T.O.) at an in opportune moment after a score such as running to the centre of the field to dance on the home teams insignia would constitute a lack of class. Billy Jenkins mouthing off to the Tampa bench at the end of the championship game in 1999....Another legit example of a lack of class.

Getting over excited as a young man, who's had zero confidence after some bad games recently, and who's just realised that he's stood in the endzone with the ball in his hands, AND...there's not a flag in sight, so decides to do a little jig.....Well, I'll bend with him on that one.

A lack of class, this certainly is not. Not to me anyway. I'll also warrant he was told to apologise by the staff as well. As opposed to a decision he made himself. Underlining, IMO, his naivety in recognising that what he did was probably not the greatest of ideas.

I don't believe thd dance was classless..... Just clueless, which is alarming that he lacks a fundamental understanding. That's beyond immature. Trying to grab the spotlight from his teamate was classless.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

we wouldn't even be having this conversation had he done the robot again like in new england
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Just imagine this. if todays NFL Rules were in place in 1999, we would have been penalized for Group celebrations in every game, I personaly don't care about that as long as the player is doing it with a team mate. but if he is alone in the act, I wouldn't stand for it. that's just my Opinion.
    That's why they banned team celebrations the very next year. The bob n weave.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Touchdowns are so far and few between that I don't blame Avery for his childish dance.

As a matter of fact the city of St. Louis should have had a Touchdown Parade on Monday that marched right around the Dome!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM0 View Post
    Touchdowns are so far and few between that I don't blame Avery for his childish dance.

As a matter of fact the city of St. Louis should have had a Touchdown Parade on Monday that marches right around the Dome!!
    LOL!!! Good one, haaahahaaa! ...But sad.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Just to show my "geezerness" I remember Henry Ellard doing a backflip in the endzone after a touchdown and getting an excessive celebration penalty for it. I thought it was pretty cool. Imagine a standing backflip in full football gear.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast