Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By RamDez
  • 3 Post By gap

Thread: Av's "Looking West" - Week 13

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Av's "Looking West" - Week 13

We’re in the home stretch now.

While the Rams are a playoff long-shot, its great to see that they are still in the running.

Week 13 Predictions

Rams 20

Niners 19
    This is a tough call. Do I think the Rams caught the Niners by surprise a few weeks ago? Yes. Do I think the Niners will be better prepared for this game? Again, yes. But I also think that the Rams’ home field advantage will offset these factors somewhat. The key is for theRams to truly commit to the run. Sometimes, a team’s reputation dictates the opponents strategy (i.e. theNiners’ reputation as a great run defense causes teams to abandon the run). The Rams ignored the stats last time and ran the ball 36 times for 158 yards. If they can repeat those numbers, they’ll have a great chance. As an added bonus “prediction,” I’m projecting a game winning Greg Zuerlein FG in the last minute of the game.

Bears 24
    Seahawks 9
    This is a bad matchup for the Hawks. They are not a good road team, and the Bears play well at home. More importantly, the Bears defense is the type that will give the Hawks’ offense, and their rookie QB, fits. Seattle will fall back to the pack among the Wild Card contenders.

Jets 17
    Cardinals 10
    A battle of the Rams’ last two opponents. The Cardinals, who I believed were a “pretender” at 4-0, will continue their free-fall. The Jets will enjoy a week off from the New York media’s barrage ofcriticism.

Projected Standings

San Francisco 8-3-1 (2-1-1)
    Seattle 6-6-0 (0-3-0)
    St. Louis 5-6-1 (4-0-1)
    Arizona 4-8 (1-3-0)

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Av's "Looking West" - Week 13

Well we used 2 trick plays to come away with a tie in SF. Probably need at least one trick play to win this game at home. Hmmmmm

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Av's "Looking West" - Week 13

A finally healthy o-line will do wonders I feel. Plus maybe a call to go our way here or there. 3 penalties on DA punt return, DA 80 yard catch, zuerlins 47yd field goal. All were calls after te play was over...

macrammer is offline Registered User

I have a bad feeling about this game......i hope you guy's are right........

I dont think we have ANY home field advantage and I really dont see a win here man I hate the whiners as well.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

We needed a short missed FG, two fake punts that went for 30+ yards, and a back-up QB that had no practice time or chemistry with his players to tie the game.. Yeah, we're gonna lose this one.

THE DREAM TEAM

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I hope all your predictions are right. I will not predict on this game at all, I'm just hoping for a win.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Well we used 2 trick plays to come away with a tie in SF. Probably need at least one trick play to win this game at home. Hmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    We needed a short missed FG, two fake punts that went for 30+ yards, and a back-up QB that had no practice time or chemistry with his players to tie the game.. Yeah, we're gonna lose this one.
    I really don't think those Fake Punts were "planned". I think it the RAMs were prepared for a punt, but ready to take advantage of any 9er over aggresiveness. On both plays, they sent an extra player to block the punt. And in both cases, the RAMS threw a pass in the vacated area. This does two things, most importantly, it keeps the drive alive. Secondly, it causes the 9ers to think twice about sending extra attackers for a blocked punt. I doubt we will see then send extra players to block a punt in this next game.

Of course, the fanatic in me hopes that we will never punt. And by that I mean score, not turnovers.

gap
    RamDez, THOLTFAN81 and macrammer like this.

mark.a is offline Registered User

San Francisco - 28
    St. Louis - 10

A rematch of a game with the least satisfying outcome in sports - a tie. Lots has changed, obviously with the QB situation in San Francisco, though I am not sure that actually matters much in this game. San Francisco was likely caught off-guard in the previous contest (coming off a bye and looking past St. Louis) and I would be incredibly surprised to see a similar or worse showing this week, even in St. Louis. Of course, I would have said the same thing about the first game . . .

New York Jets - 13
    Arizona - 7

Ugh. Could there be a less interesting game? As I'm not much into Tebow-mania, you'd have to pay me to watch this one.

Chicago - 21
    Seattle - 20

Chicago has lots of injuries, but Seattle is abysmal on the road. Marshawn Lynch has looked hurt the past few games, and he essentially is their entire offense. This could be the game that puts the nail in the coffin for Seattle, with both of their corners likely being out for the rest of the regular season.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Called the GZ game winner!

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Hey AV was right again this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO RAMS

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Thank God I was totally wrong on this one!!

THE DREAM TEAM