Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dgr828 is offline Registered User

Bartell almost a ProBowler today.

Bartell almost a ProBowler today.-bartellarizona-cardinals-v-st-louis-rams-yocnkpuyeeyl.jpg
    Gotta make this Pick 6!!!

All in All Ron had a solid day, he did a fabulous job for the most part on Fitzgerald, he put a hard charge on Arizona's QB Derek Anderson and he's really developed into the Rams main shutdown Corner.
    He had a Pro bowl performance today!
    I would've sealed my nomination for him if he would've come through with this pic for 6.
    Hope to see you in Honolulu, RON!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Bartell almost a ProBowler today.

Not to be a downer, but I think fitz was open most of the day, he just had a lot of miscommunication with Anderson. Bartell didn't bat any passes or keep fitz from getting it through heavy coverage, Anderson just consistently threw to the wrong place.

Maybe I am wrong, but that is what I saw. All Anderson had to do was stop trying to throw to Fitz, I wasn't impressed with our coverage overall.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

OMG, he had a bad day..... just like berg said he was open most of the time just got under or over thrown. The other times Bartell NEVER turned his head around to play the ball in the air. Then that 1 time he dropped a pick 6. I think he coulda had 2 ints but the 1st one might have been another corner cant remember who it was.

Richbert88 is online now Registered User

I noticed that Bartel almost never turned to see the ball either. Just a couple looks would probably have yielded a batted ball or two. But it seemed he was mostly trying to maintain proximity to Fitz more than playing the ball.

I personally wasn't overly impressed.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

right and actually none of our DBs ever turned to look for the ball.... I cant remember what cb it was but the ball damn near hit him in the back.... If we woulda turned around it was a pick 6. I think that was the 1st or 2nd qtr

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I really haven't been impressed with Bartell's play at Corner.

Although you can argue that James Butler should have covered Fitzgerald for the TD, i think the corner in that situation needs to play the underneath zone better, and Bartell let Fitz get open before the safety could get over and then whiffed on batting the ball away. I was much more impressed with Bradley Fletcher's coverage

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Thos that did not see Bartell had a very solid day covering Fitzgerald, 90% of the time in MAN TO MAN coverage, are simply blind ....

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Thos that did not see Bartell had a very solid day covering Fitzgerald, 90% of the time in MAN TO MAN coverage, are simply blind ....
    Well all i will say to this is that its easy to cover a WR when the QB throws the ball nowhere near him. I think Fitzgerald was targeted 15 times, catching only 3, but the majority of the incompletions had little to do with Bartell's coverage.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Perhaps people are overlooking the possibility that Bartell's coverage is the reason the balls were thrown so poorly. If he had been wide open, the throw would have been easy. Instead, Anderson had to try to force it into a tight area away from the defender, causing him to miss the mark and overthrow it. Sometimes with a quarterback like Anderson, that's all it takes. Something to think about anyway.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Bartell did a good job staying with Fitzgerald for the most part, but there were catches to be made had Anderson delivered the ball accurately. He and Fitz were on different pages all day and it showed. It's hard to evaluate just how good Bartell's coverage was when much of the time it didn't matter due to a poor throw.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

bradwill is offline Registered User

Call me blind then because Fitzgerald was open several times and Anderson simply made poor passes. It wasn't like Bartell had him blanketed. Bartell played well today no doubt, but there was a problem between Anderson-Fitzgerald on timing that helped a LOT and Bartell's easy INT drop was not good.

The only real goat in the secondary I saw was James Butler. Dockery didn't look great earlier in the game, but when AZ decided that maybe they could still win, they targeted Butler and burned him badly twice on their TD drive.

Spags said after the game that the plan wasn't to play Butler because he was "85-90%" but guys getting banged-up a "little" changed the plan. I hope that's true. Butler has not been a good signing at all and looked like a reach initially after he came off a bad season in NYG in the first place. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by bradwill View Post
    Call me blind then because Fitzgerald was open several times and Anderson simply made poor passes. It wasn't like Bartell had him blanketed. Bartell played well today no doubt, but there was a problem between Anderson-Fitzgerald on timing that helped a LOT and Bartell's easy INT drop was not good.

The only real goat in the secondary I saw was James Butler. Dockery didn't look great earlier in the game, but when AZ decided that maybe they could still win, they targeted Butler and burned him badly twice on their TD drive.

Spags said after the game that the plan wasn't to play Butler because he was "85-90%" but guys getting banged-up a "little" changed the plan. I hope that's true. Butler has not been a good signing at all and looked like a reach initially after he came off a bad season in NYG in the first place. Oh well.
    WR will win man-to-man matchup majority of the time in the NFL. That is how the rules are designed.

With that said, you put a big pass rush on the QB like we did at times yesterday, and they make big throws. Consequently, it makes the DBs look even better. Pass rush disrupts the timing ....

Bartell handled Fitzgerald one on one as well as he could of. Rarely did he have safety help. The one time he relied on safety help, he got burned. He took the Onus for it ....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Bartell was the cause of most of the incompletions, wouldn't he have got more than one Pass Defended credited to him? He only has the one this season, which i believe was when the ball bounced off his hands and he was unable to make the easy interception. I'm all for giving credit where credit is due, but Bartell simply wasn't as great as some people are trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Bartell was the cause of most of the incompletions, wouldn't he have got more than one Pass Defended credited to him? He only has the one this season, which i believe was when the ball bounced off his hands and he was unable to make the easy interception. I'm all for giving credit where credit is due, but Bartell simply wasn't as great as some people are trying to say.
    You're wrong ...

Most high performing DB's get 15-20 passes defensed in a SEASON ...

supachump is offline Registered User

I wasn't impressed with Bartell either. Fitz was limping around and still getting open. Anderson just couldn't ever get a pass to him. Credit should go to the DLine for putting pressure on the qback. Not Bartell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast