AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Av's "Looking West" - WE MADE IT TO WEEK 17!

When I started this feature, I hoped, but did not necessarily expect, that the Rams would still be in the playoff hunt at the end of the year. Notwithstanding the fact that the Rams will finish no better than .500, you can't say enough about how this team has turned itself around and built a solid base for the future.

So, now its down to two teams and one game. Will the Rams pull off the divisional "worst to first"?

Current Standings
    St. Louis 7-8
    Seattle 6-9
    San Francisco 5-10
    Arizona 5-10

Week 17 Projections

St. Louis 27 Seattle 13
    Looking at this matchup objectively, the Rams have the advantage in almost every aspect of the game. If Matt Hasselbeck can't play, that advantage should be even greater. The "X-factors" are there - Seattle's home field advantage; the "familiarity" equalizer - but I believe that if the Rams play smart, relatively mistake-free, football, this game should not be all that close. And... mark this down... this will be Steven Jackson's week

San Francisco 23 Arizona 20
    I can't say I have a strong feeling about this "Does Anyone Care Bowl" game, so I'll go with the home team. What a difference a few months make. The Niners have gone from division favorite and sleeper pick for the conference title, to a team in disarray. Will they finally move on from the Smiths and find a new QB? As for Arizona, they MUST find a new QB. I'll put the odds at 33% Ryan Mallett, 33% Jake Locker, 33% Marc Bulger and 1% the field.

Projected Final Standings
    St. Louis 8-8
    San Francisco 6-10
    Seattle 6-10
    Arizona 5-11

Rams win the division!

The hard work and faith in the system will pay off with a home playoff game! Not bad for a team that went 1-15 last year, huh? While the playoff run may be short, this team, with its nucleus of young talent lead by Sam Bradford, has a bright future.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Av's "Looking West" - WE MADE IT TO WEEK 17!

this will be Steven Jackson's week
    How so, he scores two TD's, he runs 100 plus yards?

I just don't have any faith in our running game, sure he may have one or two big runs, but I just don't see a dominating play from our O-line. We have yet to control the clock and finish a game on the ground.

Man I Hope you are right and we can establish a consistence running game. Second down and 4 beats second and 8 all day.

I'm not bashing SJ, we have not had a dominating run game in weeks!

If he does that would make Sam day really easy.