RamWraith is offline Registered User

Balzer on the radio

A couple of quick notes that Howard made on the radio after getting a chance to interview Haslett.

Haslett said enjoyed getting back to x's and o's

Said the thing that impresses him most about Linehan is that he always thinks first/ask advice before reacting and never acts rashly.

Very pleased with the progress of the defense Has installed 64 blitzes so far.

This is the smartest and most willing defense he's ever been around

Says Spoon will be a better mlb than he ever was as olb

Player that surprised him the most was Travis Fisher's play (Howard surmised it is probably from seeing film of Fisher last year compared to actually seeing him play in person)

Will start Victor Adenjayu on Saturday in place of LL because Leonard has a small injury that they want to rest.

Having a lot of the same coaches that he's worked with before made putting in the defense way faster.

Very pleased with Anthony Hargrove and Jimmy Kennedy but especially with Hargrove's willingness and improvements in all of the areas that he worked with him on starting in the off-season

Curious to see how the defense will re-act if a team tries to wear them down with a strong sustained running attack during a game.

Howard noted that both coordinator's will be available at a press conference once a week after rams games.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Balzer on the radio

Just for reference this was posted by MERCCLASS on RRF.com.

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    Says Spoon will be a better mlb than he ever was as olb

Very pleased with Anthony Hargrove and Jimmy Kennedy but especially with Hargrove's willingness and improvements in all of the areas that he worked with him on starting in the off-season
    I'm intrigued by both of these notes. I would think Haslett, having watched 'Spoon at least twice a year as opposition in the NFC South, would definitely have a good feel of what he can do, which I'm sure was a huge reason why he was brought here to begin with. I'm glad to hear Haslett is confident with Witherspoon in that role, since many of us questioned how a smaller MLB would do.

As for Hargrove and Kennedy, also pretty good news. These are two guys that I really think need to separate themselves from their average pasts and break out this season. Hopefully this new scheme will have both of them playing at their best.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Spoon a better MLB then OLB? Then its pro bowl for Spoon. I cant wait to see the guy play properly in the horns.

Im liking the improvements of Kennedy and Hargrove, if they can at least be above average then the Rams DL will be quite good considering that you have Glover and Little alongside them.

What im most intrigued about is seeing Adeyanju go against a first team OL. He showed promise against Indy's backups, so it will be good to see if he has the ability to contribute much this year.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Things sound pretty positive so far for the D. I like hearing that Haslett is comfortable in his old role. I was worried that there might be some friction between he and Linehan. I think the LB's well have a better showing this year, and it seems as if the D line will be improved as well. I'm still not as confident in the secondary yet; hopefully we can see some improvement this week.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey