Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By RAMFANRAIDERHATER
  • 3 Post By jmk321

Thread: Av's "Looking West" - Week 7

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Av's "Looking West" - Week 7

I’m posting this early due to the Thursday game.

Last week, I missed on my three “conventional picks” and wascorrect on my “upset special” of the Bills over the Cardinals. That’s the NFL for you!

On to Week 7:

Rams 30
    Packers 20
    I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking I’ve lost my mind. You’re thinking “what makes you believe that the Rams will suddenly explode for 30 points when they’ve had trouble scoring 20?” My answer is recent history. Last year, the Rams went to Green Bay and, though they scored only 3 points, they had over 400 yards of offense (Bradford had 328 yards passing, Jackson had 96 rushing yards). Now, the Rams will be at home and I think the defense will give them some short fields to work with. Call it a hunch, but I think this is the week the Rams’ offense breaks out.

Niners 21
    Seahawks 6
    If this game were in Seattle, I’d have a much different pick, but the Seahawks don’t travel well. The Niners have been a bit of a mystery. For two weeks, they looked unstoppable. Then, last week, they looked vulnerable. Their defense should have no trouble, though, shutting down Russell Wilson and the Hawks’ offense. Seattledrops to 0-3 in the division.

Vikings 20
    Cardinals 10
    The Cardinals offense has been decimated by injuries. They are now playing without Kevin Kolb, their top two RBs, and their starting LT. Their defense is strong, but it won’t be enough playing against the surprising Vikings.

Projected Standings
    San Francisco 5-2 (1-0)
    St. Louis 4-3 (2-0)
    Arizona 4-3 (1-1)
    Seattle 4-3 (0-3)
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -10-18-2012 at 11:52 AM.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Av's "Looking West" - Week 7

This week I have to agree across the board with AV. SO call me crazy as well.

I really like the way the Rams stack up against the Packers. I really do. I believe that fans, and especially the bettin' folks tend to overstate the previous week's performances. Early bettors are jumping all over the Pack because of their breakout perfomance last week against the Texans. They're bettin' it heavy. Bettors, casual fans and "experts" alike are also looking at the loss for the Rams last week and using that also to help weigh their decision on this contest.

I think that's a big mistake.

The Packers, before the Texans game, were a team in question. "What happened to the Packers and Aaron Rogers", was the talk leading up to the Texans game. "They're 2-3 and looking lost, no running game, Rogers taking unecessary sacks..." blah, blah blah. Then they win one game convincingly and now everyone is claiming "they're back."

The Rams on the other hand lost a game they clearly should have won. Now the same folks that were talking about how good the Rams were becoming have backed off on that claim as their slide down the power rankings pole indicates. We're even hearing some of the "same 'ol" stuff again.

But to do so in this game is wrong IMHO. OF course, this is football and the ball bounces in funny ways, so yes, anything can happen. But I really think the Rams can not only beat the spread here, I think they can win the game.

The Packers are a passing team, the Rams are a very good pass defense team. The Packers cannot run the ball, and the Rams are pretty good against the run with Brockers in the lineup (ask Mr. Bush). So the Rams should be able to pin their ears back, mix up the d, create some confusion and rattle Mr. Rogers cage and hopefully cause a few turnovers and bad throws. I simply do not see Rogers and the Packers lighting up the scoreboard on the Rams in STL.

On the other hand, the Rams proved last week that they can run the ball effectively. They are establishing a thunder and lightning approach with Jackson and Richardson. This will cause the Packers some problems. The passing game should continue to get better each week as Bradford and his recievers get more comfortable with each other. I'm hoping that last weeks performance from The Great GZ was just an anomoly because of the wind and being on the road, and he returns to form this week. (providing and his head is still screwed on straight) Because the Rams need him.

I see the Rams winning this game, and I can see it in a fashion that not many expect. I see AV has the Rams by 10, and I don't think he's just drinking his koolaid, I think he's probably about right on this.

I believe they can get it done this week. Rams win and go to 4-3.

In the other games, the Whiners handle the Hawks tonight in a game frought with personal fouls. The Vikings beat the now beat-up Cards.

Oh crap, I just watched the "matchup" video from Em and he has the Rams winning. He hasn't been right yet, has he? LOL!!
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -10-18-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    AvengerRam and laram0 like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

mark.a is offline Registered User

San Francisco 16
    Seattle 14

This is going to be a tough, hard-hitting game. Seattle is usually not very good on the road, and playing on the road on a Thursday night is really tough. However, defense usually travels well, and San Francisco is likely without starting left tackle Joe Staley. Niners pull out a nail-biter.

Green Bay 27
    St. Louis 21

Clay Matthews is a beast, and Aaron Rodgers looks like he may have found a spark.

Minnesota 21
    Arizona 10

Arizona is too beat-up, and finally reverting to the type of team we all expected them to be when the season started. Minnesota will bounce back from a tough beat.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Rams 80
    Packers 0

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!!!

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Rodgers and the Packers still have a lot to prove and they know it. No way the Rams can keep up with their scoring. It won't be a beat down like they put on the Texans, but I'm afraid they'll still win. I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see the Rams winning this one.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

It's amazing how different Russell Wilson in ganes the Seahawks win compared to when they lose

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Rams 80
    Packers 0

oh yeah!!! i like that one but i'll go out even farther and sqeeze out a 66 yarder from GZ.
    Rams 83
    pack 0

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Rams 80
    Packers 0

oh yeah!!! i like that one but i'll go out even farther and sqeeze out a 66 yarder from GZ.
    Rams 83
    pack 0

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    Rams 83
    pack 0
    We heard it here first.

....and twice. LOL
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968