View Poll Results: Who are you going to watch the closest?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • FS: Atogwe vs Bartell vs Carter

3 6.67%
  • SLB: Smith vs Coakley vs Chillar

3 6.67%
  • #2 DT:Kennedy vs Wrotten

5 11.11%
  • #2 WR: Curtis VS Bruce

2 4.44%
  • #1 & #2 CB's: Butler vs Fisher vs Brown vs Hill vs Groce vs Bartell

18 40.00%
  • Right DE: Hargrove vs Green vs Adeyanju

1 2.22%
  • TE: Klopfenstein vs Byrd

6 13.33%
  • Left Guard: Terrell vs Incognito

7 15.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Which battle will be the best?

Come training camp we are going to have a lot of battles for positions. More than I can remember in a long time! Who is going to be the most fun to watch?

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Re: Which battle will be the best?

I picked the FS battle,I think Carter will end up being a backup but It will be interesting to see if we stick with Atogwe or if Bartell can build on his talent to oust OJ from the spot.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

I chose the TE: Klopfenstein vs Byrd. 2nd would be CB positions. Whoever wins the TE job is goning to help Marc Bulger and the offence alot. They will probably take turns playing.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Wraith, you got me excited for camp. You're right, that's a ton of wide open competitions. My favorite will be the CB battle, simply because there are 6 different guys who have a legit shot at starting. That's awesome, it's like some kind of battle royal or something. I'm pumped to see how that shakes out.

I have to disagree with one of your battles, though. For DT, I don't see it as between Kennedy and Wroten. I see two DT battles:

UT - Glover vs. Wroten
    NT - Kennedy vs. Fisk
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I agree mighty Bison.

I am starting to get so excited for camp this season. I feel like this is a whole new ball game.

Another one that could be added. Jackson/Fisher/Bennett if everything pans out. Not sure why we need to add Bennett though. I am fine with Fisher, although Bennett would be a huge change of pace.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

One to watch during the season: Linehan vs Haslett. I just have a feeling this isn't a warm and fuzzy fit.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

I like the battle at CB. It will be interesting to see if Butler is fully recovered & how he will handle the position coming back from major knee injury. I hope he is back at full speed & can lock down 1 of the starting spots. the #2 spot i think Brown will win out of camp, simple because he has experience in Hasletts system. Hill will be not far behind.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

The one to watch will be the free safety battle. Why, you ask? Because as of this moment, we don't have a free safety. One with any experience anyway. I think it's either Atogwe or Bartell. Both are pretty smart as I remember and that is what will be needed in this defense. Haslett has already said he's going to be more aggressive with the blitz. Translation: corners will be in a man-lock, strong safety will be helping in run support, and the free safety better be smart enough to read the offense and find the deep route.

Otherwise, Haslett's blitzing will be for naught.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    One to watch during the season: Linehan vs Haslett. I just have a feeling this isn't a warm and fuzzy fit.

This is one that I hope there is nothing to watch, but I am with you on this one tx as I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about these two. Maybe its just all those years of Haslett hating us and now that he is on our side it seems weird. Well hopefully everything will work out and the Rams will once again be feared.
    Sprtsmac :football:

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Well...I hope you're wrong haha, the reason why Haslett is here, is because of Linehan though, Linehan pitched the idea of how he wants everything re-done in St.Louis, and Haslett then said yes to it after a few meetings and phone calls. So, hopefully they're buddies, and not rivaling to be the head honcho, I don't think he's gonna be like Martz with that...I think everything will be good with Haslett imo

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I'm really interested in Incognito. If he comes on so does the line, ergo the Offense.

There is another battle, and a not so subtle one at that, at lesser quarterback.

And I await the developement of the monster known as McGaragle which will fulfill my prophecy of him becoming a star in the middle.
    The break, don't bend offense.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

i'm excited about all the training camp battles!

just some predictions here...

FS - Atogwe wins-showed great promise in last game, Carter was a horrible tackler last year and Bartell will likely be the utility man in the secondary switching from different positions...plus Atogwe is a Canadian
    SLB - Toss up....i'll go with Smith- I think he knows Linehan from his minnesota days so an advantage for him, Chillar has a great motor but hasnt shown us much in the last few seasons and Coakley is probably done after the injury.
    #2 DT- Kennedy - could be his breakout season at last...he was bothered by injuries last year but wagoner always raves about him, Wroten is too raw for now, probably better served as a situational guy
    #2 WR - Bruce (for now) - Bruce still has lots left in the tank and he'll want to prove himself after last season...i won't be surprised if Kevin Curtis takes over later in the season, expect both to have lots of catches
    CB - Butler, Brown - as long as butler is healed as wagoner says, i expect him to hold a starting spot, brown knows haslett well and he will be the starter in the beginning, Tye will likely play nickel for now as he needs some much needed NFL experience, Fisher will battle Tye for PT and he needs to prove that he is injury-free as well...as I said Bartell will be the utility guy while Groce will be relegated to an insurance policy
    RE - Hargrove - I've looked for him to breakout last year which didnt happen, I think he'll get a chance to start this year. Don't be surprised if the rook gets a lot of PT as well and Green will probably be just a backup
    TE - Klopper - Obviously Linehan thinks more highly of him compared to Byrd since he took Klopper in the second round and Byrd in the third. But if he falters...Byrd might just take over
    LG - Toss up...I'll take Incognito - again very tough to tell but if the reports on Terrell are correct, he'd better slim down quick or Inco will get a chance to prove his worth as a starter

Just My 2 cents

rams#1 Guest

I honestly Believe that the Bruce/curtis battle wont pick up untill next year possibly even the year after that. I just could not imagine not having bruce in the starting lineup. I would freakin cry.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I think all them will be interesting to watch the most for me will be the D

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sprtsmac
    This is one that I hope there is nothing to watch, but I am with you on this one tx as I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about these two. Maybe its just all those years of Haslett hating us and now that he is on our side it seems weird. Well hopefully everything will work out and the Rams will once again be feared.
    Yes, it does seem weird, but I am positive that they are both here to win games, and that everything will be fine. I am personally not too worried about this.

As far as my choice, I am going to be watching the offensive line battle like a hawk. Bulger needs much better protection, and I will be an angry MOM if neither Terrell or Incognito step up.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast