Thread: Back Up Qb's

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Question Back Up Qb's

How confident are we with the 2 back ups ?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Back Up Qb's

I feel like Bulger needs to play every game or we'll have major issues.:clanram:

STLRAMSFAN Guest

We have a lot better back ups then we had last year. Martin with a full camp and Fitz with the poise he has shown for a rookie. With Bulger we are great without him it would be tough. QB wise we would be better off then we were last year and we would have a better running game to help ease the pain. We could be a good team but it still could mean the difference between a win and a loss in some games.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think if you lose your starting QB, it all but over. We made the playoffs last year and lost Marc for almost 3 games. One more game missed we don't.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

well, I for one never have cared much for Martin. And the thought of a Harvard grad just starting an NFL game is pretty scarry,so, No I'm not big on the back ups! And I will still say Bulger isn't gonna lead us to the promise land either! But I hope he surprises me.:tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    And I will still say Bulger isn't gonna lead us to the promise land either! But I hope he surprises me.:tongue:
    Bulger scares me at times to he never seems to put teams away. When he is close he throws an INT trying to do to much. I am not down on him and I do think he can take us to the promise land but he does scare me at times. He does pull out a lot of close ones or come from behinds but it would be nice to beat a team by a couple touchdowns something we didn’t do at all last year (18games).

In those 18 games last year we beat only 2 teams by more then 10 points (only 1 can you count).

Week 10 - St. Louis 23 Seattle 12 at the ED +11pts

Week 16 - St. Louis 20 Philly 7 at the ED +13pts
    (This game don’t even count because Philly did not even show up)

The game didn't matter to the Eagles (13-2), who saw a six-game winning streak end. They already own home-field advantage in the NFC and played it safe -- running back Brian Westbrook, their prime offensive threat with star wideout Terrell Owens sidelined, was scratched, along with starting tackle Tra Thomas. Donovan McNabb played one series, when the Eagles got their only points.

Their reserves were no match for a Rams squad with its season on the line.

That was our widest margin of victories 13 (Philly no show) and 11 both at home.

I hope this year he shows he can bury a team when he has them down.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-07-2005 at 08:28 PM.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    but it would be nice to beat a team by a couple touchdowns something we didnít do at all last year (18games).
    I would say our defense had a lot to do with that. I think our back up QB's would be ok as long as they weren't asked to do too much. If Bulger goes down, we need to turn into a running team.
    Sprtsmac :football:

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

No One Thought Warner Could Take Us To The Promised Land Either, But Bulger Has A Great Supporting Cast, As Long As He Doesnt Try To Do To Much, He Can Get Us To The Big Game.

St. Louis Rams Super Bowl 40 Champs

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good Q Laram0. I agree that Martin is better prepared this year and so are the Rams WRs.

M Bulger seems to have matured a notch higher at the end of last season. So again, the grand IF in the middle of LIFE ... that is to say, the performance index of our offensive line.

"Go - Go Ram Quarterbacks!"

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The back-ups have shown promise with strong campaigns this August. But keep in mind that Chandler had a great preseason last year, so good in fact that it had a few choice fans suggesting he start the season instead of Marc Bulger. I'd say if I had to guess that we're probably in the upper half of the league in terms of feeling good about what our back-ups can do, but I think every team would hope and pray that these are the players that don't take the field for you this season.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!