RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

AZ sports writer comments

Quotes By Jim Skane ASFN

Some quotes by a local AZ sports writer that I found interesting. Some of this my sound familiar.

Kurt Warner had a relatively bad day. I do think he did get rattled and shared the clock management problems with Denny Green. Neither Warner nor Green has ever shown the ability to manage clock. That's a given and may never change. Live with it.
    Where have I heard that before.

Edgerrin James looked slow for the second week in a row. He'll help us more when the oline settles in but I think his best days are behind him.
    And some people think Jackson is worthless. :x

Dennis Green is taking a lot of grief for constantly changing the offensive line but I don't see that he has any other choice. If he wasn't trying to fix it, and stood pat, he'd be ripped for doing nothing. At some point soon, barring injury, Denny will settle on a lineup, and things should improve. I predicted before the season started that it would take until mid-season before the offensive line would be settled.
    Is this the Cards or the Rams?
    Sounds like a tail of two similar teams with the exception that IMO we have better talent.

This should be an interesting game. :l

JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: AZ sports writer comments

Honestly I doubt that Edge has slowed that much from last year to this year, it's obviously the O Line that is slowing him down.

Ramman68 it is weird/scary that those comments are very similar and apply or did apply to our Rams also.

The Jackson bashing has gone on far too long, even though it has toned down lately, some of it was deserved last year but not as much as he got. Right now Jackson is looking great especially behind this patchwork line we have.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -09-22-2006 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The Jackson bashing has gone on far too long, even though it has toned down lately, some of it was deserved last year but not as much as he got. Right now Jackson is looking great especially behing this patchwork line we have.
    I agree, he IS our offense right now. I hate to think where we'd be without him.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    I agree, he IS our offense right now. I hate to think where we'd be without him.
    I've been lucky enough to see the first 2 games. I prob won't get to see this weeks game ..... but Jackson has been a monster carrying tacklers for an extra 4 or 5 yards, I love it. He has also not danced in the backfield very much, and has been better at finding holes. He still needs to improve, but I love what he's been doing so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    Is this the Cards or the Rams?
    Sounds like a tail of two similar teams with the exception that IMO we have better talent.
    I think these two teams are very close in where they are right now. Something has to give. One team is going to take an important step this Sunday and it better be us!

moklerman is offline Registered User

I think the Rams and Cards both have a way to go. If someone looks at their team's schedule right now and sees the Bears or Falcons(or others) they probably think: "It's gonna be tough to win that one" or "We probably won't win that one". If they see the Rams or Cards, they probably think: "we can win that game".

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

The quotes by the AZ sportswriter couldn't have come a better time. All the more reason I believe we have a good shot at winning this game.