Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Bajema agrees to terms

That draft is about as bad as the safety record of the AMC Pacer.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    It was actually Tye Hill,Joe Klopfenstein Claude Wroten,Dom Byrd (& Jon Alston??) in the first three rounds..even worse!!
    Good gracious. I like the Vic pick, and Setterstrom, when healthy, has been adequate. But overall, that 2006 draft has to rank up there with 2000, 1989, & 1982 as the worst in Rams history.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Daddy View Post
    I very much doubt he was brought in to be a starter. For the most part he's a good blocker, but he isn't really much help in short yardage situations. Consider this: Bajema got plenty of playing time over the last 3 seasons, and over those three seasons, the Niners have been absolutely terrible trying to run in short yardage over that time (actually longer than that, but that isn't relevant to Bajema).

Huh? If he's a good blocker then why-according to you-have the Whiners struggled in short-yardage situations over the years? How can he be a "good blocker" and yet not be "much help in short yardage situations"?

Seems to be a contradiction here.

WHAT SAY YE?

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Bajema agrees to terms

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I really hope to see Klop pack and go. I like Fells, and I think he should be the second TE. Bajema should be used for running and blocking purposes. McMichael and Fells should be used for passes.
    i agree with this

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Originally Posted by Mooselini
    I really hope to see Klop pack and go. I like Fells, and I think he should be the second TE. Bajema should be used for running and blocking purposes. McMichael and Fells should be used for passes.

Quote Originally Posted by #39 Fan View Post
    i agree with this
    You may get your wish soon enough. Isn't 2009 the last year of Klop's rookie contract? For some reason I think it is, but i haven't checked...

i can see the sense in keeping him around until his contract runs out. After that though...

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Joe Klopfenstein is Not A Bust! I Think We just Never used Him Right, He can easily bounce back. After watching Some of his HighLights On NFL.COM He Is Not Bad!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Huh? If he's a good blocker then why-according to you-have the Whiners struggled in short-yardage situations over the years? How can he be a "good blocker" and yet not be "much help in short yardage situations"?

WHAT SAY YE?
    Well ... there are supposed to be at the very least 5 O-linemen (along with possibly a FB, up to 2 tight ends and a receiver or two) blocking on short yardage. I don't know how good a blocker Billy B really is, but Spags and Devaney evidently feel he can block. Say what you will, but the whiners blocked us good enough to win both games against us last year ... Hopefully the Bajema signing will pay dividends early and often for SJ. Heck, he might even be able to catch a little bit too ..

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Are we going to pick a part every move the brass makes? I for one am going to wait and see the product on the field before I start second guessing the moves that are being made.

GO RAMS!!!!

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post

WHAT SAY YE?
    Because teams don't usually run an off-tackle play in short-yardage situations; they go up the gut. Unless they inserted Bajema at center, guard or fullback on those plays, I don't know how he could be blamed for their problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7
    Joe Klopfenstein is Not A Bust! I Think We just Never used Him Right, He can easily bounce back. After watching Some of his HighLights On NFL.COM He Is Not Bad!
    Klopfenstein has highlights? Did he do something with his hair?
    Last edited by evil disco man; -03-31-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Ramer is offline Registered User

Great pickup. Bring on the draft!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Isn't Joe Klopfenstein's Highlights kind of like Dexy's Midnight Runner's Greatest Hits?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Isn't Joe Klopfenstein's Highlights kind of like Dexy's Midnight Runner's Greatest Hits?
    Oh, come on Kloppy
    I swear well he means, at this moment you don't catch anything!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Speaking of musical/football oddities,Eileen ta-loo-rah-yay, check out Chip's songwriting prowess, per The PD today:

Ive been writing songs since I was a kid. And this girl in Nashville _ Dayna Lane _ recorded a bunch of my songs, Rosenbloom told the Post-Dispatch. Two of them I wrote with Lauren Christy, and eight other songs made the album, which is called Anything You Want. The single, Ill Keep Believing, is on over a hundred radio stations.

I listened to I'll keep Believing. Treacle pop country but entertaining in a sad way. No offense but Chip seems a bit of a dork & the song is a little sad.Kind of like watching Klop try to block.

The song's on nap-no link-ster.

EDIT: ps Dayna's kinda cute. She's no Michelle The Reheaded Cheerleader but.... I wonder if Chip.....?
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -03-31-2009 at 10:56 PM.

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    If you use your TE's that way, wont it tell the D on the other team what your going to run?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123