throwback week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Back to Square One

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Back to Square One

Right now, the Rams are the worst team in football. It is 2009 all over again. Despite massive efforts to re-tool the o-line, assemble a group of competant wide-outs, draft a franchise QB, obtain a new o-coordinator, this team still stinks. Anyone who is associated with this football team, from the owner to the players to the coaches to the fans should be completely embarrassed- as well as humiliated and totally pissed off.

Don't tell me about injuries. Indianapolis has lost Peyton Manning and they battled last week. Don't tell me about the hapless Chiefs. Their injury situation is worse than ours and they've battled tooth and nail on the road today vs. a San Diego team every bit as good as the Ravens. Don't tell me Tennessee. They beat the Ravens last week. Don't tell me Cincinnati. They have a win. And every team in our division has shown more than we have thus far.

Don't tell me about rebuilding. This is year three. No one expected a Super Bowl this season, but tangible progress was both expected and reasonable. We've seen neither thus far.

There is simply no excuse. We've regressed. At this rate, we'll be lucky to win 3-4 games. Every year is the same. You look for reasons to be positive, try not to be negative or disappointed and still get kicked in the teeth time and time again. It got old a long time ago. Down 27-0 at the half today. Horrendous. Games vs. GB, PItt, Dal, and NO to be played yet. We're awful.

The luster is starting to wear off Spags. This is a guy most of us were happy to have (myself included) and a guy who has prided himself on discipline & fundamental football and we've yet to see it at a time when it is absolutely necessary to have. The scary thing is that we should be better. You look at this team, and despite some obvious holes, we shouldn't be getting beaten by double digits every week and looking sloppy in the process. Either I and a lot of other people have overrated this team or the coaches need to do a better job.

I'm totally depressed. What can one reasonably look forward to on the heels of three dreadful performances-two of which were at home?

Fettmaster is online now Registered User

Re: Back to Square One

It really doesn't look like we've improved from last year at all. We do in fact, look like a worse team than last year, and last year we had a losing record. Its not about 0-3, its about how we got to 0-3. We've looked pathetic every week so far. When is enough enough?

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    It really doesn't look like we've improved from last year at all. We do in fact, look like a worse team than last year, and last year we had a losing record. Its not about 0-3, its about how we got to 0-3. We've looked pathetic every week so far. When is enough enough?
    I agree Fettmaster, it's not the losing it's the way we are losing,how much does this organization expect the fans to take,don't complain when the dome is half full when you put this crappy ass product on the field,the nerf football game in the parking lot before the first game of the season was more interesting than this one.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I did think the Rams would be better than they have showed. I understand about the offense today, but the defense was not the unit I expected. I thought this team was made of more spunk than was shown today. Next week is a must win situation, I still feel the offense will get better , but the D shown nothing today.? NOTHING SPAGS

Fastcat is offline Registered User

You are right its not that we are winless its how we got there. And it wont turn around but i hope we can get some lucky breaks. I can see us winning 2 or 3 games, and if thats the case i say despags needs to be fired.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

No protection, poor coverage, no real pressure until late, dropped balls, = big time loss. A team with such high hopes looks pathetic, again.
    jkramsfan likes this.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

I'm at a loss as to what the Rams can do with this dire situation they find themselves in.
    I'm not so much depressed as overwhelmed with mix emotions. I was depressed 3 years ago, now I'm just stunningly commatosted.
    Spags is in over his head, the only reason he had somewhat of success last year is because of the easy schedule. He could be looking at 1-15 this year again, on his way out the door.
    The next Rams coach will definitely need to be a proven one.

You are so right NJ, there's simply no excuse for not being competitive, especially at home.
    I guess you can at least look forward to division play to see what the Rams can maybe make something happen out of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    I can see us winning 2 or 3 games, and if thats the case i say despags needs to be fired.
    I agree with this assessment.
    jkramsfan likes this.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Oh no!!!! We suck again!!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Spot on post NJ. It's deja vu all over again. I'm going to have a tough time keeping the faith after this game. Everything that could go wrong today, pretty much did go wrong. 3 games into the season, and we're already 2 games behind the whiners. Spags' seat is no doubt heating up. I'm really feeling abused, but I'll be looking for a victory next week against the Skins. What else can I do?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

You guys are right. This week was an absolute embarressment. No-one did good today. Only Donnie Jones did good. Other than that, 44 other players flat out sucked.

I just dont understand how our offense has so much trouble moving the ball. The Bills are 10x worse than us and they continue to throw up 30 points every game. I just dont even understand whats going on anymore.

Not time to throw today. No where to throw when there was time. No where to run. King and Stewart got burnt 3 TIMES by a rookie WR (Smith). Absolutely unacceptable.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

I would disagree that the Bills a 10x worse than the Rams as they are 3-0 with a very convincing win today against the cheatriots.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Please please do not throw out :

Injuries
    schedule
    uniform color
    insert excuse here

There are simply no excuses for the way we look on the field. I was upset last week because I mistakingly thought we were a good team. This wek, I see we are simply pathetic. But, strangely, I am not upset since this territory is so familiar. As A long standing Ram fan, I have been here many times before. Now, I am just sad and I am only upset at myself for believing in the Rams this year and excited about no longer being a door mat. How could I fall for that AGAIN?

And please, Spags has had long enough. look at what harbaugh is doing in SF with a team that has been inept for quite along period of time.
    PARamfan likes this.

jkramsfan Guest

again ? still

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    please please do not throw out :

Injuries
    schedule
    uniform color
    insert excuse here

there are simply no excuses for the way we look on the field. I was upset last week because i mistakingly thought we were a good team. This wek, i see we are simply pathetic. But, strangely, i am not upset since this territory is so familiar. As a long standing ram fan, i have been here many times before. Now, i am just sad and i am only upset at myself for believing in the rams this year and excited about no longer being a door mat. How could i fall for that again?

And please, spags has had long enough. Look at what harbaugh is doing in sf with a team that has been inept for quite along period of time.

quoted for the freaking truth!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast