AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Av's "Looking West" (Pre-Week 12)

All four NFC West teams lost last week, so the race remains wide open.

On to Week 12!

Current Standings
    Seattle 5-5
    St. Louis 4-6
    San Francisco 3-7
    Arizona 3-7

Week 12 Projections

St. Louis 30 Denver 21
    The Rams desperately need a road win, and the Broncos are vulnerable (2-3) in Denver. If the Rams can pressure Orton and prevent big plays, they should be able to control the game and move the ball against a weak Broncos defense. The Broncos also may have trouble coming back in a short week, having been blown out on Monday night.

Seattle 23 Kansas City 20
    The Seahawks are tough at home (3-1), while the Chiefs have struggled on the road (1-4). That should provide just enough advantage for the Seahawks to win this one and stay at the top of the division.

Arizona 16 San Francisco 13
    This game will determine which team will remain a longshot in the division, and which will be out of the race. Arizona lost a lot last offseason, but I don't think anyone expected such a pronounced downturn. The Niners likewise have underperformed, and will not be able to dig themselves out of the 0-5 hole they created.

Projected Standings
    Seattle 6-5
    St. Louis 5-6
    Arizona 4-7
    San Francisco 3-8

The Rams need to keep pace this week, as Seattle gets a near gimme in Week 13 hosting Carolina. Also, if things go as I project, the Rams will be in a position to get revenge on Arizona next week and make the West a two-team race.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Re: Av's "Looking West" (Pre-Week 12)

God love our little division. It amazes me with a Rams win and a Seattle loss we would be back in 1st place.

12 weeks in a record of 6 and 6 could be the best in the west.

If we can add a quality receiver, guard and back-up rb this off season I think we will walk all over this division next year... imho.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Or hammer it into the ground.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

The Rams will not score 30 points, that is optimistic in the extreme. The Rams pass defense is too weak and Denver is a passing team, I don't think this one will be too close. I can see the Rams losing 28-17 with some big pass plays shredding our secondary. I would give this one a slight edge to the Rams at home, but not away.

I was listening to the Bernie M. show today and Tony Softli was saying some pretty negative things about the Rams offensive line, especially in short yardage situations. It sounded like he believes both the starting gaurds and the starting center could use an upgrade. Maybe thats a bit extreme, but it is clear our offensive line, even after all the work put into it, still has a ways to go.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I think we finally get a road win by the skin of our teeth. We should be able to get the run going a bit more on those key 3rd and 1's. Our Defense should also be able to get more pressure on their QB this week. The Atlanta game was awful in the pressure department. We need to score over 24 points in Denver and I believe we will.
    Rams 27 - 24 Broncos??

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

with Danario back i think we make some noise in Denver, that is if he is back. I see this as lower scoring affair. Rams 13 Broncos 10.

Chiefs will get it together in Seattle, Rams back on top!

Whiners trample Cards 37-17
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    .It sounded like he believes both the starting gaurds and the starting center could use an upgrade.
    The starting center? I don't think so.

To be blunt, I don't trust Softli's commentary. He didn't exactly get results when he was here and, if you read his Twitter posts, he seems to like taking shots at the Rams here and there.

The guard positions should be open for competition next year, but there is something to be said for continuity on the O line.

As for Denver's passing offense vs. the Rams pass defense... the key, as usual, will be pressure. The Broncos have allowed a lot of sacks, so the Rams' pass rush could make things easier for the D backs.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

The Rams will not score 30 points, that is optimistic in the extreme. The Rams pass defense is too weak and Denver is a passing team, I don't think this one will be too close. I can see the Rams losing 28-17 with some big pass plays shredding our secondary. I would give this one a slight edge to the Rams at home, but not away.
    I would have to agree with this, as much as I hope they find a way to win. The key to the Rams defense is crowding the 10 yard area around the line of scrimmage since 90% of plays happen around that area. Problem is, when teams get behind, they start to pass deeper, into the 15-25 yard range, and this is where we are vulnerable....and passing teams that generally pass in this range (Detroit, ATL, Denver?) seem to move the ball relatively easily, unless we have a stellar day pressuring the QB, like vs. San Diego, so it can be done.

17 points seems to be our destined point total, and we are very good at consistently hitting it, or perhaps 20. 30 points on the road would be impressive for this team that averages the lowest yards per pass in the league.

Maybe DX will help us change that this week?... They did open it up a little vs. Atlanta.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

As much as it pains me,,,,,GO Kansas City