Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Barron is an Idiot !

Barron knows he was quickly demoted by the Rams, and HE knows that he was one of the only NFL rookies that opted to NOT REPORT to rookie camp. He still is not reporting. His agent works for him and has to do what his client wants - PERIOD.

Martz says Barron won't be ready to contribute in any way by the season opener.. And Martz means as a backup, Martz has already said openly that Barron was lost and has terrible techique.

Mavy Levy said on ESPN radio, that Barron, with his Poor technique, will be virtually useless this year if he doesn't report soon. He said the coaching staff moves on and Barron will be left to learn mostly next training camp.

It seems Barron has no urgency about anything, if you remember he classified himself as a laid back player at the NFL draft.

Re: Barron is an Idiot !

yep, your not far wrong with that post. I am sorry to say

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Do You Guys Think This Was Right Pick From The Draft?
    Last edited by dgr828; -08-07-2005 at 10:03 AM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Does he even want to play in the NFL?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dgr828 is offline Registered User

we've been through this before(hold-outs).I'm sure he wants to play in the NFL, I just hope he pans out whenever He and the Rams come to some middle ground.

There is some panic setting in here.

Martz is obviously in panic mode but can you blame him. I agree that the agent is in the wrong here. Lets get him in and working.

Its looking very like he wont play any part this season

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    There is some panic setting in here.

Martz is obviously in panic mode but can you blame him. I agree that the agent is in the wrong here. Lets get him in and working.

Its looking very like he wont play any part this season
    If this is going to be the case then the Rams should cut him and not waste any money on him.Draft another RT next year.Wish we would have taken Kalif Barnes.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    HE knows that he was one of the only NFL rookies that opted to NOT REPORT to rookie camp. He still is not reporting.
    It should be noted though that basically every rookie without a contract has not reported - Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Cedric Benson, Adam Jones, Antrel Rolle, David Pollack, and Erasmus James. Many of those guys, like Barron, were drafted with the intention of them making immediate contributions, so we're not in this boat alone. The problem for Barron is that the two people in front of him in the pecking order have not signed. If Pollack and James signed, I don't think it would be long before Barron signs.

That said, looking at Marcus Spears' contract, I'm sure there's a reasonable figure the Rams and Barron's agent can come to agree on, just bumping the numbers up a bit. If they're being held up because they want to see what the guys above Barron sign for, then I blame both parties. I maintain that if the Rams truly wanted Barron in camp as badly as they seem to, they could make it happen with a contract that gives the kid a little more money. Maybe approach him as if he were the 17th overall pick and go on the contracts of the two Johnson's.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    If this is going to be the case then the Rams should cut him and not waste any money on him.Draft another RT next year.Wish we would have taken Kalif Barnes.
    Yikes, can't say I agree with that knee-jerk reaction at all. Did you notice how far Barnes, once discussed as a first round pick that could be drafted ahead of Barron or Brown, fell on draft day? I'm glad we didn't take him in our slot, one, because I was never very impressed with him as a high talent candidate, and two, because we need top talent ability at right tackle, and that's either Barron or Brown. That said, even if Barron doesn't play this season, we'll already have him for next, so spending another first round pick on a RT next year would be a waste.

I think we need to gain some perspective on the situation. Robert Gallery, who I think is probably a better tackle than Barron, had problems adjusting to the right side of the line when he was put there, and also played a bit of left guard. I think the fans fooled themselves (and Martz certainly helped) into thinking Barron could make an immediate impact. Who knows, maybe he could have... had his agent got a deal done for him to get in camp on time.

We should find his agent's contact info and start flooding it with messages. hone:
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Yikes, can't say I agree with that knee-jerk reaction at all. Did you notice how far Barnes, once discussed as a first round pick that could be drafted ahead of Barron or Brown, fell on draft day? I'm glad we didn't take him in our slot, one, because I was never very impressed with him as a high talent candidate, and two, because we need top talent ability at right tackle, and that's either Barron or Brown. That said, even if Barron doesn't play this season, we'll already have him for next, so spending another first round pick on a RT next year would be a waste.

Look something has to be done with these guys.Knee jerk or not.Why cant they participate in camp while their working on their contracts.Give him about 100,000 to workout untill his contract is finished.This could make him an asset instead of a bench warmer.The way the NFL lets this happen is just plain stupid.Tag. needs to work with the Team owners to come up with some regs. to make all parties,AND FANS HAPPY.

Why cant they participate in camp while their working on their contracts.Give him about 100,000 to workout untill his contract is finished.
    He's not in camp without a contract because of the HUGE RISK associated with something like that. Barron's lined up to make millions of dollars, both in salary and guaranteed bonuses. Imagine if he goes into camp without a contract and tears something in his knee. He'd never get a contract from the Rams or any other organization for what he would have gotten prior to the injury.

So if you're looking for a reason, that's it. And I think Barron is more than justified to use that reason when supporting his not being in camp until a contract is done.

The way the NFL lets this happen is just plain stupid.
    That I agree with. Wagoner's soapbox speech about it not too long ago was something I would really like to see looked at.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Does he even want to play in the NFL?
    Just don't let him near ricky williams, he be smoking the pipe and then he will really be layed back(on his back)
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    He's not in camp without a contract because of the HUGE RISK associated with something like that. Barron's lined up to make millions of dollars, both in salary and guaranteed bonuses. Imagine if he goes into camp without a contract and tears something in his knee. He'd never get a contract from the Rams or any other organization for what he would have gotten prior to the injury.

So if you're looking for a reason, that's it. And I think Barron is more than justified to use that reason when supporting his not being in camp until a contract is done.

That I agree with. Wagoner's soapbox speech about it not too long ago was something I would really like to see looked at.
    So he gets his contract.Then he blows out his knee is ok.

So he gets his contract.Then he blows out his knee is ok.
    Is it okay if he comes to camp without a contract, blows out his knee, and loses millions of dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Is it okay if he comes to camp without a contract, blows out his knee, and loses millions of dollars?
    Or,if he blows out his knee and the Rams lose millions of dollars.

Or,if he blows out his knee and the Rams lose millions of dollars.
    That's why some of the guaranteed money in Barron's contract will probably come as roster bonuses down the line, and not all up front in one big signing bonus, and also why the salary is back-loaded.

Barron WOULD be an idiot if he showed up in camp without a contract and went against defenders in one on one drills, risking injury without any kind of contract with the organization.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast