Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Av's Rams/EJD Marketing Plan

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Av's Rams/EJD Marketing Plan

I think the Rams should build 7 statues outside the EJD to commemorate the Rams' history.
    They would be located at the four entrances (in the corners), the convention plaza, and on Broadway and Cole Streets (the West side of the stadium would not work, hence the odd number of sites for the statues.

Here's my suggestion for the seven statues:

Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsh (the early years)
    The Fearsome Foursome (the 60s)
    Jack Youngblood (the 70s)
    Eric Dickerson running behind Jackie Slater (the 80s)
    Isaac Bruce (the 90s)
    Kurt Warner handing the ball to Marshall Faulk (GSOT/Super Bowl)
    The Tackle (GSOT/Super Bowl)

What do you think?

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Av's Rams/EJD Marketing Plan

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think the Rams should build 7 statues outside the EJD to commemorate the Rams' history.
    They would be located at the four entrances (in the corners), the convention plaza, and on Broadway and Cole Streets (the West side of the stadium would not work, hence the odd number of sites for the statues.

Here's my suggestion for the seven statues:

Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsh (the early years)
    The Fearsome Foursome (the 60s)
    Jack Youngblood (the 70s)
    Eric Dickerson running behind Jackie Slater (the 80s)
    Isaac Bruce (the 90s)
    Kurt Warner handing the ball to Marshall Faulk (GSOT/Super Bowl)
    The Tackle (GSOT/Super Bowl)

What do you think?

all great suggestions Av

but i just have a couple suggestions:

-the Hakim catch with Holt running next to him celebrating. I think that play embodies the 1999 season.
    -The bob n' weave!!!!!!!!!!(all the 99' main guys)
    -SJax, i know he's still a ram, but he deserves one.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I have disagreed with AV on numerous occasions, but concur with absolutely everything here. Every suggestion perfectly embodies the various time frames of the Rams franchise. Put em up!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

The statues would be cool. They really need to do something that shows pride. I was a bit disappointed in the EJD when I visited earlier this year.

They don't keep the exterior of the dome as clean as I would have liked to see. Dirty windows, entry ways and frames. It really did not exhibit any pride in ownership. Just for comparison sake, a few blocks away is the St. Louis Branch Federal Reserve Building, the exterior of that building was virtually spotless and they were having the windows cleaned as we walked by.

Another gripe I have with the dome is the ring of honor. They really need to get rid of the az cardinals players up there. It's the Home of the "RAMS" not the az cardinals. I felt a little angry and sad as if the Rams had somehow been cheated out of their history.

NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    The statues would be cool. They really need to do something that shows pride. I was a bit disappointed in the EJD when I visited earlier this year.

They don't keep the exterior of the dome as clean as I would have liked to see. Dirty windows, entry ways and frames. It really did not exhibit any pride in ownership. Just for comparison sake, a few blocks away is the St. Louis Branch Federal Reserve Building, the exterior of that building was virtually spotless and they were having the windows cleaned as we walked by.

Another gripe I have with the dome is the ring of honor. They really need to get rid of the az cardinals players up there. It's the Home of the "RAMS" not the az cardinals. I felt a little angry and sad as if the Rams had somehow been cheated out of their history.

None of the Az cardinals are in the Ring of Fame. The only Cardinals players that are in the Ring are from the St Louis days. While I can understand why someone would think they shouldn't be there, the stadium is in St Louis, as are those particular players. Some of which are, or have been, local celebrities.

gap

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

what for Rams coming back to LA
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post

None of the Az cardinals are in the Ring of Fame. The only Cardinals players that are in the Ring are from the St Louis days. While I can understand why someone would think they shouldn't be there, the stadium is in St Louis, as are those particular players. Some of which are, or have been, local celebrities.

gap
    I know when and where they played. The history moves with the team. They are the az cardinals. They are not Rams, they have never been Rams and they will never be Rams. That's the trouble. They can't embrace the Rams until they let the other go.

Is it the RAMS home or not? If it is then let the cardinals go. If it is not then let the Rams go.

RealRam is offline Registered User

That would be terrific. Might as well go for a nice 10; Rams have been around long enough to merit 10?

Statues need explanatory plaques too (e.g., Fearsome Foursome w/Grier - Brown), anecdote, etc....

1 -- Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsh (the early years)
    2 -- The Fearsome Foursome (the mid-late 60s)
    3 -- Jack Youngblood (the 70s)
    4 -- Eric Dickerson running behind Jackie Slater (the 80s -- and make sure ED has goggles)
    5 -- Isaac Bruce (the 90s)
    6 -- Kurt Warner handing the ball to Marshall Faulk (GSOT/Super Bowl)
    7 -- Mike Jones' 'The Tackle' (GSOT/Super Bowl)
    8 -- Roman Gabriel (NFL MVP '69, going long)
    9 -- [Candidate]
    10 - [Candidate]

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

I know when and where they played. The history moves with the team. They are the az cardinals. They are not Rams, they have never been Rams and they will never be Rams. That's the trouble. They can't embrace the Rams until they let the other go.

Is it the RAMS home or not? If it is then let the cardinals go. If it is not then let the Rams go.
    yeah i agree, if it was a St. Louis ring of honor thats fine but this is the Rams home, for the storied and legendary proud rams.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm a St. Louis guy, and even I don't like that the old Cardinals are up there. The franchise moved. None of those guys are Rams. Let their ring of honor be in the desert, not the banks of the Mississippi.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mh-i is offline Registered User

Yep, great idea just the wrong city. How nice would it be to go to Staples Center and check out the Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Chick Hearn and Wayne Gretzky statues and then walk next store to the Rams new home and check out the Rams statues!
    MoonJoe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Yep, great idea just the wrong city. How nice would it be to go to Staples Center and check out the Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Chick Hearn and Wayne Gretzky statues and then walk next store to the Rams new home and check out the Rams statues!
    So some people have a problem with honoring old St. Louis Cardinals, while others don't think L.A. Rams should be honored in St. Louis.

Therein lies the problem.

Here's how I see it...

I don't have a problem with honoring old St. Louis Cardinals at the EJD, but perhaps it should be done in a separate area, leaving the Ring of Honor for Rams.

As for the statues showing the history of the Rams, they should be located where the Rams are playing which, right now and for the foreseeable future, is St. Louis.

I will add this...

If the Rams were going to do one, and only one, statue, I'd vote for The Tackle.
    gap likes this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

^^^ this. Those names should be (are they?) on a 'ring of honor' at the AZ stadium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    yeah i agree, if it was a St. Louis ring of honor thats fine but this is the Rams home, for the storied and legendary proud rams.
    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm a St. Louis guy, and even I don't like that the old Cardinals are up there. The franchise moved. None of those guys are Rams. Let their ring of honor be in the desert, not the banks of the Mississippi.
    I didn't say I agreed with it, I was just explaining why the names were there. I was also there when they introduce the "Ring". It was intruduced as the "St. Louis" Ring of Honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    So some people have a problem with honoring old St. Louis Cardinals, while others don't think L.A. Rams should be honored in St. Louis.

Therein lies the problem.

Here's how I see it...

I don't have a problem with honoring old St. Louis Cardinals at the EJD, but perhaps it should be done in a separate area, leaving the Ring of Honor for Rams.

As for the statues showing the history of the Rams, they should be located where the Rams are playing which, right now and for the foreseeable future, is St. Louis.
    I agree with this, if the St. Louis Footbal Cardinals are to be honored at the EJD (or whatever St Louis stadium they may play in), they should be in a "St. Louis Football HOF" type section/Room in a "History" area of the stadium.

gap

mh-i is offline Registered User

Have the Cardinals memorial at Busch Stadium. That's where they played.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast