psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Barron and Carter tibits

July 25, 2005

First-round draft pick Alex Barron is eventually expected to have the biggest impact among the Ramsí rookies this season, but our sources at Rams Park tell us that the new kid on the block who has made the most positive impression heading into training camp was fourth-round draft pick Jerome Carter. Not only did the safety out of Florida State score instant points by becoming the first rookie to sign a pro contract this season. Carter has also packed an eye-opening wallop in offseason drills and has come across as a no-nonsense grinder with the same natural leadership skills that earned him rave reviews from his teammates and coaches at FSU. Carter said he signed quickly because he refused to let his contract situation become a distraction. Although both free-agent addition Michael Stone and fellow rookie O.J. Atogwe might be better bets at the moment for the starting safety job opposite Adam Archuleta, Carter is still expected to see plenty of action in the secondary and on special teams.

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Barron and Carter tibits

Carter said he signed quickly because he refused to let his contract situation become a distraction
    This automatically makes him a favorite for this fan. There are far too many athletes that jump at the chance to make their contract a distraction (see: T.O.)
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

gap Guest

Re: Barron and Carter tibits

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Carter said he signed quickly because he refused to let his contract situation become a distraction.
    I may have to get a jersey with his number on it. It will have to have the whole name so that no one will cunfuse me with a kevin carter fan (even though it won't be the same number).

gap