Thread: Barry's Blog

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Barry's Blog

This game shows if you hold onto the ball, make a few big plays and play mostly aggressive defense and stop the run, you can beat anyone.

For the Rams, it was a big early punt return by Danny Amendola, big catches by rookie Danario Alexander, who adds a nice new wrinkle to the offense, Brandon Gibson, who ran well after catches, and Mardy Gilliard on a big long third down.

It was huge sacks and pressure by a bunch of guys, especially Chris Long and James Hall.

Big play by Diggs to knock Gates out.

It was Sam Bradford calmly picking up two horrific shotgun snaps and tossing them safely away. That shows a lot about his demeanor and he was terrific today. Maybe he should have been trusted a bit more the second half. Maybe Shurmur was dwelling in the two bad throws that could have been picks in the 1st half.

It was all that practice making his hands super strong by O.J. Atogwe that makes a play in the end zone like he make possible.

It was James Laurinaitis making the loudest contact on a ball carrier in years ( Toby WRight on Tiki Barber still the loudest )

It was Jax "closing" the way top backs do.

Hard to go negative, but Shurmur cannot try to sit on 14 point leads against such offensive foes again, especially early in the second half with field position.

Thank goodness their top kicker slipped on tht always new dome turf.

Oh, and Pat Shurmur; first and goal from the one, you RUN, and even if you don't score, you run again, especially with 1:20 left on the clock to half. Jax saved him there again.

And on that second half near ender drive, the clock had 10 seconds left when they snapped a few times, not acceptable clock management.
    Again bad clock management in the last minutes of the first AND second half, and a 45 second long drive without a bomb or a T.O. !! Gotta cover the outside... sheesh.

Horrific non call on Bradford helmet knocker offer cheap shot, even with the make up call a bit later. That guy is gonna lose a VW Jetta ($19995) worth of loot on that one I bet.

Hopefully the Rams can play as well at Tampa, and come back to face a weak Panther team at home.
    Last edited by Barry Waller; -10-17-2010 at 07:22 PM.

Barry Waller

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Barry's Blog

Julian will be in Tampa to keeps things going. I will be shocked if Spags hasn't already called Julian.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Oh, and Pat Shurmur; first and goal from the one, you RUN, and even if you don't score, you run again, especially with 1:20 left on the clock to half. Jax saved him there again.

And on that second half near ender drive, the clock had 10 seconds left when they snapped a few times, not acceptable clock management.
    Again bad clock management in the last minutes of the first AND second half, and a 45 second long drive without a bomb or a T.O. !! Gotta cover the outside... sheesh.
    Agreed. I guess even a big win like this will have it's negative aspects. And Barry hit on them. S-Jax in the backfield; ball on the 1.......and you pass.......and pass again?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Julian will be in Tampa to keeps things going. I will be shocked if Spags hasn't already called Julian.
    I'll be there too!

rampower is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    He has, but not for football. He is a terribly dirty man!!

TO TAMPA!!!!!
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I am glad there kicker missed that one and Josh got his. We could have had a tie game at the end. It was much more fun watching the Rams eat up the last 4 minutes and not give them the ball back.

I have to hand it to the Defense they did fine job of upsetting a potent offense. I hope Gates is ok, I did not see the injury to him. My fantasy team nearly lost thanks to the D. Rivers and Gates are two of my top players. Bradford actually had more points then Rivers this week.

Beautiful pick by Atogwe, and good job moving the chains Jackson.

I have to pick up a Rams program from somewhere so that I can learn some of these new guys names and info.

Have a great time at the Tampa game AvengerRam and RamPower!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Judaxi is offline Registered User

I will agree that Bradford has looked very poised, but I guess I'm nit picking when I say that he took a few loses that he really didn't need to. The big one is when we were first and goal on the 2 and he took a 5 yard loss running out of bounds. Just throw it away Sam, that could have cost us a td. These are things I know he will learn though so I am happy to see him play well and walk away with a win.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I could not be more impressed with bradford on those bad snaps from shotgun. On that play you expect even the most experienced QB's to panic and just fall on the ball. Hell I have even seen Peyton Manning do it. Sam calmly picked it up and threw it away. TWICE. Sam has ice running in his veins, thats for sure.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    I will agree that Bradford has looked very poised, but I guess I'm nit picking when I say that he took a few loses that he really didn't need to. The big one is when we were first and goal on the 2 and he took a 5 yard loss running out of bounds. Just throw it away Sam, that could have cost us a td. These are things I know he will learn though so I am happy to see him play well and walk away with a win.
    Agreed. That was pretty frustrating to watch, as the play took quite a while to develop and he had plenty of opportunity to throw a souvenir to some lucky fan!

richtree is offline Registered User

Just as I felt great about our matchup with SD (cleaned up +9, lol)...I feel the total opposite about the Carolina game.

WE are pretty even with Tampa and hopefully we can pull out of road win on the back of our Defense again....but the Carolina game is going to be brutal for the Rams.

A tough running team with a really good scheme on defense is gonna give us fits with their speed. Hopefully Steve Smith isn't back, because this will be a super tough matchup for our team.

Anyway, lets just focus on Tampa and the need for a road win...good luck

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Just as I felt great about our matchup with SD (cleaned up +9, lol)...I feel the total opposite about the Carolina game.

WE are pretty even with Tampa and hopefully we can pull out of road win on the back of our Defense again....but the Carolina game is going to be brutal for the Rams.

A tough running team with a really good scheme on defense is gonna give us fits with their speed. Hopefully Steve Smith isn't back, because this will be a super tough matchup for our team.

Anyway, lets just focus on Tampa and the need for a road win...good luck
    The Carolina game is going to be brutal? They are easily the worst team in the league. Offense is dead last in yards and points. They aren't running the ball effectively, they cannot pass the ball period, and their defense is mediocre, giving up 134.4 yards on the ground. They've only been in one game they've played.

The ONLY thing even keeping them as close as they have been is an ability to force turnovers.
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -10-19-2010 at 12:18 PM.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    The Carolina game is going to be brutal? They are easily the worst team in the league. They aren't running the ball effectively, they cannot pass the ball period, and their defense is mediocre. They've only been in one game they've played.

It's about matchups. SD was a good matchup for our style. Carolina is not.

The average fan doesn't look past the records and see the matchups within a game.

I think there is a good chance we beat SD and TB and then lose a let down to Carolina....

You may not agree but that's what I see in the matchup game