Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,017
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Another thing that is bothering me is why Ziggy had to tell the world that this deal would have made Jackson one of the highest paird backs? To me he is just trying to make Jackson look bad to Rams fans by saying that. Why couldnt he just say they havnt seen eye to eye yet and Jackson would be getting fined for not showing up to camp. By throwing in the top backs comment he already has many of you blaming Jackson. Like Nick said this contract may be money wise in the top backs category but what if it's all back loaded and he wont see most of it? Sometimes you just have to see it for what it is, they havnt agreed on terms yet. This happens all the time and good guys hold out all the time. Good guys threaten to hold out, not everyone is a T.O. or a Chad Johnson because they holdout. I don't like holdouts either but the front office could have made it a point to get him signed to avoid this kind of thing.

    I blame both sides because this is not good for either side. It's kind of like a group of workers striking it really is never good for either side and could damage a relationship forever. I sure would hate to see Jackson say screw you and play this year and then want to leave. What is so attractive about the Rams right now for Jackson? That great 3-13 season? The lack of attendance for home games? According to most so called expert another losing season? Even Barry Sanders one of the greatest running backs ever walked away from the game because he couldnt stand losing anymore. Just give the guy the money he deserves which is top 5 money not more than Tomlinson but right up there and get him in camp and keep the comments in house for now. Funny how Jackson is so mouthy yet I dont hear him coming out and saying why he didnt sign the dotted line.

    Just Fix It

  2. #17
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,595
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser
    I don't like holdouts either but the front office could have made it a point to get him signed to avoid this kind of thing.
    miser, I hear you; and I'm not saying you (or anyone in agreement with you) are wrong. But in reality, both sides did reach an agreement..........to a 5 year contract, 4 years ago.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  3. #18
    Yodude's Avatar
    Yodude is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The State of Confusion
    Posts
    1,027
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Wrong, let's say he gets injured while practicing, then what?
    That's a totally invalid argument.

    He's under contract...if he gets injured, he gets injured and gets paid while recovering.

    Your argument holds water only for a player who's contract has expired and he hasbn't signed a new one. In that situation, I'd be totally on the side of the player.

    Are you implying that no one should show up to training camp because they "might" get injured?
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

  4. #19
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,017
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    miser, I hear you; and I'm not saying you (or anyone in agreement with you) are wrong. But in reality, both sides did reach an agreement..........to a 5 year contract, 4 years ago.
    I agree your right and I see your point, he is under contract. I dont think he needs to holdout either because unless the Rams front office is completely stupid they will sign this guy to a huge contract. He should just save his 15 g's a day and let his agent and Ziggy work it out behind closed doors, not in the media like Ziggy is turning it into.
    Just Fix It

  5. #20
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,595
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser
    He should just save his 15 g's a day and let his agent and Ziggy work it out behind closed doors, not in the media like Ziggy is turning it into.
    Ultimately, I bet that's exactly what happens here. And in a show of "goodwill", the FO may even forget about some portion or all of the penalty money accrued.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  6. #21
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I agree your right and I see your point, he is under contract. I dont think he needs to holdout either because unless the Rams front office is completely stupid they will sign this guy to a huge contract. He should just save his 15 g's a day and let his agent and Ziggy work it out behind closed doors, not in the media like Ziggy is turning it into.
    And therein lies the problem. Ziggy, who honestly should no longer be allowed to negotiate because of his previous bad decisions, is negotiating. Given the team's recent track record, Ziggy should be thankful that Jackson is talking to the Rams at all, and work to get a deal done.

    I'm more on Jackson's side. It's nice to play the loyalty card...but the card doesn't exactly work when you see guys like Ike in things like a ***** uniform thanks to this front office's decision making.

  7. #22
    RedArcher7's Avatar
    RedArcher7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    626
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    What the heck, stars that hold out don't usually get fined. There's always the option but that makes the player mad and less likley to agree to your terms.

    Saying they're going to make him "among the top paid" doesn't mean a thing. That could be top half of starters, or top out of Oregon State with dreadlocks and a commercial you can't remake in Madden. Regardless he signed for 5 years, and 4 is still less than 5, ergo he should be in camp.

    The man we should be mad at is Donnie Avery. Rookie punk, second round pick doesn't show to camp.

  8. #23
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,394
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Saturday night. I don't want to see this get ugly, none of us do. I'm just hoping something will get resolved THIS week with SJ, be it tomorrow (Sunday) or by Friday.

    As mentioned earlier, Jax is a good man and I hope and trust he will remain one. 'Fact is, I too believe he should be with the team NOW, yesterday even.

    I also think the Rams are right in requiring his presence in order to continue negotiations. Several posts have made this point a very valid one, IMO.
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-26-2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Format

  9. #24
    CaliGirlRamsFan's Avatar
    CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Wrong, let's say he gets injured while practicing, then what? They'll say let's wait and see how he heals. This is going backfire on Zygmunt, it's not like they don't know what they have in Jackson. In my opinion he should be the highest paid back in the league, not in the same area. He has proven what threat he is, and what kind of player he is. They need to get it done, and start negotiating with him in good faith. Not the other way around. You reward the players that perform for you, you don't hold them over a barrel. I'm not saying you handle all players this way, but Jackson deserves to be treated better than that. Just because someone offers you money doesn't mean you have to take it.
    Please explain how better he can be treated?

    "Zygmunt said the team made an offer Thursday night that would place Jackson within the group of the league’s highest-paid running backs. "

    Sorry, but I only read down to this one and got disgusted.

  10. #25
    CaliGirlRamsFan's Avatar
    CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I agree your right and I see your point, he is under contract. I dont think he needs to holdout either because unless the Rams front office is completely stupid they will sign this guy to a huge contract. He should just save his 15 g's a day and let his agent and Ziggy work it out behind closed doors, not in the media like Ziggy is turning it into.
    OK, I know I am just a girl on here, and you all are more experienced than I am. Ziggy is stating a fact, how else would anyone have known?

    Faulk would have never pulled this crap. This makes me wonder how he will play this year. Jackson can be hard headed, and I love his skill, but his ass should be in camp learning the new offense instead of acting like a baby.

    Jackson is not the greatest thing to have ever happened to this team, and his heart is apparently not with this team. Hell Bruce will alway's love his Rams, and you will hear it loud and clear when he runs into Edward Jone's.

    Jackson may not get the same response after this one, and I for one thought we were heading into a season with no drama.

    Just a girls point of view.
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -07-27-2008 at 02:03 AM.

  11. #26
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,017
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    OK, I know I am just a girl on here, and you all are more experienced than I am. Ziggy is stating a fact, how else would anyone have known?

    Faulk would have never pulled this crap. This makes me wonder how he will play this year. Jackson can be hard headed, and I love his skill, but his ass should be in camp learning the new offense instead of acting like a baby.

    Jackson is not the greatest thing to have ever happened to this team, and his heart is apparently not with this team. Hell Bruce will alway's love his Rams, and you will hear it loud and clear when he runs into Edward Jone's.

    Jackson may not get the same response after this one, and I for one thought we were heading into a season with no drama.

    Just a girls point of view.
    Didnt Faulk pull crap like this when he was with Indy? Please lets not go down that road. You act like good guys never holdout. Like I stated before and I cant remember which 80 it was but either Bruce or Ellard held out at one point, were those guys hearts not in it?
    Just Fix It

  12. #27
    CaliGirlRamsFan's Avatar
    CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Didnt Faulk pull crap like this when he was with Indy? Please lets not go down that road. You act like good guys never holdout. Like I stated before and I cant remember which 80 it was but either Bruce or Ellard held out at one point, were those guys hearts not in it?
    To the point where they missed training camp? Steven is not learning the book, being fined, and not showing up when he is still under contract.

    Is his heart in it?

    I say No. Why hold out now? He has a great offer on the table. He is causing you, me, the fans and the team drama that will never be forgotten.

    I'm just a girl ya know, so I will shut up and not post on the subject.

  13. #28
    thoey's Avatar
    thoey is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,053
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    CaliGirl, you have to learn to take criticism with a grain of salt on a sports forum. We are not going to agree all the time, even if we are on the same team.

    As to SJax, I understand that the offered contract may not be to his liking. But since you are still under contract for this year, you make your disgruntled comments from the sidelines at training camp.
    This space for rent...

  14. #29
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,017
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    To the point where they missed training camp? Steven is not learning the book, being fined, and not showing up when he is still under contract.

    Is his heart in it?

    I say No. Why hold out now? He has a great offer on the table. He is causing you, me, the fans and the team drama that will never be forgotten.

    I'm just a girl ya know, so I will shut up and not post on the subject.
    How do you know the contract offer was so great? Because Ziggy said he was offered top five money? What if that contract was backloaded and was full of money he would never see if they released him in 3 years or renegotiated in 3 years? Can't always beleive what you hear and Ziggy's plan worked he is turning fans against Jackson by saying those three words top 5 back.

    I'm just curious if all players who hold out means their heart isnt in the game or does that only go for Jackson? A lot of good even great players holdout and I dont think it meant their heart wasnt in it.
    Just Fix It

  15. #30
    RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,071
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Balzer Blog- Burton Shines/No SJ Negotiations until he shows up

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    How do you know the contract offer was so great? Because Ziggy said he was offered top five money? What if that contract was backloaded and was full of money he would never see if they released him in 3 years or renegotiated in 3 years? Can't always beleive what you hear and Ziggy's plan worked he is turning fans against Jackson by saying those three words top 5 back.
    I'd just like to clear up something. While I absolutely do think Jackson should end the holdout and get to camp immediately I'm not saying that he should take the offer, even though Zygmunt says it makes him a top-5 paid back in the league. As other people have said, and you say it here too, it's not just the money, it's how it's structured also, how much is guaranteed etc., contracts are sometimes constructed in a way where it is clear the team plans to cut and renegotiate at some point before the end of the deal so it may not be as beneficial as it appears at first.

    He shouldn't neccessarily take the deal, I just think he should be in camp preparing for the season while his agent is negotiating further. Taking the deal and being at camp should be 2 separate issues IMO, because he's still under contract from his last signing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Keenan Burton is one happy camper !!
    By MauiRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -07-19-2008, 11:14 AM
  2. Burton Agrees to Terms
    By cfh128 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -07-04-2008, 06:05 AM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: -04-28-2008, 06:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •