Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    rams_fan_4_life is offline Registered User

Is bartell really going to be missed?

Listen guys are 57 tackles,3 interceptions and 1 fumble recovery worth 8 million a year? (2 of those interceptions came in the 2nd to last game of the year aginst the ***** powerfull offense)..i say let someone else pay him that much..

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Re: Is bartell really going to be missed?

For a CB you want to have a low number of tackles because that means they are throwing your way. Bartell, in the last few games, made QBs look the other way and basically took away one side of the field.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

In our secondary, yes Bartell would be sorely missed. He is/was so much better than Brown, Hill, Wade, or anyone else that was here.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

im not goin into how much a player is worth..thats for Devanney & Demoff to decide..

i saw every game last season and those stats dont tell even half of the story...in one on one match ups,i didnt see him get beat once all year!
    now admittedly in a 3 hour long game where Jim Beam & pretzels are consumed with wild abandonment and in most cases where i would crawl into a ball on the floor repeatedly chanting "please dont score 50,please dont score 50............"
    i may have missed one or two..but i can only talk about what i actually saw myself and i didnt see him get beat in one on one`s,not once!
    the low number of tackles aint that low,not for a corner but take into consideration that it was only at the start of games that teams really threw in his direction..after the 1st quarter teams would think "damn that kid is actually pretty good,lets just take on that midget CB those fools drafted in the first a while back or WOW a team actually still plays that Chavous these days,lets run over his ass"..and things like that...

"is he gonna really be missed?"

well as in all aspects of life that always depends on what the replacement can give....if you were once dating Meg Ryan but now dating Jessica Simpson you not gonna miss ol` Meg...but if you stuck in your bedroom with only four walls for company...ya gonna miss Meg pretty badly!

general counsel is offline Registered User

The rams talk about getting bigger, more physical and younger. They say they want to invest money in younger players who are still improving. Bartell had the lowest opposing qb rating of any player in the nfc west last year. He has drafted as an athlete from a small school and it was well known that he would need time to develop.\

Bartell has improved every year. He has met or exceeded every expectation for him. He fits every criteria for the rams (or any other team for that matter) in terms of how to allocate money. The mistake of course was not locking him up last year, but if you dont lock your young guys up and they have the breakout year, of course its going to cost a ton of money to keep them.

There is absolutely ZERO reason to assume that bartell wont continue to improve. As an aside, he has never once been an off the field problem.

As with anything in life, you have to pay for quality. Losing bartell would be a huge loss as we are not going to be able to get a comporable player for materially less money. This is market value, like it or not.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Irishrover40 is offline Registered User

Gentlemen: Like it or not We desperately NEED to sign Bartell(assuming the he is still unsigned by the "Aints" yet). If you look at his history, he has steadly improved and, of great benefit of this team has no off field situations to deal with. Ron Bartell is a reaql asset to the team. I pray to God that Billy & Spags get him signed. THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

one thing to consider is,look who he`s been coached by so far...dont know who was coaching him in Howard,but so far in his Career in the NFL,he`s had Marmie,Haslett & Milus...hardly steller coaches there and yet he`s improved.
    also he was held back for too long in his early career by the "wisdom" of above mentioned coaches,when i and im sure a few others were screaming to give him a proper go at starting!

Bartell under Spags..equals one scary CB!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Bartell broke up 20 passes ....Amongst the league leaders ...

You want to know what kind of player and how much heart he has? Go watch him run down that Atlanta Falcon and strip the ball after about a 90 yard chase ...

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    im not goin into how much a player is worth..thats for Devanney & Demoff to decide..

i saw every game last season and those stats dont tell even half of the story...in one on one match ups,i didnt see him get beat once all year!
    now admittedly in a 3 hour long game where Jim Beam & pretzels are consumed with wild abandonment and in most cases where i would crawl into a ball on the floor repeatedly chanting "please dont score 50,please dont score 50............"
    i may have missed one or two..but i can only talk about what i actually saw myself and i didnt see him get beat in one on one`s,not once!
    the low number of tackles aint that low,not for a corner but take into consideration that it was only at the start of games that teams really threw in his direction..after the 1st quarter teams would think "damn that kid is actually pretty good,lets just take on that midget CB those fools drafted in the first a while back or WOW a team actually still plays that Chavous these days,lets run over his ass"..and things like that...

"is he gonna really be missed?"

well as in all aspects of life that always depends on what the replacement can give....if you were once dating Meg Ryan but now dating Jessica Simpson you not gonna miss ol` Meg...but if you stuck in your bedroom with only four walls for company...ya gonna miss Meg pretty badly!
    Tye hill got hurt and benched and so did Chavous early in the year !!!!
    Maybe you spent more time in the fetal position than you thought.
    How the hell do you think Bartell didnt get burned once all year..... Do you remember playing the Eagles.... or Giants. What about Seattle the 1st time. Everyone quit posting Fitz's stats from 1 game. I could care less he covered Fitz good for one game. The game that our Defense played the best 3 quarters they played all year. Did you ever think it was because we were getting pressure on Warner that game, that is why Bartell has good #'s against Fitz. Not because he is a MONSTER in the backfield....
    Last edited by MarshallMarshall; -02-28-2009 at 01:46 PM.

ramsfan38 is offline Registered User

Tye Hill got "BURNT" and benched before his injury! The only reason they put Tye back in the lineup was due to other injuries. Tye showed some promise in his first year (not as much as many of you think IMO), and went downhill from there. It's ridiculous to even compare Ron to Tye. Bartell showed flashes of his potential in his rookie year and shown progress every year since. He will be sorely missed if he chooses to leave the Rams. I am still hoping he's drawn to Spags and the potential for his career.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    Tye hill got hurt and benched and so did Chavous early in the year !!!!
    Maybe you spent more time in the fetal position than you thought.
    How the hell do you think Bartell didnt get burned once all year..... Do you remember playing the Eagles.... or Giants. What about Seattle the 1st time. Everyone quit posting Fitz's stats from 1 game. I could care less he covered Fitz good for one game. The game that our Defense played the best 3 quarters they played all year. Did you ever think it was because we were getting pressure on Warner that game, that is why Bartell has good #'s against Fitz. Not because he is a MONSTER in the backfield....
    93 pass thrown at, 51% complete, 5.77 YPA, 1 TD, 3 INT, 60.2 rate, 20 forced incomplete ...

Those are the statistics for ALL passes thrown at Bartell. Go ahead and argue those.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    93 pass thrown at, 51% complete, 5.77 YPA, 1 TD, 3 INT, 60.2 rate, 20 forced incomplete ...

Those are the statistics for ALL passes thrown at Bartell. Go ahead and argue those.
    are you saying those numbers are worth 8 million a year? not arguing just want to know if you would pay 8 million a year for those numbers..

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan_4_life View Post
    are you saying those numbers are worth 8 million a year? not arguing just want to know if you would pay 8 million a year for those numbers..
    Yep, I would, the market sets the price, it is what it is ...

Do you realize that if you took Bartell out of the equation, our other DB's were responsible for allowing QB's to put up a QB rating over 100 ...

Quality CB's are getting 7M+ a year these days, its just a fact of life. You want to pay 2-3M for a DB, and you get the Tye Hill's and Jason Craft's of the world ...

You write as if you aren't impressed by those numbers concerning Bartell. Only a handful of players in the league can boast that QB's are less effective throwing at them. By season's end, QB's rarely bothered to throw at Bartell ...

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    The rams talk about getting bigger, more physical and younger. They say they want to invest money in younger players who are still improving. Bartell had the lowest opposing qb rating of any player in the nfc west last year. He has drafted as an athlete from a small school and it was well known that he would need time to develop.\

Bartell has improved every year. He has met or exceeded every expectation for him. He fits every criteria for the rams (or any other team for that matter) in terms of how to allocate money. The mistake of course was not locking him up last year, but if you dont lock your young guys up and they have the breakout year, of course its going to cost a ton of money to keep them.

There is absolutely ZERO reason to assume that bartell wont continue to improve. As an aside, he has never once been an off the field problem.

As with anything in life, you have to pay for quality. Losing bartell would be a huge loss as we are not going to be able to get a comporable player for materially less money. This is market value, like it or not.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    YOu need some rep points for that comment but alas I don't know how to give rep points.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Yep, I would, the market sets the price, it is what it is ...

Do you realize that if you took Bartell out of the equation, our other DB's were responsible for allowing QB's to put up a QB rating over 100 ...

Quality CB's are getting 7M+ a year these days, its just a fact of life. You want to pay 2-3M for a DB, and you get the Tye Hill's and Jason Craft's of the world ...

You write as if you aren't impressed by those numbers concerning Bartell. Only a handful of players in the league can boast that QB's are less effective throwing at them. By season's end, QB's rarely bothered to throw at Bartell ...
    your talking like he played aginst the top QB' in the league..take a look at the quality of QB's he played aginst..its a joke and so are the rams if we pay that bum 8 million a year

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast