Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Barron - Just the latest scapeRam

I've finally learned to accept an inescapable truth...

Sports fans aren't happy unless they have something to overreact about.

For Ram fans, the latest in a long line of scapeRams is Alex Barron. Let's start with the facts. Barron undoubtedly struggled at minicamp. He has now missed nearly two weeks of training camp while his agent haggles over his contract.

There is no doubt that this holdout will hinder Barron in his ability to learn the Rams offense and to ascend to his intended role as the starting RT.

But, as could easily have been predicted, Ram fans are overreacting. On this board and others, I've read comments ranging from calling Barron an idiot, proclaiming him a "bust," predicting that he'll never be able to become a starter this year, that he's too laid back and doesn't want to play, and even suggesting that the Rams trade him!

Come on, now.

We all know he'll sign within the next week or two, and that he'll be competing for the starting RT role before long. Have we really become so impatient that we're going to go nuts over the fact that he's not on the field for the first intra-squad scrimmage?

Apparently so.

Well, I'm just going to sit back, relax, and have faith that this will work itself out.

Anyone who wishes to join me is welcome.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Barron - Just the latest scapeRam

better for you to sit back and relax, Bulger will not be afforded that much time in the pocket. Like Martz says "We're moving on" if this situation doesn't work itself out soon.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, I'm just going to sit back, relax, and have faith that this will work itself out.
    Maybe Mike Martz should have followed this strategy. He has enough to worry about without starting a national crusade against sports agents.

Chiledog is offline Registered User

He has enough to worry about without starting a national crusade against sports agents.
    Agreed, he has a lot more to worry about, and those worries are much more important to the team as a whole. However, I'm very happy with Martz's crusade against sports agents. IMHO they are doing nothing but hurt the great game of football.
    "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie', until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

Chiledog is offline Registered User

True, but how else can we vent and spend our time during the frustrating offseason?
    "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie', until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I've finally learned to accept an inescapable truth...

For Ram fans, the latest in a long line of scapeRams is Alex Barron. Let's start with the facts. Barron undoubtedly struggled at minicamp. He has now missed nearly two weeks of training camp while his agent haggles over his contract.

There is no doubt that this holdout will hinder Barron in his ability to learn the Rams offense and to ascend to his intended role as the starting RT.

But, as could easily have been predicted, Ram fans are overreacting. On this board and others, I've read comments ranging from calling Barron an idiot, proclaiming him a "bust," predicting that he'll never be able to become a starter this year, that he's too laid back and doesn't want to play, and even suggesting that the Rams trade him!

Come on, now.

We all know he'll sign within the next week or two, and that he'll be competing for the starting RT role before long. Have we really become so impatient that we're going to go nuts over the fact that he's not on the field for the first intra-squad scrimmage?

Apparently so.

Anyone who wishes to join me is welcome.
    As much as I would LOVE to join you, the fact of the matter is that Barron was drafted to fill a GAPING HOLE in our O-line.
    Is Barron there to plug it?
    No.

Did he have trouble grasping the offense during OTA's? Yes

Was he demoted to the #2's for this difficulty?
    Yes.

Does this mean he needs all the help he can get, just to earn a roster spot?
    Yes.

Is he there now, earning a spot?
    No.

Are we over-reacting, as fans, to this holdout?
    Probably. But the health of our QB, and the team as a whole are what's at stake here, so perhaps a sense of urgency is warranted.

It is day THIRTEEN and counting......

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

RealRam is offline Registered User

Overreacting? I don't think so. Are the St. Louis Rams overreacting? I don't think so.

I believe that most of the Ram fans, at least as reflected in ClanRam, are expressing a legitimate frustration that comes as a result of having expected more from AB, i.e., a quicker response and show-up of Alex Barron at the training camp ... as a 1st pick and, as Scidog just mentioned, to fill a dire need in the OL (or to help there).

To me, it's sad that after all the happy hoopla of being selected 1st by an NFL team the newbie/rookie just doesn't show up due to so called contract delays. It's nothing new, of course, but I still think it is an ugly fly in the precious ointment.

That is why I am so ticked off by our boy's "agent"!

But hey, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Nor is anyone in our front office.

The general idea is that The Barron wishes he were present at the training camp and working hard just like everybody else, fulfilling their duty.

But as concluded by those that know and understand the pattern, it is the agent that has thrown in the junkie wrench in the training camp mechanism. How fast has this Barnes become infamous.

That is why Jackie Slater is there right now -- no, make that since two weeks ago. To utilize the time available for the green elements to LEARN and PRACTICE.

Rep after rep. :angryram:

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Cut him, trade him,Or deadline him.send a message thoughout the NFL.Rookies will not hold our teams hostage.

:mask:
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

A good remedial measure, Psycho. I like that!

Concerning these rediculous 'impasse' situations, something will give in and by next season it will probably be implemented.

Agents like Roosevelt Barnes come across like mafia 'gofers', sleezy representatives and/or like highly unpleasant individuals.

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity ... nothing else matters.

mmm, there are now two issues brought up on this thread.

1) do you sit back and relax?
    2) Mike Martz and his crusade.

well, 1) I would tend to sit back and relax but thats just my style. I fully undersand the frustration of the fans, media and coaches (and no doubt the Ram QB's as well) about this situation. A little venting never did anyone any harm, eh AV

2) Mike Martz and his crusade (LOL) Well I for one am all behind the big guy. Its about time someone stood up to these prats. Nuff said

RamTime Guest

It's true and I join you however lret's not forget the medias role in the over-reaction.

gap Guest

Put a clause in his contract that says he gets double pay if he is starting by game 1, and half pay if he is not srating by game 3.

If he isn't contributing by the start of the season, PUP him.

gap

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

This whole thing (and others) are a product of a bad system and greedy agents.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, good for Martz. He didn't slam the player, he just slammed the agent. Nothing wrong with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast