throwback week

krist042 Guest

Beast Mode: Engage

Steven Jackson came and played today. I was impressed with his performance:
    24 Attempts for 110 Yards. A 4.6 Average with 1 TD AND 5 Receptions 62 Yards.
    Even though he did get stuffed a lot, and could have made some better decisions about which hole to go through, I thought he played well. I didn't think he would come into this game 100% emotionally into it but it sure looked like he did.
    Last edited by krist042; -09-28-2008 at 10:02 PM.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Beast Mode: Engage

Once he got those hundred yards however, it seemed to shut off, though that was also when Buffalo came back, so the whole team probably got disheartened. Once he got up there he just seemed to go back and forth over, under, over, under 100. It just proved to me that the whole team needs to have better conditioning and hope for the full four quarters.

It did show me however, we won't go 0-16.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

The almost completely went away from Jackson in the 3rd. Just more proof that coaching level is where a lot of our deficiencies lie.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

Mooselini Guest

Jackson in fact did play great today. Good day to wear my SJax jersey. I'm glad that he played good. He is the motivation of this team.

We just need to find a way to keep it going through all four quarters.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Sure enough some missed opportunities. But DARN, the line did open a few holes--Jackson ground up some yards, and though it took till the later stages of the 3rd and some shining moments of the 4th, there was a shadow of the old Rams.

...a serious improvement. Still, eventhough Buffalo came in 3-0 the caliber of their defeated opponents is wanting. So its hard to gage what kind of gut-check this was for the Rams. Its yet to be proven if the Bills are contenders or pretenders.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    We just need to find a way to keep it going through all four quarters.
    I couldn't agree more, and how can we go from Jackson having 16 carries in the first half to 8 in the second and expect to win? We had the lead through the entire 3rd quarter as well and yet during the heart of that quarter we hand the ball to Jackson 3 times? He still had a great game (which could have been MUCH better) and I'm glad we have him for our future.
    Last edited by OldSchoolRamFan; -09-28-2008 at 10:39 PM.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

krist042 Guest

I personally think Jackson has perfected the art of spinning and does it as well or better than any other back. He doesn't use a spin as a juke type move, he uses it when the defender has him wrapped up, and just times a quick, spin to break out and does it flawlessly. On more than half the plays when Jackson got negative or no yards, you see him spinning out of at least one tackle, only to get met by another defender. But I do agree, he came out flat after the half, I didn't see it, but noticed he got a 53 yard pass. He could possibly be our third best receiver (1 Holt, 2 Avery, 2 SJAx). Lets see how he plays under Haslett