coy bacon is offline Registered User

The Baptism of Fire

Ya'll know that Bill Walsh went 2-14 his first season as a HC? 6-10 the next. The father of our great pain had an atrocious start!

I copied the 2 coach Linehan quotes below from JRams' post. I believe that how Linehan deals with the failure of this season will determine in part his success next year. Talk is cheap, but he is saying the right things. I like it that he is not playing the blame game and venting frustration in public. I like it that he is still trying to learn from the failures. And I like it that he intends to play the remaining games all out.

Don't lose heart my fellow Clannies.

1)
    (On how the Rams plan to approach the next game)

“You just approach it like the opening game of the season. It’s the next game we play and it’s very important for our team to improve this week and overcome a tough game. We’re finding out a lot about ourselves and we’re still finding out a lot about the players and people within this organization and how we’re handling these and handling these tough times because we see brighter days ahead. By playing well and reacting after this tough game is something we can build on and focusing on this game is really where we are.”

2)
    (On what the Rams are playing for the rest of the season)

“Until someone tells me any different, we’re still playing for everything. Stranger things happen and we’re going to play it out that way. Guys are getting those opportunities based on injuries and things like that anyway. We’re constantly evaluating ourselves, being evaluated, and we’re evaluating each other and finding out how we can get ourselves on the right track. That’s part of the everyday battle we’re under right now.”

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: The Baptism of Fire

Ya'll know that Bill Walsh went 2-14 his first season as a HC? 6-10 the next.
    I did not know that.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Amen.

Give Linehan and staff a chance to remold this team. Their second year at the helm should give us an indication of direction and promise. I believe we'll improve, and I'm willing to wait. I waited about 30 years for our first Superbowl, I guess I can wait two more for number two...
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Excellent post Coy...I tried to rep ya, but I guess I need to spread the love around first.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

I'll be waiting until the end of next season to make a real judgment on Linehan. We should win 3-4 more games next year if he is to take us on the right track.

thoey is offline Registered User

Coy, was going to give you positive rep (this time), but it has been too soon...

Nice post.
    This space for rent...