AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Av's "Looking West" - Week 14

The Rams are keeping things interesting as the list of playoff contenders shrinks. While this might not be the year they break on through to the other side, the are certainly lighting my fire for December football.

Week 14 Predictions

Rams 24
    Bills 20
    This is a tough game to project given that (1) the Bills are really banged up, and (2) weather should be a factor (rain is in the forecast). I think that the guy who will really give the Rams an advantage in this one is Steven Jackson. It was great to see him re-emerge in the passing game last week. I'd like to see more of that this week.

Seahawks 23
    Cardinals 10
    Arizona is a mess, and the Seahawks won't slip at home in their quest for a playoff birth. That said, every time I look at the standings, I can't help but think that the Hawks should have one more loss and the Packers should have one more win.

Niners 21
    Dolphins 16
    The Dolphins will play the Niners tough, but I don't think they will be able to score enough points to win the game. You have to wonder, though, whethe Alex Smith will wish he was a member of the visiting team.

Proected Standings

San Francisco 9-3-1 (2-1-1)
    Seattle 8-5-0 (1-3-0)
    St. Louis 6-6-1 (4-0-1)
    Arizona 4-9-0 (1-4-0)

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Av's "Looking West" - Week 14

Here's how I see them... I usually don't predict scores here, but what the heck? Could be fun.

Week 14 Predictions

Rams 24
    Bills 20
    This is a tough game to project given that (1) the Bills are really banged up, and (2) weather should be a factor (rain is in the forecast). I think that the guy who will really give the Rams an advantage in this one is Steven Jackson. It was great to see him re-emerge in the passing game last week. I'd like to see more of that this week.

Agree that Jackson and the running game are the offensive key to a Rams victory, as much as I think that stopping the Bill's potent running game is priority #1 for the Rams. The advantage here is the loss of their prized center to a major injury. He is one of their best players on offense and a big part of their running success. With him out, Brockers and company will clog the middle and make running difficult. If it forces them to throw, they don't have the weapons on the outside to beat our corners and Long and Quinn should have a very good day. Rams should win this one on a cold, wet New York afternoon.
    Rams 27
    Bills 16

Seahawks 23
    Cardinals 10
    Arizona is a mess, and the Seahawks won't slip at home in their quest for a playoff birth. That said, every time I look at the standings, I can't help but think that the Hawks should have one more loss and the Packers should have one more win.

Agree again here with the outcome, although I'm not sure it will be this close. The Seahawks will lose one of their CB's this weekend to begin serving his four-game suspension for cheating, but with the Cardinals pathetic passing attack. It won't matter. Also agree with AV about the Hawks record. It will be maddening to see Pete Carroll in the playoffs and not the Packers if it comes down to that one bad call.

Seahawks 28
    Cardinals 6

Niners 21
    Dolphins 16
    The Dolphins will play the Niners tough, but I don't think they will be able to score enough points to win the game. You have to wonder, though, whethe Alex Smith will wish he was a member of the visiting team.

The Whiners will be one pissed-off team this week and the Fish will pay the price. Another blowout I believe....

Whiners 31
    Dolphins 13

Proected Standings

San Francisco 9-3-1 (2-1-1)
    Seattle 8-5-0 (1-3-0)
    St. Louis 6-6-1 (4-0-1)
    Arizona 4-9-0 (1-4-0)

Agree.... and the Rams fans can talk about playoffs for at least another week.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968