• 1 Post By laram0
  • 2 Post By r8rh8rmike
  • 2 Post By HUbison
  • 1 Post By r8rh8rmike
  • 2 Post By laram0
  • 1 Post By Curly Horns
  • 1 Post By Curly Horns
  • 1 Post By r8rh8rmike

Thread: A Bash Weekend/Game Perspective (It's a long one)

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

A Bash Weekend/Game Perspective (It's a long one)

Amazing Amazing Amazing! This was the best Bash weekend I've ever had. A whirlwind of good times from the minute I hit town until the minute I left.

After getting off the train in downtown, my brother and I met laram0 and his friend Chris at our hotel, got some Pizza and then went over to the Arch, which is the second best thing to do in St. Louis. While talking outside the entrance, I decide to call Ferter to see what he was doing, and as I'm calling him, I turn around and surprise, I see this guy a few feet away, looking at me with a smile on his face, to which I ask, Ferter?? And sure enough, it was the man, the myth, the legend himself with this beautiful woman who was somehow his wife. I don’t know how they found us, but I guess it was fate (just by random chance, we were also at the same 17 story hotel, with our rooms on the same floor, directly across from each other). We all went over to the Irish bar next to our hotel and had some drinks, talked Rams football, Clanram moments, and of course, had the now infamous Marc Bulger discussion, where I was ridiculed and pummeled by everyone involved. Good thing we all laughed and joked through the entire discussion.

Saturday morning, laram0, Chris, my brother and I took a cab to the Anheuser-Busch brewery for the tour. Talk about a good deal, not only is it an interesting tour, but it's free, and at the end, you can sit in the tasting room and have your fill of several of their beers. laram0, Chris and my brother did just that. By the time we took off, they’d left about 20 empty glasses on the table. What a bunch of lushes! We decided to walk the three miles back to the hotel and got a new perspective on the city.

Then later in the evening, we all met up for the Bash. We were back at Jake’s, and had some good discussion and bonding before dinner. It was great to meet some new attendees and see some old friends, especially RamGram’s family, who despite recent difficulties, made the trip. After dinner, we had the raffle, and I was lucky enough to once again clean up with some nifty prizes. Here’s where I need to give thanks to my buddy laram0. My eyesight in low light, looking at small type isn’t what it used to be, so when I couldn’t see if my ticket numbers were called, laram0 was kind enough to alert AvengerRam with, “Hey, numbnuts here has it!” So again, I want to thank him for that! We finished up with a few drinks, some more Rams talk, and a few laughs before heading out.

Let me just say some things about the people at this year’s Bash. laram0 is now a close friend who I always look forward to hanging out with every chance I get. AvengerRam is someone I have a great repoire with, and a guy who keeps this thing going every year, always doing a magnificent job. Ferter said it well in another thread, we got along like we’ve been friends for life. He is the great guy I knew he would be. And his wife Laurie is an absolute doll. She had a smile on her face the entire weekend, and wasn’t fazed one bit by my dry, sometimes too dry sense of humor. TekeRam and his wife Becka are always a pleasure to see and great to interact with. Their upbeat nature is infectious. Gap was a blast to hang out with, and I enjoyed talking Rams football with him. At the game, he kept me pumped up and engaged with his intense, die-hard attitude. Badmoforamfan and his wife were surprise attendees, coming out from Denver at the last minute, and were a great addition. They fit right in and like everybody else, seemed to smile the entire weekend. ZiaRam and his brother came out from New Mexico, and although I wasn’t sure what to expect from them, their youthful exuberance was a breath of fresh air. It was really fun to see them put that exuberance to work during the game.

Once you get past the veil of cyberspace, it’s easy to see that ClanRam members are a special group of individuals.

Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY! I was keyed up, but had a good feeling about the game, especially after noticing that my airline reservation had the letters GZ in it. Little did I know what a good omen that would turn out to be. Most of us got into the Dome early, and settled in. By the time the player introductions took place, the stands were virtually empty, and I felt bad that guys like Jo-Lonn Dunbar and James Laurinaitis, who were fired up and exhorting the “crowd”, didn’t get the thunderous ovation they deserved. I don’t want to be negative, but at the start of the game, there were still thousands of empty seats, which was disappointing. The amount of no-shows was staggering, especially in the upper deck. That said, the crowd that was there, were all incredibly loud and vocal throughout the entire game. The fans of St. Louis did themselves proud, as did ClanRam. I don’t know about anyone else, but by the time the game was over, my voice was completely gone, my hands literally had bruises on them, and my calves hurt from jumping up and down. Obviously, a small price to pay.

The game itself was emotionally wrenching to get through, but that just made the outcome all the more sweet. It took six years and five visits, but the Rams finally gave me my first home win in St. Louis, and the first I personally experienced in 18 LONG years since being a season ticket holder in Anaheim. The feeling was incredible, and I’ve still got it.

I’m not sure if it was my view from the stands or not, but is sure looked like there was a new NFL rule in place, the Seahawks rule. It allows Seattle players on both sides of the ball, to push away any opposing player in a position to make a catch. Someone in our group made the point that Golden Tate must out there playing DB. I’m going to watch the game again, but there were two plays where it looked blatantly obvious that Seahawk defenders pushed Ram receivers in attempts to make catches, with no call.

When the game was over, most of us went out to watch the players exit the Dome, as well as get some pictures and autographs. TekeRam is the absolute master at getting pictures with players and autographs. He should write a how-to book on the subject. After watching the last guy out, Chris Long, accommodate every autograph and picture request, the remaining group triumphantly walked down to the Landing to have dinner at the Morgan Street Brewery. It was a great way to revel in our victory and have one last get together before we all went our separate ways.

Again, it was simply an AMAZING weekend, and I already can’t wait to go back next year. I HIGHLY recommend making the trip. It’s an experience like no other.

I’ll post pictures on my profile page when I get a chance.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -10-02-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    RamDez, thoey, Curly Horns and 7 others like this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: A Bash Weekend/Game Perspective (It's a long one)

After all that - I'll keep my reply short:

"I Love you guys"

RamDez, r8rh8rmike and laram0 like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Great write up Numb Nuts....I mean Mike. I tried to give you rep but I need to spread some around. I'm pretty stingy with the reps you know.
    RamDez likes this.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Very nice post Mike thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Great write up Numb Nuts....I mean Mike. I tried to give you rep but I need to spread some around. I'm pretty stingy with the reps you know.
    Stingy with the rep, but not the cab fare. Thanks again big guy, you always take care of me on Bash weekend, and regardless of how cheap I am, I won't forget your generosity and that I owe you, big time!. At least I hope I won't.
    RamDez and laram0 like this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Let's see some pics!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

That sounds awesome, and I'm very excited for you guys. But.......
    We decided to walk the three miles back to the hotel
    ....from AB to the hotel?!?! Not exactly a country club you fellas were walking through.

Holy crap, guys. That's tempting fate there!
    RamDez and gap like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    That sounds awesome, and I'm very excited for you guys. But...........from AB to the hotel?!?! Not exactly a country club you fellas were walking through.

But HUb, fate was on our side this weekend!
    RamDez likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    That sounds awesome, and I'm very excited for you guys. But...........from AB to the hotel?!?! Not exactly a country club you fellas were walking through.

That free beer gave us muscles that we really didn't have.
    Curly Horns and gap like this.

That free beer gave us muscles that we really didn't have.
    BTW - Looking through some of my pics I did get you shaking Chris Long's hand. When it comes to scoring a high five or a handshake - You're the ClanRam stud.

laram0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    BTW - Looking through some of my pics I did get you shaking Chris Long's hand. When it comes to scoring a high five or a handshake - You're the ClanRam stud.

Post those pics, please!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

This sounds fantastic. Let me reiterate my jealousy and cross my fingers that next year is the year.

Post those pics, please!
    Will do big guy!

But, I got to go back to work for a couple of days, so it will probably be this weekend.

laram0 likes this.

Okay, pictures added to my profile page. I expect to see others to do the same.
    Curly Horns likes this.