Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Barron and FB Kreider stink it up!

I saw Barron get easily manhandled on a play that ended up with a
    very quick sack of Bulger. It wasn't a blitz or someone coming from out of position - it has his man, head-up and obvious and he was thrown back like a rag doll.

A DB beat Kreider easily ending up in another sack of Bulger. I was shocked to see a FB - A FULLBACK - that blocked so poorly. These guys are only chosen on their Blocking skills. He saw the DB all the way, just couldn't block him, not close.

Two guys that bear watching.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Barron and FB Kreider stink it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    I saw Barron get easily manhandled on a play that ended up with a
    very quick sack of Bulger. It wasn't a blitz or someone coming from out of position - it has his man, head-up and obvious and he was thrown back like a rag doll.

A DB beat Kreider easily ending up in another sack of Bulger. I was shocked to see a FB - A FULLBACK - that blocked so poorly. These guys are only chosen on their Blocking skills. He saw the DB all the way, just couldn't block him, not close.

Two guys that bear watching.

Get off Barrons back, one play and he gets beat! What about the other 50 or so snaps? That right, a solid job by AB! and he's only getting better too! Though Kreider WHO? I'll agree that this FB is GARBAGE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

That Kreider play was awful. If I'm not mistaken that was the play where Wilson blew right by him for the sack and fumble and cost us 3 points. We really need a true blocking FB in the worst way, and we have had this need ever since the incredibly boneheaded decision by Linehan to go with Richard Owens (who?) instead of keeping Hedgecock. For several years I have been unable to understand why the coaches don't see the need for a true blocking FB to pave the way for Steven Jackson, I guarantee it would result in more rushing yards. But instead we have tried various H-back options etc. etc. focused on getting flexible FB's who can catch and run and sing and play the banjo and whatever - how about getting someone who can block?

We need to grab a young blocking FB, late in the draft or even an undrafted free agent, it doesn't have to cost much at all. Just someone with a body that can take the hits and the correct smashmouth mentality.

Rant over. It's a real pet peeve of mine, getting a proper FB on this team.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I might be in the mniority here but I really dont think Barron is that bad of a player. His penalties get a bit annoying but for the most part in my opinion he is a good blocker. Kreider can hit the streets immediately. He whiffs on a block getting Bulger nearly killed and causing a fumble and he also made a half arse attempt on a swing pass by Bulger that if he caught could have resulted in a first down.

Corey Chavous has to go this year also, on the missed int by Wade, Chavous sort of slowed down and then realized Urban didnt get tackled and by then it was to late to get him. The guy is past his prime and really brings nothing to the table anymore.

Dante Hall, one week he does well and another week he looks completely freaking lost. Sometimes I wish the guy would just run straight ahead instead of getting to the 15 and running around. He consistantly put this team inside our own 20 on kickoffs and then gets hurt AGAIN.

I was pretty nervous about this game and it went about how I thought it would. The Cardinals are a terrible matchup for us because we dont get much pressure and when you dont pressure Warner he will pick you apart. Notice in the beginning of the game when the d-line was actually getting close, Warner wasnt as effective. Then bang no pressure and Warner starts lighting us up. Our blitzes for this game were inneffective and poorly designed as well. You need to blitz Warner up the gut yet I seen our linebackers looping around the outside which took too long and Warner had already easily found his target.

I think a big time offensive and defensive lineman are in order for the upcoming draft. Glover needs to be replaced, he has heart and gives good effort but we need a young stud to replace him. Along the offensive line our interior sucks. Why the two rookies we drafted are never considered is beyond me. Bell and Leckey get beat easliy by dt's on a regular basis throwing off the timing of plays and getting Bulger hit a lot. Even on run blocking yesterday there seemed to be a guy in the backfield awaiting Jax or Pittman for a 3 or 4 yd loss.
    Just Fix It

RockinRam is offline Registered User

If Haslett does not make the decision to actually activate Scheuning and Greco, and let them have their chance on the line, I will be most pissed off. Week after week, our o-line shows that they are NOT capable of giving decent pass protection steadily. Yes they get a couple good blocks once in a while, but they have to be consistent! I mean seriously, Kreider, how hard is it to block a DB??! Get your arse in front of him and wall him off or something, seriously!

We need a major upgrade in FB, like I have been saying, and we need to give our two young o-linemen a chance.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

I agree that Kreider stinks- he's not really much of an upgrade over Rich Owens and the dude can't catch- he's dropped every ball that Bulger has thrown to him. As for Barron- I'm not a big fan, but I think the biggest weakness is in the interior of the line. Cogs, Leckey, and Bell are sucking up the joint. Perfect example was on that 4th and one where they got blown up and Pittman was tackled for a loss. You need to be able to get a yard there. I'm sick of hearing about how Cogs is a beast- the guy has shown absolutely nothing and Leckey shouldn't be a starter in the NFL- why they keep leaving him in there is beyond me. As for Bell- looks like another free agent bust- the only thing he's good for is the occasional holding penalty at really bad times. It doesn't look like the Titans are missing a beat without him- maybe it was the system.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I agree that Kreider stinks- he's not really much of an upgrade over Rich Owens and the dude can't catch- he's dropped every ball that Bulger has thrown to him. As for Barron- I'm not a big fan, but I think the biggest weakness is in the interior of the line. Cogs, Leckey, and Bell are sucking up the joint. Perfect example was on that 4th and one where they got blown up and Pittman was tackled for a loss. You need to be able to get a yard there. I'm sick of hearing about how Cogs is a beast- the guy has shown absolutely nothing and Leckey shouldn't be a starter in the NFL- why they keep leaving him in there is beyond me. As for Bell- looks like another free agent bust- the only thing he's good for is the occasional holding penalty at really bad times. It doesn't look like the Titans are missing a beat without him- maybe it was the system.

I do not know why Leckey is still a starter on our team. Haslett should be smarter than Linehan. Linehan plugged Leckey in there because Leckey showed "great character" and is a "hard worker."

I don't really care if you're a player with great character. If you cannot block the guy in front of you, we could care less about your character. You are getting paid to block, not to show character. Half of these guys Linehan brings in "show great character" but cannot do what they're supposed to do on the field.

If Leckey MUST be a starter, plug him in the FB position or something. Put Scheuning or Greco at Center.