AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Av's "Looking West" (Pre-Week 15)

For what its worth, I'm 6-0 in the last two weeks in picking NFC West Games.

Make no mistake, it is a three team race right now. The Rams, Seahawks and Niners all have a shot to win the division. The good news, though, is that the Rams truly do control their own destiny.

Current Standings
    St. Louis 6-7
    Seattle 6-7
    San Francisco 5-8
    Arizona 4-9

Week 15 Projections

St. Louis 24 Kansas City 17
    This is a tough game to call right now, as Matt Cassel's status is unknown. I'm presuming he will play, though he may not be at 100%. The key in this one will be to get an early lead and keep the Chiefs from running the ball effectively on first down. The home crowd should help too (even if there are a decent number of Chief fans making the trip) after three long weeks on the road.

San Diego 28 San Francisco 13
    The Chargers need to keep winning to make the playoffs, and I don't see them having too much trouble with the Niners at home. Surprisingly, a loss will not eliminate the Niners from playoff contention, as they can win a tiebreaker at 7-9.

Atlanta 27 Seattle 21
    The Seahawks will make a better showing than they did at San Francisco, but I don't think home field will be enough to get them a win against Atlanta. The Falcons need to keep winning with the Saints at their heels, as the division winner is almost certain to get a bye in the playoffs.

Carolina 13 Arizona 10
    Two teams playing for pride, and not much else. I'll go with the home team, though I don't feel very strongly about it one way or the other.

Projected Standings
    St. Louis 7-7
    Seattle 6-8
    San Francisco 5-9
    Arizona 4-10

If things go as I project, Week 16 will be very interesting, as the Rams will have an opportunity to clinch the division with a win vs. San Francisco and a Seahawk loss at Tampa Bay. If not, chances are that the division will be decided in the final week of the season.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -12-13-2010 at 09:11 PM.

thermobee is offline Registered User

Re: Av's "Looking West" (Pre-Week 15)

I dont know why, but for some reason I want that last game against Seattle to matter. That way we can spank them in their own stadium and prove we will rule the West (hopefully) for the next 4-5 years.

And hopefully finish 9-7

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

I agree with the first two picks, but I see Atlanta doing a better job of putting away Seattle 35-10 and the Cardinals beating Carolina 14-10.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Kansas City was humiliated on Sunday, they will be looking for payback. That will spell trouble for the Rams, though the QB question will make things interesting. The game will probably be decided by less than 7. With Cassel starting, KC is a much better team than the Rams at this point. With Cassel out and homefield for the Rams, I can see the Rams winning 20-17.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    With Cassel starting, KC is a much better team than the Rams at this point.
    They are? I don't know about "much better."

KC is a very tough home team (6-0), but can be beat on the road (2-5). The Rams have done fairly well at home (4-2). I think that's a pretty big factor.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Should be an interesting game but we should slip a win on this one by shutting down their RB-duos, pressuring Cassel, and shutting Bowe. Though I want this to be a blowout out of this team if we want to be considered "true playoff contenders". After that Broncos game, there's was a brown stain in my pants that took forever to remove... Thanks a lot Shurmur.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I think the Rams can beat the Chiefs, but it's a good matchup. Our defensive line has to play better and we have to stop the outside runs that hurt us so much. Offensively we can't turn it over, and if we do it can't be in the redzone. We have enough trouble scoring, we can't give away points like last week.

Seattle seams done to me. Atlanta is playing lights out and I can't see how Seattle can hang with them, especially with no receivers. Tampa is also playing for a wildcard stop and should beat them in two weeks.

The Niners are the scary team here. The Chargers have been a lot better than in the start of the season, but there so inconsistent. I really hope the Chargers can beat them.

The Cards game doesn't matter, but I think they'll pick of Clausen a couple times and have their defense win them the game.

For the Rams, if we win 3 we're in. If we win any 2 of the 3 remaining games we're in. If we win 1 game it has to be in Seattle, and San Fran has to lose against San Diego and Arizona. We've been consistent all year. The first 3 quarters of the season we were 2-2, and I'm fairly confident we can finish the last quarter at 2-2.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

I'll wait for word on the health of our CB's before making any predictions on this one. Jones' is shifty and Charles can run with authority if he gets warmed up and feeling juicy. With Diggs out on strong side LB, i foresee many stretch run plays by KC to go along with some bombs and slant patterns to Bowe.... therefore, some solid CB play for the Rams will be critical. could get interesting...

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Not looking good for the Rams right now. We dont seem to play well against teams with winning records.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Well, I have to agree with all your picks Av. At least the win/loss thing. Don't know about the scores.... I see the Rams winning in a close one, the Seahawks getting blown out, the Whiners getting beat in a game they could win, and the Cards? Uh, who cares?

As I said weeks ago, the team that scares me the most in the NFC is the Whiners. They have the best personnel in the division, all they lack is consistant play from their QB's. When, and IF they get that, look out.

I will go out on a limb right now and say that the team representing the NFC West will be the winner of the Rams /Whiner's game in week 16.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968