AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Av's Weekly "Looking West" Feature (Week 5)

Given the Rams' current position, I'm going to start a new feature I'm calling Av's Weekly "Looking West" Feature.

Each week, I'll look at the NFC West Standings, and project how the division will look after the week's games.

So, without further adieu...

Current Standings
    Arizona 2-2
    St. Louis 2-2
    Seattle 2-2
    San Francisco 0-4

Week 5 Projections

St. Louis 24 Detroit 20
    Game is @ Detroit. The Lions are due for a win, and have been close in 3 of their 4 games. However, I believe the Rams can run on the Lions, and will also find success with their short passing game. As long as the Rams can limit the big plays by Calvin Johnson and Jahvid Best, I think the Rams will come away with another victory.

New Orleans 31 Arizona 13
    Game is @ Arizona. While the Saints should be relatively pleased with their 3-1 record, the defending champs have yet to have a convincing win. This is the week they get it. The Cardinals are handing the ball over to rookie Max Hall, who will be in over his head. The Saints offense will have little trouble moving the ball on the Cardinals.

Philadelphia 17 San Francisco 16
    Game is in San Francisco. The Niners' hard luck continues this week as Kevin Kolb will get his first win of the year. As much as I liked Mike Singletary as a player, his in-your-face, tough-guy approach to coaching never seems to work in the long run. I also think Alex Smith's time is coming to a close. In the end, I see the Niners' record continuing to lag behind their overall talent level (QB aside).

Seattle - bye week

Projected Standings After Week 5
    St. Loius 3-2
    Seattle 2-2
    Arizona 2-3
    San Francisco 0-5

That's right! I'm going "all in" this week. I think the Rams will gain ground on the entire division. They'll have to, as the second half of the season features some tough road games.

So... how did I do?

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Re: Av's Weekly "Looking West" Feature (Week 5)

Nailed it.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

That would be fine by me.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

I agree with it all.

Our game will be a close one and could go either way, but I'm feeling a Rams win this week.

No chance AZ wins. It'd take a breakdown of epic proportions on the Saints part to lose that game.

I also have no confindence in Kolb to pull off a win on the road, but I have even less confidence in Alex Smith. They've blamed a lot of people and things for his failures, but how much time can you give a guy to prove he's nothing more than the clipboard holder he's destined to be? That being said, this game still could go either way, and I wouldn't be too surprised if the whiners pulled off their first win, but I think they stay winless.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

With injuries to Vick and McCoy I don't see the Eagles pulling off a road victory in Whinerville.

Recall that SF all but had the Saints beat at home but were totally undone by 5 turnovers. Can't believe that'll happen again.

I do agree with Arizona being the essence of suck at this point in time.

Unfortunately, I don't feel very confident with the Rams on the road. Don't really care who the opponent is; I can't get that Oakland debacle out of my head.

Of course a nice dominating win by the RAMS this weekend would go a long way to cleansing my mind of those putrid thoughts!!!

WHAT SAY YE?

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Kevin Kolb looks horrendous out there at QB. I think the niners will get there first win over the Eagles, but I hope I'm wrong.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    Kevin Kolb looks horrendous out there at QB. I think the niners will get there first win over the Eagles, but I hope I'm wrong.
    With Vick out I see the ninners in this one too,,,,,,but I hope I am wrong. As much as I hate the eagles , I hate the ninners more. Sorry Singletary, still love you though.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I would love to see the EAGLES beat the Whiners. I think Singletary would blow a gasket for sure if his team goes to 0-5!

ram3057 is online now Registered User

Seems to be a consensus with the 49er game. I would love to see them lose. I think that it comes down to: Players pissed off at Singletary's antics / Fired up after one of his 'motivational' speeches...
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I agree with all except San Fran will probably edge out the Eagles in a close one and go 1-4

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Don't agree with the Whiners game this week. They're the best 0-4 team out there and the only reason they're 0-4 is because of a bad break last week on that fumble after the INT. They should be 1-3

I think the Whiners beat the Eagles, easily. They will be in this thing before it's over, trust me. ...even with Alex Smith at QB. They have way too much talent. The only way they don't make a move in the next two weeks is if they have a meltdown with Singletary. He's a ticking timebomb, and if they do lose this week, they could be in trouble.

But if it all pans out the way the odds-makers think it will this week, the following Monday could look like this:

Seattle 2-2 bye
    Cards 2-3 loss
    Rams 2-3 loss
    Whiners 1-4 win

...and with the schedule being what it is, and guessing the favs and the dogs the following week, it could look like this if all the favorites win again:

Seattle 2-3 loss at the Bears
    Cards 2-3 bye
    Rams 2-4 loss to the Chargers
    Whiners 2-4 win at home against the Raiders

I still say the winner of this division will be no better than 8-8 but could be as bad as 7-9, or even ....6-10? OMG.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Don't agree with the Whiners game this week. They're the best 0-4 team out there and the only reason they're 0-4 is because of a bad break last week on that fumble after the INT. They should be 1-3

I think the Whiners beat the Eagles, easily. They will be in this thing before it's over, trust me. ...even with Alex Smith at QB. They have way too much talent. The only way they don't make a move in the next two weeks is if they have a meltdown with Singletary. He's a ticking timebomb, and if they do lose this week, they could be in trouble.

But if it all pans out the way the odds-makers think it will this week, the following Monday could look like this:

Seattle 2-2 bye
    Cards 2-3 loss
    Rams 2-3 loss
    Whiners 1-4 win

...and with the schedule being what it is, and guessing the favs and the dogs the following week, it could look like this if all the favorites win again:

Seattle 2-3 loss at the Bears
    Cards 2-3 bye
    Rams 2-4 loss to the Chargers
    Whiners 2-4 win at home against the Raiders

I still say the winner of this division will be no better than 8-8 but could be as bad as 7-9, or even ....6-10? OMG.
    Agree about the Fortyniners, with no Vick they'll get the win against the Eagles.

I'm thinking the Rams will beat the Lions, giving them the confidence to stand toe to toe with the Chargers at the ED.

Rams win division (10-6) Why not???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

swatter555 is offline Registered User

The Rams v. Detriot is a tough one to pick. I really like what Detriot is doing and the people they have. To me this is a pivitol game for the Rams. Right now we are riding high on good play and some luck for a change. It is important for the Rams, even if they lose, not to look flat. They need to go out there and handle the adversity they will face; if they can adapt they can win. We have been doing a good job of that the past couple of weeks. I do think we will edge Detriot this week and both teams will flex some offensive muscles. The past couple of weeks, I have felt Bradford was on the verge of a breakout game. Maybe Sunday is the day.

BigGameHolt81 is offline Registered User

I agree with you on all of the games.

Also, i don't see why all of you think that the niners are going to win this game. I live in philadelphia so while i am watching the rams on Veetle, i have the eagles on the big screen. The eagles and Kevin Kolb are better than everyone gives them credit for. Kolb had a couple great outings last year and only had one bad half against the packers before he was yanked. I think Kolb hits desean Jackson or a TD, Buckley or Celek will find the endzone, and a pick 6 by asante samuel. Eagles will win this game