Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Back Up QB

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Back Up QB

Jamarcus? Really? I would puke if he put on a Rams jersey... Remember, Clemons and Davis are working with a line and Wr's that probably won't be around for another two weeks. They're not good, but Russell? OMG.
    rammiser and citr92 like this.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ManofGod is offline Registered User

In defense of both Clemons & Davis, the O-line they are playing with is horrid at best, however I do not feel that neither would be a viable option if Sam were injured at some point in time this season. I feel that the team would be better served if they were to take a pro-active approach and search for a back-up QB sooner rather than later.
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER likes this.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I am a lot less worried about Clemons than our lack of depth on the o line. If Sammy misses any extended time, its going to be a very long year. Nothing is going to change that at this point.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I was actually saying the same thing earlier tonight, give Jamarcus Russell a shot! Our backup QB's are abysmal. Clemens shouldn't be in the NFL anymore and Davis should never see the field, ever. At least Russell has natural arm talent. The guy can throw 66 yards on his knees! Even if he was a complete idiot, came overweight, and drank sizzurp, I would have 0 doubts that he'd be better than both Davis and Clemens. The best part about all of that is he's clean! Plus he recently lost 50 pounds getting back to training. Bring him in. Easily would be right after Sam on the depth chart once he gets caught up with the offense.

THE DREAM TEAM

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I was actually saying the same thing earlier tonight, give Jamarcus Russell a shot! Our backup QB's are abysmal. Clemens shouldn't be in the NFL anymore and Davis should never see the field, ever. At least Russell has natural arm talent. The guy can throw 66 yards on his knees! Even if he was a complete idiot, came overweight, and drank sizzurp, I would have 0 doubts that he'd be better than both Davis and Clemens. The best part about all of that is he's clean! Plus he recently lost 50 pounds getting back to training. Bring him in. Easily would be right after Sam on the depth chart once he gets caught up with the offense.
    Kyle Boller can throw +80 yards on his knees. Should we sign him? I'd puke over the thought of seeing JaMarcus on Rams jersey. I'm sure there are better options around.
    RealRam likes this.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin' Ram View Post
    Kyle Boller can throw +80 yards on his knees. Should we sign him? I'd puke over the thought of seeing JaMarcus on Rams jersey. I'm sure there are better options around.
    60*, but that's not my sole reason for wanting to bring him in. Jamarcus has so much talent. I don't give a damn about what he did in Oakland. He was dumb and immature, and he still may be. But at the end of the day I'd take a 310 lb immature Jamarcus Russell over Clemens or Davis. There is a reason Jamarcus was drafted #1, and that's because he has/had a legitimate skill-set you can build a franchise QB around. At his best he had an unbelievable arm, was fairly mobile, and could navigate through trash to deliver a pass. He easily has a top 3 arm in this league. I'd take that over these scrubs we got ALL DAY.

THE DREAM TEAM

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    60*, but that's not my sole reason for wanting to bring him in. Jamarcus has so much talent. I don't give a damn about what he did in Oakland. He was dumb and immature, and he still may be. But at the end of the day I'd take a 310 lb immature Jamarcus Russell over Clemens or Davis. There is a reason Jamarcus was drafted #1, and that's because he has/had a legitimate skill-set you can build a franchise QB around. At his best he had an unbelievable arm, was fairly mobile, and could navigate through trash to deliver a pass. He easily has a top 3 arm in this league. I'd take that over these scrubs we got ALL DAY.
    That's exactly what i'm saying we can get him on the cheap also. Someone is gonna give him a chance, and Fisher is the type of coach to handle him.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

We aren't signing Jamarcus Russell, aka the biggest bust in NFL history. Les Snead is our GM. He makes good, sensible decisions. Not these silly fantasies. This is comparable to the time when people around here started clamoring for us to sign Lebron James. Never gonna happen in a million years.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    We aren't signing Jamarcus Russell, aka the biggest bust in NFL history. Les Snead is our GM. He makes good, sensible decisions. Not these silly fantasies. This is comparable to the time when people around here started clamoring for us to sign Lebron James. Never gonna happen in a million years.
    Les Snead brought these two clowns in here. Wanna think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    not only once but he brought Kellen back for a second stint.

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Really So who determined Jamarcus was a bust. The guy didn't live up to his potential, but he has talent. We're not asking him to be a starter, you bring him in on the cheap and he would be a whole lot better than Clemons and Davis, that is the truth. Clemons has had two games to show something, he hasn't. He shown that he doesn't belong in the NFL.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I wonder how Bradford would look with the scrubs that Clemons and Davis played behind? Something to think about.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Really So who determined Jamarcus was a bust.
    You act as if it's not universally acknowledged that he was a huge bust. The guy was drafted first overall and paid over $10 million a year, amassed a career QB rating in the mid 60s, and was out of the league after three seasons.

But since you asked, how about a guy who writes for NFL.com itself?

Russell supplants Leaf atop list of all-time draft busts - NFL.com

The guy was an absolute disaster, and I have no idea why a questionable situation at back-up quarterback would cause Rams fans to completely forget or reinvent history about JaMarcus.

Since expressing his desire to come back to the NFL in January, Russell has had a grand total of one workout. That team, the Bears, elected not to sign him. He was not brought into anyone's training camp - no one in this league views his upside as being great enough to even give him any kind of camp reps.

Picking him up now, expecting him to immerse himself in a pro offense, and master it to the point of efficiently performing as a back-up quarterback is astronomically unlikely.
    Last edited by Nick; -08-18-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

macrammer is offline Registered User

while we are at it, perhaps Lawrence Phillips can get furlough and run the ball for us
    rammiser and ManofGod like this.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Well then Les Snead is an even better GM than I thought, if he was able to bring Kellen Clemons to the team when Billy Devaney was the GM.

All kidding aside, Clemons and Davis have had their moments in the past. Clemons played halfway decent with little to no prep time when he was thrown into the fire at the end of the 2011 season, and Davis played well in preseason last year. Which I would imagine is why the front office felt as though it wasn't an area that needed to be addressed this offseason.

The fact that "it's only week 2 of the preseason and everybody needs to chill out" aside; if neither Clemons or Davis is the answer, I am confident that Snead and Fisher will be addressing that problem in the not too distant future. However, I highly doubt they will be addressing that by adding Jamarcus Russell. He was a disaster on and off the field. Do you really think Jeff Fisher would want any part of a guy like that after the whole Vince Young debacle in Tennessee?
    Last edited by cfh128; -08-18-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast