Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dominating D is offline Registered User

Re: Bartell injured in Tuesday night practice

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    It's a violent game. Injuries happen. Most times it's not the best team that wins the Super Bowl, but the one with the most healthy players. If every team played their top 22 players every game, the league would have parity. But when one team is playing 22 of its top 30 players and another is playing 22 of its top 65 (after IR's and street agents), then it's easy to see how the healthier team rises to the top.

Hopefully, the Rams can stay healthy.
    Do not agree with that at all. Some times the best teams do not win due to injuries but not most of the time.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Do not agree with that at all. Some times the best teams do not win due to injuries but not most of the time.
    I mostly agree with HUbison but for football it's less obvious than other sports. If you look at playoff teams in most sports, they are generally the healthiest teams for that season. Injuries hurt both development and instant level of play on the field. I won't really go to the parity extent but average teams that stay healthy can make serious runs at the Superbowl. And how many teams that may be facing a great player on their roster and the guy just can't stay healthy and develop? The Rams have several WRs in that mold right now.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Hubison has a great point, football is indeed a war of attrition. However, its not necessarily the MOST injuries, its the injuries at key positions. The saints dont win last year if brees gets hurt as an example.

All teams have injuries, but some teams have a LOT better depth than others. I think hubison is right on target in that the gap between all teams is by far the most narrow with the top 22 of each team on the field. However, when the backups get in, there is a much wider discrepancy in talent.

Over the last several years, the Rams have been completely devoid of any bench strength, which coupled with our limited talent in our first 22, accounts in material part for our terrible record.

Its certainly true that the rams won sb 34 after trent green got hurt, but i would view that as a one in a million shot, and i dont think we would have won if we lost faulk and pace with warner as an example.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    If Bartell is injured for part of the season, I would like to see Fletcher, Murphy, and Dockery as our top 3 corners.
    Agree with Fletcher and Murphy but what about Justin King? I'm hoping that he continues to develop his game. We are going to need him. And, I am not ready to concede a spot for a career backup like Dockery.

WHAT SAY YE?

CT_RamsFan is offline Registered User

Lets just hope this is minor, cause this would really hurt us.especially since Arizona is a very winnable game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12