Thread: Av's "Looking West" (Week 4)

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Av's "Looking West" (Week 4)

Current Standings

San Francisco 2-1 (1-0)
    Seattle 1-2 (1-1)
    Arizona 1-2 (0-1)
    St. Louis 0-3 (0-0)

Tough week. I was only one out of three in my picks, and Rams burned me again. Do I stick with them? As for the rest of the West, I've been pretty much on target, though I missed on the Niners win over the Bengals. Av's Prediction Meter: 6-4 (.600).

Week 4 Predictions

Rams 23 Redskins 17
    I think this is the week. The Rams have their backs against the wall. They NEED a win. Steven Jackson should finally be ready to be a factor. Add to the mix the fact that the Redskins are on the road after a short week (having played in Dallas on MNF), and I think the right conditions are finally here to get a much needed win.

Eagles 34 Niners 14
    The "Dream Team" is in danger of having a nightmare season, but this week all will be well in the City of Brotherly Love. The Niners don't have the offensive firepower to hang with the Eagles. This one won't be close.

Giants 21
    Cardinals 17
    I don't like this matchup for the Cardinals. Kolb will face some real pressure from the Giants' defense, and Bradshaw and Jacobs should be able to have productive days running the ball. I give Arizona a bit of a home field bump, but it won't be enough.

Falcons 27 Seahawks 9
    Like the Niners, the Hawks are facing a disappointed and desperate team. I don't think the 12th man in Seattle will make much of a difference in this one.

Projected Standings

Niners 2-2 (1-0)
    Seahawks 1-3 (1-1)
    Rams 1-3 (0-0)
    Cardinals 1-3 (0-1)

This is the week when things start to turn around for the Rams. Its going to be a bumpy ride for the first seven weeks, but this is a marathon, not a sprint.
    Ram Mar Ram and RamHigh5 like this.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Av's "Looking West" (Week 4)

Spot on I think, always viewed this game as a RAMS must win, had them beating the eagles in Week 1. The last couple weeks have got me a little nervous but I think its not the time for knee-jerk reactions and they should right the ship this week against a decent Redskins outfit.

RAMS 27 Skins 17

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Although I disagreed with a couple of your picks last week, including the Rams game, I have to agree with you on all the games this week. I too think this is the week the Rams put it together and pull out a win. They have to, and this is one of the two games I thought they could win before the season started.

The Seahawks should get beaten with relative ease even though they're at home. The Falcons are just waiting for a breakout game and this could be it.

The Whiners will also go down hard against the Eagles.

The Cards will face a rejuvenated Giants team and will also get their butts handed to them.

So, the Rams will only be 1-3, but should head into the bye week feeling a little better about themselves and to regroup and get a little more healthy (they'll need it when the get back to work). A loss here and I think they're in real trouble. I don't believe in the "must-win" scenario this early in the season, but it's as close to a "must-win" game for the Rams as you can get.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

cfh128 is online now Registered User

I agree with the picks. We need this win more than Washington and though the Skins might be the favorites on paper, it is certainly a winnable game. The rest of the west have brutal matchups and I expect a loss for them all. This will hopefully be a good week for us and the west will be wide open again. A little momentum can go a long way for us.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Hip-HIP Hooray!!!

I agree with your picks but I feel like the Falcons/ Seahawks game is going to be very close. The Seahawks are playing good defense and the Falcons just aren't the Falcons from last season, yet?

Really, who cares? RAMS win that's all that matters!!!!

RamHigh5 is offline Registered User

Good picks,they make sense.I would like to see the Rams go into this game with Jackson on the sideline.Let the offense move the ball without him.Then start to bring him in.It has an effect on the team when he comes in and 1 play later,he's out of the game.They need to feel like they can move the ball without him being the focal point.I still want him to get at least 15 carries.Rams 16 Skins 10