AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Av's "Looking West" (Pre-Week 13)

How great is it that I can still write these threads after 11 games? Right now, the Rams have their destiny in their own hands. If they can win their final three divisional games (@Arizona, San Francisco, @Seattle), they'll win the division. Its pretty much that simple.

The first test will be this week.

Current Standings
    St. Louis 5-6
    Seattle 5-6
    San Francisco 4-7
    Arizona 3-8

Week 13 Projections

St. Louis 24 Arizona 16
    The Rams have a great opportunity to get their second road win and a key victory against a division opponent against the slumping Cardinals. Look for Steven Jackson to bounce back with a big game, and Sam Bradford will continue his efficient production. The Rams should get to Derek Anderson regularly to keep the Cardinals' offense off balance.

Seattle 27 Carolina 12
    The Jeckyl and Hyde Seahawks will look good this week hosting a weak Carolina team. They can't afford to lose this one, as the schedule gets tougher in the weeks that follow (@SF, Atl, @TB). Lucky for them, Carolina is a mess.

Green Bay 34 San Francisco 10
    The Niners have done a good job staying within shouting distance of the division lead, but this one has disaster written all over it. Short week... Frank Gore's out... travelling to Green Bay to face a Packer team fighting for the division title. I don't expect this one to be close.

Projected Standings
    St. Louis 6-6
    Seattle 6-6
    San Francisco 4-8
    Arizona 3-9

If things go as I expect, the division race will essentially become a two team battle, with the Niners holding on by the thinnest of threads, and the Cardinals planning their draft strategy.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Av's "Looking West" (Pre-Week 13)

This looks like a very good week for us. Frankly (no pun intended ), I'm more concerned with the ***** at this point, having already lost to them once, and with a victory over Seattle in our pockets. Westbrook seemed to step right in for Gore and they didn't skip a beat.

Arizona looked just plain awful last night, so I feel pretty confident heading out there. It will probably be Anderson's last start, so hopefully we give him a fond farewell!

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    This looks like a very good week for us. Frankly (no pun intended ), I'm more concerned with the ***** at this point, having already lost to them once, and with a victory over Seattle in our pockets. Westbrook seemed to step right in for Gore and they didn't skip a beat.

Arizona looked just plain awful last night, so I feel pretty confident heading out there. It will probably be Anderson's last start, so hopefully we give him a fond farewell!
    I don't know about that. Anderson might be baaaad, but Hall was abysmal. Who would step in if they yank Anderson? Do they even have any other options?

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

I was really hoping that AZ would have won that game last night. That would have put the Whiners 2 games out and then we could put the Cards out of their misery this Sunday.

GO RAMS!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I was really hoping that AZ would have won that game last night. That would have put the Whiners 2 games out and then we could put the Cards out of their misery this Sunday.

GO RAMS!
    I did too my friend... Oh well like Avenger said the Rams hold their own destiny and that's all that matters.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTalon View Post
    I don't know about that. Anderson might be baaaad, but Hall was abysmal. Who would step in if they yank Anderson? Do they even have any other options?
    They have rookie John Skelton, who I believe is the long-lost love child of self-help guru Tony Robbins:

Last edited by AvengerRam; -11-30-2010 at 03:30 PM.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    They have rookie John Skelton, who I believe is the long-lost love child of self-help guru Tony Robbins:

I thought he was Reds grandson. Thanks for clearing that up for me Av!